Page 147 of 215 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 2145

Thread: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

  1. #1461
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    Nothing extreme about a business offering employment to unskilled workers at a low wage that allows them to develop their skills and the business to make money at the same time. The extreme is braindead, wishful thinking that sound business practices don't matter or don't effect future hiring.
    Minimum wage s low wage. No ones getting rich on it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #1462
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    Nothing extreme about a business offering employment to unskilled workers at a low wage that allows them to develop their skills and the business to make money at the same time. The extreme is braindead, wishful thinking that sound business practices don't matter or don't effect future hiring.
    Minimum wage is in place to prevent what's happening to people in China. Enough people here clearly want it or we wouldn't have it.

  3. #1463
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    See ???

    Your post is a great example of the willful ignorance of Democrats or those who support Obama. Right now, Obama through arbitrary EPA enforcement is hampering jobs growth. All on the false narrative of environmental protection. Tryiing to shut down the coal industry, forcing industry to spend billions to meet new draconian regulations.

    "
    That has asolutely nothing to do with the issue I was addressing.

  4. #1464
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Minimum wage is in place to prevent what's happening to people in China. Enough people here clearly want it or we wouldn't have it.
    Yes, yes it all makes sense now. Minimum wage should be set at a level that employee's want. The adverse consequences be damned, what's important is what people want. LOL.

    As best I can tell, China's economy keeps moving forward and their standard of living keeps on increasing for the vast majority of it's people. Thanks to politican's such as Obama, the same can't be said about America. To put things in a way that may help you understand how Americans have been lied to by the leftists, think about the following. If food stamps were stimulus, being Obama has set huge record levels of food stamp spending and increases in the number of people receiving food stamps, how come the American economy is not booming across the board and the minimum wage idea nothing more than an afterthought?

  5. #1465
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Minimum wage s low wage. No ones getting rich on it.
    No kidding? LOL.

  6. #1466
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    No kidding? LOL.
    Yet, people needing to support themselves and families are working those jobs. Even with minimum wage, they likely can't.

    It's good practice to have some minimal standards. You might want to look at the history of the American worker. You might get a better understanding of how we got here, and what could happen if we go backwards.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #1467
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,253

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yet, people needing to support themselves and families are working those jobs. Even with minimum wage, they likely can't.

    It's good practice to have some minimal standards. You might want to look at the history of the American worker. You might get a better understanding of how we got here, and what could happen if we go backwards.
    So whose responsibility is it for those people that you claim are supporting families on minimum wage? Do they hold any responsibility for their own plight or is it all those evil businesses who you seem to believe are in business to employ people? Is that what you learned in our education system?

    Not sure how we got to this position where it is always someone else's responsibility for personal failures. Our country wasn't built on that principle. Somehow liberals today believe there is an endless pot of cash controlled by the business owner and he should use that cash to employ someone else who has nothing monetarily invested and has no business profit demand. The employee isn't the last person to get paid, doesn't have to pay business taxes nor apply to business regulations, the employee doesn't have to pay back the lending institution for the investment capital for that business.

    When I see people like you posting this bs, I understand how poor our education system really is and how little you understand about it.

  8. #1468
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So whose responsibility is it for those people that you claim are supporting families on minimum wage? Do they hold any responsibility for their own plight or is it all those evil businesses who you seem to believe are in business to employ people? Is that what you learned in our education system?

    Not sure how we got to this position where it is always someone else's responsibility for personal failures. Our country wasn't built on that principle. Somehow liberals today believe there is an endless pot of cash controlled by the business owner and he should use that cash to employ someone else who has nothing monetarily invested and has no business profit demand. The employee isn't the last person to get paid, doesn't have to pay business taxes nor apply to business regulations, the employee doesn't have to pay back the lending institution for the investment capital for that business.

    When I see people like you posting this bs, I understand how poor our education system really is and how little you understand about it.
    Responsibility falls on all sides. But if you run a business, using a low wage is valid for beginning workers. The question is how low. The employer too often has too much of an advantage. History shows this. So some limits on how low helps all of us do the responsible thing.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #1469
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,253

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Responsibility falls on all sides. But if you run a business, using a low wage is valid for beginning workers. The question is how low. The employer too often has too much of an advantage. History shows this. So some limits on how low helps all of us do the responsible thing.
    The responsible thing? Who defines the responsible thing? Do you know what someone else's profit demand is? How about their How about their educational background? What you and others do not seem to understand is the cost of doing business today, the effects of higher taxes(federal, state, local), the cost of regulations, the constant threat of lawsuits and violating the written regulations, but more importantly the cost of starting up a business, hiring, and yes even firing people/

    It isn't the government's place or yours or mine to tell a private business owner what to pay his/her workers. There is far too much jealousy today and concern about what someone else makes or pays in taxes. This country is being destroyed from within with the entitlement mentality that you and others want to promote. No one is entitled to a job, they earn it. No one is entitled to a livable wage, they earn it. No one is entitled to what someone else has earned but liberalism takes it from them. This country is headed in the wrong direction and you are part of the problem.

  10. #1470
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The responsible thing? Who defines the responsible thing? Do you know what someone else's profit demand is? How about their How about their educational background? What you and others do not seem to understand is the cost of doing business today, the effects of higher taxes(federal, state, local), the cost of regulations, the constant threat of lawsuits and violating the written regulations, but more importantly the cost of starting up a business, hiring, and yes even firing people/

    It isn't the government's place or yours or mine to tell a private business owner what to pay his/her workers. There is far too much jealousy today and concern about what someone else makes or pays in taxes. This country is being destroyed from within with the entitlement mentality that you and others want to promote. No one is entitled to a job, they earn it. No one is entitled to a livable wage, they earn it. No one is entitled to what someone else has earned but liberalism takes it from them. This country is headed in the wrong direction and you are part of the problem.
    If responsibility has no agreed upon definition, why use the word?

    And yes, I know about profit and demand. But paying a living wage isn't contrary to that. It's just another lie used to get workers to accept poverty. Again, read some history.

    Btw it isn't the government. If the government ran it, there would be even lower wages. See China. It is people, citizens, workers using government as the tool to effect change. Read history.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •