Page 160 of 215 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170210 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 2145

Thread: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

  1. #1591
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So we have a Ponzi Scheme, thanks for playing. the problem is that Ponzi scheme is worse because there are more people retiring than working to pay for those retirees. Your money was spent long, long ago and you aren't concerned about it. Says a lot about liberalism
    Social Security is not a Ponzi scheme and for you to say it is, says a lot about you.

    Ponzi scheme - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  2. #1592
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You prove over and over that you don't understand ponzi's or the SS system or the laws concerning surpluses in regard to past SSTF transfers. You believe that by tossing out the old "ponzi" canard that you make a point, not understanding that you are just doubling down on dumb statements. This is to distract away from your losing argument about surpluses.
    What is it about liberalism that creates this kind of loyalty that you would allow your money forcibly taken from you via contributions to be used for everything other than your own retirement? You buy what the left tells you and never questions it but let a conservative provide you with the facts and you will fight to the end defending the indefensible.

    When the govt. took in over 400 million dollars in 2000 that money was targeted for future retirees. Because it is a future obligation and simply because less when out than came in doesn't make it a surplus. The over 400 million is owed

  3. #1593
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Kushinator View Post
    Attachment 67150904



    Perhaps you should do the same.
    Perhaps you should learn to get on topic. Being over eager to fluff for phony stories lends itself to missing the subject.

  4. #1594
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Social Security is not a Ponzi scheme and for you to say it is, says a lot about you.

    Ponzi scheme - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Aw, yes, another liberal heard from. Your money used to pay someone else's retirement and someone else's income used to pay yours. That isn't a Ponzi Scheme? What is it about liberalism that creates people like you, good people who will fight to the death for the indefensible. Simple question, is your contribution being returned to you when you retire or is it going to come from someone else?

  5. #1595
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You prove over and over that you don't understand ponzi's or the SS system or the laws concerning surpluses in regard to past SSTF transfers. You believe that by tossing out the old "ponzi" canard that you make a point, not understanding that you are just doubling down on dumb statements. This is to distract away from your losing argument about surpluses.
    What exactly do you call it when your SS contribution is used to pay someone else's retirement and the money isn't there for yours unless it comes from someone else? Light bulb go off yet?

  6. #1596
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What exactly do you call it when your SS contribution is used to pay someone else's retirement and the money isn't there for yours unless it comes from someone else? Light bulb go off yet?
    I have explained this to you before and I see that you need it explained again. A ponzi scheme is based upon deceit, whereas, from the beginning, the operation of SS was a completely open. A ponzi scheme primarily funnels funds to the creator, SS is not like that. Further, the canard that "yours won't be there" is patently false, this is a bogus statement made by those who claim to understand surpluses and SS funding but continue to distract and tangent and divert while they work themselves further and further into corners.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #1597
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What exactly do you call it when your SS contribution is used to pay someone else's retirement and the money isn't there for yours unless it comes from someone else?
    Insurance.....

  8. #1598
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I have explained this to you before and I see that you need it explained again. A ponzi scheme is based upon deceit, whereas, from the beginning, the operation of SS was a completely open. A ponzi scheme primarily funnels funds to the creator, SS is not like that. Further, the canard that "yours won't be there" is patently false, this is a bogus statement made by those who claim to understand surpluses and SS funding but continue to distract and tangent and divert while they work themselves further and further into corners.
    Oh, my, you have no idea what you are talking about. That was never the intent of SS and you ought to know that. Why can't you be mature enough to admit that you are wrong and allowed the liberal elites to make a fool out of you? SS was never put on budget until the unified budget was created in the 60's. SS was created long before that. Where is yours going to come from? There are trillions in IOU's, who funds those IOU's? Light bulb go off yet?

  9. #1599
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Insurance.....
    LOL, self funding insurance that comes from where? You just don't get it. Light bulb go off yet?

  10. #1600
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Aw, yes, another liberal heard from. Your money used to pay someone else's retirement and someone else's income used to pay yours.
    Yes, yes....insurance...is "ponzi" scheme.

    Tell us again about your vast business experience.....
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •