Page 165 of 215 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 2145

Thread: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

  1. #1641
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    When we pay debt service on the percentage change then I will be concerned about it. somehow a 1.7 trillion dollar debt is worse than a 6.2 trillion dollar debt in the liberal world. New liberal math?
    This is the typical conservative math where gross and aggregate is used and inflation and percentages are ignored. Where self induced recessions are compared to financial collapses and we are told the former is worse. Where SS is called ponzi to justify those dollars used in rigged markets to line the pockets of investment bankers.

    That is the conservative way.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #1642
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    I think we have proof AM radio signals kill brain cells!
    After the loss of my wife I don't listen to talk radio any more, sitting here watching ESPN and beating the crap out of you and other liberals. You see, logic and common aren't in the liberal vocabulary nor is a basic understanding of where your SS money goes.

  3. #1643
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    This is the typical conservative math where gross and aggregate is used and inflation and percentages are ignored. Where self induced recessions are compared to financial collapses and we are told the former is worse. Where SS is called ponzi to justify those dollars used in rigged markets to line the pockets of investment bankers.

    That is the conservative way.
    Social Security is Much Worse Than a Ponzi Scheme - and Here's How to End It - Forbes

    Seems that maybe the words need to be in a bigger font for you to read

  4. #1644
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Really? So who is obligated to pay you your SS benefits if not the Govt? Do you understand the term liability? The govt owes you the money thus it is a future obligation. You simply cannot admit that you are wrong. Doubt that light bulb will ever go off.

    So your contribution is to charity and not SS?
    My contribution is used to pay CURRENT retirees, a small part is used for "future obligations". You just keep tripping over yourself with your inaccurate descriptions
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #1645
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    My contribution is used to pay CURRENT retirees, a small part is used for "future obligations". You just keep tripping over yourself with your inaccurate descriptions
    of course it is so tell me how that is different from a Ponzi Scheme. Let this help you

    Social Security is Much Worse Than a Ponzi Scheme - and Here's How to End It - Forbes

    Is that what you were taught about SS and the purpose for SS, that your contributions would pay for someone else? why is that even necessary?

  6. #1646
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Seems that maybe the words need to be in a bigger font for you to read
    PPS....Con, it is another investment banker trying to get a bigger pool of money to lose while he walks away with a percent.

    That is closer to your "ponzi".
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #1647
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,251

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Never said it was a deficit but did say it wasn't a surplus
    Surplus has been defined mathematically.

    it is a future liability that has to be funded.
    SS is a future liability. The surplus funds are exactly that, surplus funds.


    Taking the money now an spending it doesn't change that liability and has to be funded somehow. Where is the money going to come from in a declining labor force?
    Future tax revenues will fund S.S. Clinton still balanced the budget whether you like it or not.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  8. #1648
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    of course it is so tell me how that is different from a Ponzi Scheme. Let this help you
    Jesus, I have already explained it to you, and yet you think that a scammers article is going to persuade me.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #1649
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Kushinator View Post
    Surplus has been defined mathematically.



    SS is a future liability. The surplus funds are exactly that, surplus funds.




    Future tax revenues will fund S.S. Clinton still balanced the budget whether you like it or not.
    That is your problem mathematics doesn't tell the whole story. You ought to understand that. This really is sad that someone like you with such a brilliant mind cannot understand that SS was never intended to be this way and your contributions are long gone secured by trillions in IOU's that have to be funded. Keep believing that future tax revenue will fund those trillions in liabilities.

  10. #1650
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    After the loss of my wife I don't listen to talk radio any more, sitting here watching ESPN and beating the crap out of you and other liberals. You see, logic and common aren't in the liberal vocabulary nor is a basic understanding of where your SS money goes.
    This is why you need to get out. You are not beating anything and you are driving yourself crazy.


    I imagined it was just like this....I was right.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •