Page 137 of 215 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 2145

Thread: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

  1. #1361
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,273

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    upsideguy;1062065562]Nice regurgitation of the Con mantra. You have done Rupert Murdoch proud. And what studies have you seen that support such a contention (link please)? None... I thought so. I'm not going to let you make unsupported statements and that is one.
    What studies? The studies of real life business and an honest look at reality. What do you do when you have more money in your paycheck and how does that affect the economy?

    The budgets were nicely balanced to running modest deficits before the tax cuts (contrary to your contention, we were not outspending income by 1/2 Trillion before tax cuts) However, after tax cuts, somehow we thought it advisable to THEN step up spending, starting a war and running two occupations and expanding Medicare Part D. Perhaps the evidence suggests cutting taxes leads to increased spending?
    Sorry, but the growth in spending caused the deficits to explode not tax cuts so if you have a problem keeping more of what you earn then do liberals proud and send it back. Just send the govt. a check and write on that check donation to the deficit.

    Amazing, isn't it, that GW Bush generated a 4.9 trillion dollar debt over 8 years, one trillion of it due to 9/11 and the world ended. The war in Iraq is over, Democrats controlled the congress and could have repealed Medicare Part D, defunded the War in Afghanistan but didn't but what they did do was increase the Bush budgets by over 500 billion dollars a year and implement policies that led to slow economic growth and stagnant job creation.

    The data supports my statements but your lack of knowledge of how the govt. works seems to be the issue here. Responsibility for poor choices only appears to apply to Republicans. Maybe you, like Kush, believes that debt doesn't matter and interest expenses on the budget is just a place holder. What economic policies has Obama implemented to spur private sector growth and a reduction in the deficit?

  2. #1362
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Ok, you guys are so far over my head that it makes me dizzy....But I can offer a lay person's perspective if you wish..

    All I know is that I watch the news, and see all of this 'quantitative easing' (ie. printing more money) and from what I remember from learning about our system once that money is out there, it has to be clawed back in at some point, no? And that the way that is done for the most part, is through inflation. But, the amounts of money that have been pumped into the economy would do great damage to the fragile economy reeling in back to stabilize anything...

    I as an average blue collar, middle class guy, already see nearly 50% of my labor redirected in one fashion or another toward government, be it local, state, federal, income, sales, gas, electric, water, and other fees, taxes, etc...I am sick of it! I PAY ENOUGH DAMN IT! And I am sick and tired of those that want to tell me that because I scratched, and clawed to make it to where I am at today, that it's 'unfair' that I have more than others that either aren't willing, or aren't able to better themselves without my money. I have a hard enough time, and I am being lied to by one side or the other consistently each day.

    I swear, I think we should just kick every one of these myopic MF'ers out of office and put in regular guys like me, hell we couldn't do any worse.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #1363
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I would argue that you lack basic logic and common sense as well. Doctors order tests for fear of being sued and if you believe a govt. run program is going to be any better you really are very nave.
    Thats not true. Not even remotely true.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #1364
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,273

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Thats not true. Not even remotely true.
    Your opinion noted but it is your opinion.

    http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/...tm?csp=usat.me

    http://www.thehappymd.com/blog/bid/2...D-Survey-Shows
    Last edited by Conservative; 07-16-13 at 09:18 PM.

  5. #1365
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    So let's see. Democrats passed a unilateral program that is so convoluted and daunting the President of the United States has decided to delay parts of it for a year. At the same time, this unilateral take over of 1/6th of the nations economy was passed with components like the "doctor fix" left out to make it look less expensive. And of course, let's not forget this program is going to exacerbate the problem of lack of medical professionals to provide care to the millions of new patients. Finally, the only thing you have presented in reference to Doctor compensation is your brother, while I have presented multiple articles detailing the seriousness of the problem.

    I'm sorry, but I have not seen anything in your argument what would compell me to think differently about Obamacare. However, it is the law of the land, and all of us will be forced to swallow whatever comes down the road.
    I didn't say it was a perfect plan. They had a much better one on the table before republicans and the tea party went stupid. I know neither wants to own their role, but the truth is still the truth. But despite this, it's still a step in the right direction. But we should not stop here.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #1366
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    One thing that feeds the skeptic. Who is in charge, and words and phrases like "reform initiatives are intended" and "viewed as a process".

    In spite of decades of examples from other countries around the globe, we think we are so good, we can do it better. So far, all "we" are seeing is "intended" and "it's a process".

    With the governments track record, "intended" and "process" will likely be operative words for decades to come.
    Actually, they've been doing it better than us.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #1367
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I didn't say it was a perfect plan. They had a much better one on the table before republicans and the tea party went stupid. I know neither wants to own their role, but the truth is still the truth. But despite this, it's still a step in the right direction. But we should not stop here.
    It was Dems that need to be brought on board...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  8. #1368
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    That's 25%. Not 50 nor 75.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #1369
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    It was Dems that need to be brought on board...
    For what? Republicans never really even address it. Not really. But they've done a good job of seeing next to no reform takes place.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #1370
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    For what? Republicans never really even address it. Not really. But they've done a good job of seeing next to no reform takes place.
    Dems had control, which is how it got through in the first place, but some wouldn't go along with the House version, so we go this monstrosity...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •