Page 139 of 215 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 2145

Thread: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

  1. #1381
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    What you have is a misunderstanding of how that happened (and from nearly the beginning of this nation) and the responsibility all of us share. It's is false to blame the government, as if it were separate from us.
    The ultimate responsibility for what we have is us, just like the ultimate responsibility for personal responsibility issues is ours as well.

  2. #1382
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Actually, they've been doing it better than us.
    Well, that depends on who is paying for the marketing, the suppliers, or the demanders.

  3. #1383
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    08-15-13 @ 01:41 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,034

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    not a horrible month. i agree that the money printing should stop.
    Anyone think they should increase minimum wage as a function of how much new money is spewn into the system?

  4. #1384
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicAdventurer View Post
    Anyone think they should increase minimum wage as a function of how much new money is spewn into the system?
    Govt. has no business telling private business what to pay their employees, let the market decide as it should. there is a reason that McDonald Employees $15 an hour as that what the market demands.

    http://www.godlikeproductions.com/fo...age1729259/pg1

  5. #1385
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicAdventurer View Post
    Anyone think they should increase minimum wage as a function of how much new money is spewn into the system?
    Govt. has no business telling private business what to pay their employees, let the market decide as it should. there is a reason that McDonald Employees $15 an hour as that what the market demands.

    http://www.godlikeproductions.com/fo...age1729259/pg1

  6. #1386
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    08-15-13 @ 01:41 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,034

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Govt. has no business telling private business what to pay their employees, let the market decide as it should. there is a reason that McDonald Employees $15 an hour as that what the market demands.

    McDonald's pays $15 an hour! STARTING WAGE AND HIGHER!
    Minimum wage protects the citizens - its a good thing

    thats great that somewhere in North Dakota McDonald's hired a few people for $15 per hour.... what about the rest of the country? Nice try, but some people actually read links

  7. #1387
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    08-15-13 @ 01:41 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,034

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Govt. has no business telling private business what to pay their employees, let the market decide as it should. there is a reason that McDonald Employees $15 an hour as that what the market demands.

    McDonald's pays $15 an hour! STARTING WAGE AND HIGHER!
    Minimum wage protects the citizens - its a good thing

    thats great that somewhere in North Dakota McDonald's hired a few people for $15 per hour.... what about the rest of the country? Nice try, but some people actually read links

  8. #1388
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicAdventurer View Post
    Minimum wage protects the citizens - its a good thing

    thats great that somewhere in North Dakota McDonald's hired a few people for $15 per hour.... what about the rest of the country? Nice try, but some people actually read links
    What North Dakoka shows is that strong economic growth works and affects wages positively. Instead of looking to the govt. for help actually stunts economic growth

  9. #1389
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    08-15-13 @ 01:41 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,034

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What North Dakoka shows is that strong economic growth works and affects wages positively. Instead of looking to the govt. for help actually stunts economic growth
    This alone doesn't show that at all. You need more than a statement about a few people making $15 an hour in North Dakota at a McDonald's to support your argument.

  10. #1390
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicAdventurer View Post
    This alone doesn't show that at all. You need more than a statement about a few people making $15 an hour in North Dakota at a McDonald's to support your argument.
    Why then are the businesses in North Dakota paying well above the minimum wage in all categories, not just McDonalds?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •