Page 163 of 215 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 2145

Thread: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

  1. #1621
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    From a place you have never been part of, reality. What is it about liberalism that creates people like you?
    Like I said, you are of into this deep end of rejecting the real world and relying on your very twisted "experience".
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #1622
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Reagan DID increase FICA and DID use it in his budget WHILE he tripled the debt. What that has to do with Reagan "inheriting" inflation from oil shocks is beyond me.
    All Presidents have used SS funds on budget as created by LBJ in the 60's as part of the unified budget. Reagan was responsible for 1.7 trillion dollars in debt whereas Obama is responsible for over 6.2 trillion in less than 5 years. SS is bankrupt, and 195000 jobs reportedly created last month isn't going to save it.

  3. #1623
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Like I said, you are of into this deep end of rejecting the real world and relying on your very twisted "experience".
    Social Security is Much Worse Than a Ponzi Scheme - and Here's How to End It - Forbes

  4. #1624
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,257

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I asked you a pretty simple question that you ran from, is the over 400,000 taken into SS/Medicare and other Intergovernment holdings in 2000 a future obligation?
    No. SS was designed as a pay-go system that faced a structural demographic decoupling in terms of future liabilities. Hence, the reforms that built persistent surpasses.

    If not then it can be used with no consequences. I am sure that someone of your superior intelligence and book smarts understand the answer to that. Now the question is will you run from the truth?
    Surplus = (revenue-expenditure) > 0

    No amount of redefining terminology diminishes this fact.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  5. #1625
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Do you even care where the money you are forced to contribute to SS goes? Do you not understand that all the money taken into SS and Medicare each year is a future obligation and that when that money is spent on items other than your own SS it is still an obligation owed to you? Where is the money going to come from to fund the money that was spent prior to you being eligible? Light bulb gone off yet?

    Social Security is Much Worse Than a Ponzi Scheme - and Here's How to End It - Forbes
    Anyone that would listen to an investment banker that cheerleaded the use of insurance dollars for purchasing MBS's....is beyond me.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #1626
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Kushinator View Post
    No. SS was designed as a pay-go system that faced a structural demographic decoupling in terms of future liabilities. Hence, the reforms that built persistent surpasses.



    Surplus = (revenue-expenditure) > 0

    No amount of redefining terminology diminishes this fact.
    Social Security is Much Worse Than a Ponzi Scheme - and Here's How to End It - Forbes

    So the answer is as usual you refuse to answer so let me help you. You were coerced into putting money into SS and yes it is a future obligation owed to you that has been spent. Paying more in that going out doesn't change the fact that SS is a future obligation in the amount you contributed with maybe the hope of a little return. Light bulb go off yet?

  7. #1627
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    LOL, constant supply that is dwindling. You really have no idea, do you? Sad, SS was never intended to be paid out when it was established as the retirement age was higher than the life expectancy age. Your money has been spent on someone else, and someone else's money is going to be spent on you. That never was the intent nor is it something that you apparently understand. Light bulb go off yet?
    When any insurance pays money to its benefactors, it comes from current premiums paid. Light bulb go off yet?

  8. #1628
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Anyone that would listen to an investment banker that cheerleaded the use of insurance dollars for purchasing MBS's....is beyond me.
    How anyone can continue to support the liberal ideology is beyond me. What is it about liberalism that creates this kind of loyalty? What exactly in the article is wrong? Your were forced to contribute to SS, your contribution is a future obligation to the Federal govt. thus an expense. Your contribution has been spent on something else and eventually has to be funded. Where does the money come from? Light bulb go off yet or are you too immature to admit you are wrong??

  9. #1629
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    When any insurance pays money to its benefactors, it comes from current premiums paid. Light bulb go off yet?
    What insurance company is SS invested in? Where do the insurance premiums for SS go? You must have one of those new Obama light bulbs

    By the way, insurance companies invest premiums getting a return on those premiums from the profits generated by other companies and entities

  10. #1630
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    All Presidents have used SS funds on budget as created by LBJ in the 60's as part of the unified budget.
    Which means that Reagan did the same thing.


    Reagan was responsible for 1.7 trillion dollars in debt whereas Obama is responsible for over 6.2 trillion in less than 5 years.
    Reagan's % increase is greater and his recession spending was greater while his recession was smaller


    SS is bankrupt,
    Absolutely false
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •