Page 141 of 215 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 2145

Thread: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

  1. #1401
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You don't seem to get it, but minimum wage encourages companies to pay less than maybe the market would demand, it is economic activity that determines the supply. Minimum wages could serve as maximum wages a company has to pay. Let the market grow, encourage economic activity and the market will drive wages up, it is happening wherever there is growth
    And yet, you just posted how wages have increased in N. Dakota, a state with a minimum wage. How were the wages in Alabama and Mississippi doing in 2011?

  2. #1402
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicAdventurer View Post
    Minimum wage protects the citizens - its a good thing

    thats great that somewhere in North Dakota McDonald's hired a few people for $15 per hour.... what about the rest of the country? Nice try, but some people actually read links
    if protecting them means by keeping many out of the workforce, which of course means young folks can't develop a good working ethic or entry level skills, then yep, that's protection. But for elected Democrats who have them trapped on the Democrat plantation.

  3. #1403
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    08-15-13 @ 01:41 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,034

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    if protecting them means by keeping many out of the workforce, which of course means young folks can't develop a good working ethic or entry level skills, then yep, that's protection. But for elected Democrats who have them trapped on the Democrat plantation.
    How is keeping wages fair keeping people out of the workforce? Do explain....

  4. #1404
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicAdventurer View Post
    How is keeping wages fair keeping people out of the workforce? Do explain....
    What wages are not fair for the skills sought versus the supply of skills in that particular expertise?
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  5. #1405
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicAdventurer View Post
    How is keeping wages fair keeping people out of the workforce? Do explain....
    What I love is liberals trying to define fair. You think the govt. defines fair properly

  6. #1406
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    08-15-13 @ 01:41 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,034

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    What wages are not fair for the skills sought versus the supply of skills in that particular expertise?
    Wages that take advantage of the worker... that's why we have minimum wage... which needs to be increased at this time

  7. #1407
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicAdventurer View Post
    Wages that take advantage of the worker... that's why we have minimum wage... which needs to be increased at this time
    hey, start your own business and pay your employees whatever you want. Stop telling private business what to pay their workers since you have no idea as to what their profit demand is

  8. #1408
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    08-15-13 @ 01:41 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,034

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What I love is liberals trying to define fair. You think the govt. defines fair properly
    Why would you use the term "liberal" in response to my post? If you noticed... it says centrist next to my name. But that's beside the point. Who said anything about trusting the government to define fair properly? I certainly don't believe that. They may do a better job than you would though... just how would you define the word fair?

  9. #1409
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicAdventurer View Post
    Why would you use the term "liberal" in response to my post? If you noticed... it says centrist next to my name. But that's beside the point. Who said anything about trusting the government to define fair properly? I certainly don't believe that. They may do a better job than you would though... just how would you define the word fair?
    So if you are going to support a "fair" wage, isn't it a requirement to define fair?

  10. #1410
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    08-15-13 @ 01:41 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,034

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    hey, start your own business and pay your employees whatever you want. Stop telling private business what to pay their workers since you have no idea as to what their profit demand is
    Minimum wage forces companies not to take advantage of workers out of greed. It also forces them to be creative. Many employers become overwhelmed with greed and simply whine because they don't have full control of what happens in their lives. I say get over it... no one has full control over their lives... no one ever has. Don't try to take it out on others, most specifically, your employees.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •