Page 16 of 215 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 2145

Thread: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

  1. #151
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    It won't
    Ah well, if tightening the credit supply won't help spur more growth/employment, then I guess the rest of your comment becomes moot.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #152
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,064

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Um, the economy is a heart attack victim still in need of anti-clotting IV drip, not an addict looking for a line.

    I see you are succumbing to poor analogies instead of addressing my point.....how in the world would withdrawing QE improve the job market? Do you honestly believe that tightening the credit market will create more investment?
    do you honestly believe the problem is still liquidity? please.

    we're almost fully transitioned from a national economy to a global one, and we're in the first stages of a post-labor economy. unlike the collapse of the ag labor economy, there is no industry which can pick up the slack for all of the displaced workers. given that our GDP is mostly consumer spending (which is helped by discretionary income,) it's not a surprise that we have been stagnant for years other than bubbles mostly generate by those who have money.

    so yeah, i'd say it's a pretty damned bad idea to just sit around printing money. we need a devalued currency like we need a cancerous mole. QE was never meant to last forever, nor was the zero percent interest rate. it's like when the SS "discount" was finally rescinded and everyone feigned outrage over the tax "increase." it was never meant to be permanent; it was a short-term stimulus.

  3. #153
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Um, the bond vigilantes have been threatening the dreaded interest rate monsters for how many years now.......and yet what happens to those sold US bonds as these (practically non-existent) interest rate increases happen? Why the values decrease.....funny that.



    Amazing how you move goal posts within a sentence!
    Right, in a thread on unemployment there is no place for reporting unemployment numbers

  4. #154
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    do you honestly believe the problem is still liquidity? please.
    Yes, dearest Helix, we are still bumping against a zero bound, that is evident in the lack of real interest rate increases in spite of massive increases in the money supply.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #155
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Ah well, if tightening the credit supply won't help spur more growth/employment, then I guess the rest of your comment becomes moot.
    The rest of my post is the problem which you want to ignore. How does Obamacare, more regulations, higher taxes spur job creation and economic growth? Keep ignoring that Obama is the problem not the solution

  6. #156
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The rest of my post is the problem which you want to ignore. How does Obamacare, more regulations, higher taxes spur job creation and economic growth? Keep ignoring that Obama is the problem not the solution
    I ignore your laundry list since their contributions to limiting job growth is minimal to non-existent....and is off the topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #157
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I ignore your laundry list since their contributions to limiting job growth is minimal to non-existent....and is off the topic.
    LOL, how can anyone take you seriously with a comment like that? You don't believe increasing business costs affects hiring? Wow!

  8. #158
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    LOL, how can anyone take you seriously with a comment like that? You don't believe increasing business costs affects hiring? Wow!
    Not even remotely close to how depressed demand restricts hiring.

    Your priorities are way out of whack.

    Not to mention that the topic still is the effect of lowered QE on employment.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #159
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Not even remotely close to how depressed demand restricts hiring.

    Your priorities are way out of whack.

    Not to mention that the topic still is the effect of lowered QE on employment.
    The topic of this thread is unemployment. Helix laid out a great case which you ignored. QE was to be short term not permanent. Govt. stimulus in a private sector economy generates the results you see today, stagnant economic growth and job creation, higher debt, and greater dependence on the govt which gets its money from the actual taxpayers.

    You operate in a private sector economy yet promote massive govt. which shows really how little you understand about our economy. Higher taxes, forced healthcare, more regulations affect the economy long term and prevent job creation.

  10. #160
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The topic of this thread is unemployment. Helix laid out a great case which you ignored. QE was to be short term not permanent. Govt. stimulus in a private sector economy generates the results you see today, stagnant economic growth and job creation, higher debt, and greater dependence on the govt which gets its money from the actual taxpayers.

    You operate in a private sector economy yet promote massive govt. which shows really how little you understand about our economy. Higher taxes, forced healthcare, more regulations affect the economy long term and prevent job creation.
    Helix posted a quote and a link I doubt either one of you read since the bottom line in the article is that nearly all observers are saying the same thing, now is not the time for pulling back on QE if you are concerned about INCREASING employment.

    When you predicate your argument on the straw man that I or anyone else suggested QE should be or will be "permanent", you just prove what I said previously, you just can't help but to engage in dishonest debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •