Page 140 of 215 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 2145

Thread: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

  1. #1391
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    08-15-13 @ 01:41 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,034

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Why then are the businesses in North Dakota paying well above the minimum wage in all categories, not just McDonalds?
    Where is the data link? Where is the evidence of a lack of minimum wage causing this? Your argument needs support with applicable data/evidence.

  2. #1392
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicAdventurer View Post
    Where is the data link? Where is the evidence of a lack of minimum wage causing this? Your argument needs support with applicable data/evidence.
    Do you understand supply and demand? Do you understand that it is businesses responsibility to make a profit and in most it takes employees. No business is going to pay more than required to get employees. The market in North Dakota has greater demand than supply and that demand is being created by economic growth and activity. McDonald's has to pay the prices they are paying as do other businesses to get employees to work for them. Increase activity, increase demand for employees and wages will go up. That is reality.

  3. #1393
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    08-15-13 @ 01:41 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,034

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Do you understand supply and demand? Do you understand that it is businesses responsibility to make a profit and in most it takes employees. No business is going to pay more than required to get employees. The market in North Dakota has greater demand than supply and that demand is being created by economic growth and activity. McDonald's has to pay the prices they are paying as do other businesses to get employees to work for them. Increase activity, increase demand for employees and wages will go up. That is reality.
    Everyone understands that...

    However you still haven't provided the evidence mentioned before

    If businesses are forced to pay a minimum wage... they will and always have found ways to make profit despite the minimum wage - its a protection for citizens.. its a very simple concept

  4. #1394
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicAdventurer View Post
    Where is the data link? Where is the evidence of a lack of minimum wage causing this? Your argument needs support with applicable data/evidence.
    Here is an article that might help you understand a little bit about supply, demand, and economic activity

    Wages increasing in North Dakota

  5. #1395
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicAdventurer View Post
    Everyone understands that...

    However you still haven't provided the evidence mentioned before

    If businesses are forced to pay a minimum wage... they will and always have found ways to make profit despite the minimum wage - its a protection for citizens.. its a very simple concept
    You don't seem to get it, but minimum wage encourages companies to pay less than maybe the market would demand, it is economic activity that determines the supply. Minimum wages could serve as maximum wages a company has to pay. Let the market grow, encourage economic activity and the market will drive wages up, it is happening wherever there is growth

  6. #1396
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    08-15-13 @ 01:41 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,034

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You don't seem to get it, but minimum wage encourages companies to pay less than maybe the market would demand, it is economic activity that determines the supply. Minimum wages could serve as maximum wages a company has to pay. Let the market grow, encourage economic activity and the market will drive wages up, it is happening wherever there is growth
    I see you still have neglected to provide the evidence.... I'm starting to feel like you simply found a obscure quote somewhere and tried to sell it as evidence... prove me wrong please...

    Minimum wage is actually a maximum wage?! ROFL. I am familiar with job markets... many people make over minimum wage in the area I live, simply because of supply and demand. A minimum wage does not become a maximum wage. As stated before, it is actually a safety to protect against unethical payment for services. You have to understand that by now.

  7. #1397
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicAdventurer View Post
    I see you still have neglected to provide the evidence.... I'm starting to feel like you simply found a obscure quote somewhere and tried to sell it as evidence... prove me wrong please...

    Minimum wage is actually a maximum wage?! ROFL. I am familiar with job markets... many people make over minimum wage in the area I live, simply because of supply and demand. A minimum wage does not become a maximum wage. As stated before, it is actually a safety to protect against unethical payment for services. You have to understand that by now.
    Sorry but my experience says differently. Spent 35 years in the business world and employed thousands. I never paid minimum wage because the market wouldn't allow it and that is the point. Now we have more people seeking fewer jobs and thus workers are being paid minimum wages because that is what they are required to pay. States with pro growth economic policies have private business forced to pay higher wages.

    The answer to wage increases is not setting a minimum wage but establishing pro growth economic policies that generate demand. A minimum wage sets the bar which may be too low. The market will decide.

    By the way, not sure what evidence you want since North Dakota obviously doesn't meet your standards.

  8. #1398
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Nice diversion and distortion of reality. I gave you studies one from a Heart Surgeon Study along with another of a more general in nature showing that Doctors are ordering more tests tp prevent law suits and still you defend the indefensible. I don't even believe you know what you said.
    Only 25%. That's what your article reported. No distortion. That's what it reported. Therefore, 75% do it for other reasons. Thanks for the support.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #1399
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The ultimate responsibility for what we have is us, just like the ultimate responsibility for personal responsibility issues is ours as well.
    Read what I wrote again. Compare it and your answer here to what I originally responded to. Then go

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #1400
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Well, that depends on who is paying for the marketing, the suppliers, or the demanders.
    It all situations, we are.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •