Page 14 of 215 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 2145

Thread: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

  1. #131
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    LOL.....like I said....if Obama had an (R) behind his name you would be calling him the best thing since sliced bread. Only in your world is hemmorraghing jobs better than job gains. You are so transparent.
    Your opinion noted but what is also noted is how you totally ignore the actual numbers and data posted.

  2. #132
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    LOL.....like I said....if Obama had an (R) behind his name you would be calling him the best thing since sliced bread....
    And you'd be whining that a million people gave up and stopped looking for work and complaining that he's destroying this country.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  3. #133
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    . This report 4 years after the end of the recession is NOT a good one and only shows the partisanship in the country today.
    #1 Most Ironic Comment Of The Day award goes to....Conservative.

    Well done!

    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #134
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    f
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Amazing how you seem to know what I would be saying today. This report 4 years after the end of the recession is NOT a good one and only shows the partisanship in the country today. You simply have no concept of reality. Fact I told you that the Obama economic policy was a disaster and you ignored it. Businesses are not hiring and Obama is doing nothing to encourage hiring. Until he is out of office this economy is going to flounder. Explain to us all how having a 14.3% unemployment rate is good economic news? Tell me how implementing policies that businesses are against is good economic policy?

    I know I can count on you never admitting that you are wrong in your support for Obama which shows that you never ran any business at all
    Businesses are doing fine, have you seen the DOW of late? The Great Bush Recession made many employers learn to get the job done with less people, so they are reluctant to hire people back. Couple that with the fact that the U.S. used to manufacture finished goods for the rest of the world, now we buy them from those other countries. Our balance of trade is negative. We used to be the biggest creditor nation in the world now we are one of the biggest debtor nation. Our country faces challenges no matter who is POTUS.

  5. #135
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    f

    Businesses are doing fine, have you seen the DOW of late? The Great Bush Recession made many employers learn to get the job done with less people, so they are reluctant to hire people back. Couple that with the fact that the U.S. used to manufacture finished goods for the rest of the world, now we buy them from those other countries. Our balance of trade is negative. We used to be the biggest creditor nation in the world now we are one of the biggest debtor nation. Our country faces challenges no matter who is POTUS.
    Again, another indication that you have no idea as to why businesses are doing fine. No concept of a business financial statement at all. I find it quite telling how low the expectations are of Obama supporters and the actual results certainly meet those low expectations. We are 4 years after the end of that recession and still there are 2 million fewer people working today than when the recession began and a labor force that has grown 1.5 million in 4 plus years.

    You don't seem to understand the private sector at all and somehow believe that programs like Obamacare, massive govt. spending, demonizing individual wealth creation, higher taxes are pro growth economic policies and will create jobs. It really is a shame that we have so many like you who don't understand our economy.

  6. #136
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Your opinion noted but what is also noted is how you totally ignore the actual numbers and data posted.
    I don't ignore the numbers at all. I just don't pick them like a cafeteria like you do conservative. Anyone with half a brain can look at the economy today and what it was when GWB was in office and see that we are going better. While I would like to see us doing a LOT better than we are, I will take an improvement. The economy under your hero was headed for a depression. Have you forgotten the hundreds of thousands of jobs that this country was hemmoraghing every month? Or are you cafeteria selecting those memories as well?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  7. #137
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I don't ignore the numbers at all. I just don't pick them like a cafeteria like you do conservative. Anyone with half a brain can look at the economy today and what it was when GWB was in office and see that we are going better. While I would like to see us doing a LOT better than we are, I will take an improvement. The economy under your hero was headed for a depression. Have you forgotten the hundreds of thousands of jobs that this country was hemmoraghing every month? Or are you cafeteria selecting those memories as well?
    Yes, you are right, Bush was the devil and totally destroyed the economy all by himself without any help from the Democrat controlled Congress. That Bush economy was so bad that the GDP Grew from 9.9 trillion to 14.4 trillion and 10 million people were added to the labor force and through December 2007 146 million Americans were working. Yes that is cafeteria style reporting.

    Your opinion is noted as you buy what you were told. Amazing isn't it that in June 2009 that economy going into depression came out of recession. What economic policies did Obama implement that were in effect in June 2009 that brought us out of recession?

    There were over 1 million discouraged workers in June 2013 so please tell me when that devil GW Bush ever had a million discouraged workers? Tell me how 14.3% unemployment four years after the end of the recession is a good economic number? Tell us all how 1.8% GDP growth in the first quarter 2013 is good economic numbers? you have a very selective view of the economy and such low expectations. Wonder why?

    Do you think that discouraged workers of over a million is hemmoraghing or are you like all liberals if it isn't counted they don't exist?

  8. #138
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I don't ignore the numbers at all. I just don't pick them like a cafeteria like you do conservative. Anyone with half a brain can look at the economy today and what it was when GWB was in office and see that we are going better. While I would like to see us doing a LOT better than we are, I will take an improvement. The economy under your hero was headed for a depression. Have you forgotten the hundreds of thousands of jobs that this country was hemmoraghing every month? Or are you cafeteria selecting those memories as well?
    That old excuse?

    What the heck do yesterday's numbers have to do with 5 years ago? Or even two years ago.

    The numbers describe the present employment situation in America.

    Do you not have the emotional capacity to look at the numbers and make a judgement based only on recent figures?

    If you don't, please let us know now so I can just assume that you are not capable of a frank discussion on the present employment situation in America.


    Now...in your opinion, is this a good jobs reports?

    Yes or no?

  9. #139
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I don't ignore the numbers at all. I just don't pick them like a cafeteria like you do conservative. Anyone with half a brain can look at the economy today and what it was when GWB was in office and see that we are going better. While I would like to see us doing a LOT better than we are, I will take an improvement. The economy under your hero was headed for a depression. Have you forgotten the hundreds of thousands of jobs that this country was hemmoraghing every month? Or are you cafeteria selecting those memories as well?
    How about an honest answer for a change. If you knew then that we would have 2 million fewer people employed, 1.8% GDP growth, over 6 trillion added to the debt, 14.3% unemployment, a stagnant labor force four years after then end of the recession would you still believe Obama met your standards or do you have such low standards?

  10. #140
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    That old excuse?

    What the heck do yesterday's numbers have to do with 5 years ago? Or even two years ago.

    The numbers describe the present employment situation in America.

    Do you not have the emotional capacity to look at the numbers and make a judgement based only on recent figures?

    If you don't, please let us know now so I can just assume that you are not capable of a frank discussion on the present employment situation in America.


    Now...in your opinion, is this a good jobs reports?

    Yes or no?
    It is funny, you want to remove the context of the situation, while Con liked your comment yet wants to compare today with where we were prior to 2007!

    I wish you guys could get on the same page.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •