Page 131 of 215 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 2145

Thread: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

  1. #1301
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Private citizens buy houses and create debt.
    Individual wealth creation really bothers you, doesn't? Looks like jealousy to me. How does my buying a home affect govt. debt?

  2. #1302
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Forbes' article isn't much help but if. We accept the unlikely claim of a total of 16 %, you're looking a an annual income for my brother of more than 250k. He'll live.

    From your second article:

    . . . this horse-trading method provides an opportunity for hospitals to earn windfall profits: If the hospital gets $2,000 for MRIs, it will start encouraging patients to get more MRIs.

    The Obamacare Revolt: Physicians Fight Back Against the Bureaucratization of Health Care - Reason.com

    Now this:


    With more demand – the tens of millions of individuals expected to become covered by Medicaid or other health insurance coverage as implementation of PPACA continues – must come additional supply. The expansion of the health insurance marketplace as a result of PPACA, in addition to a number of incentives contained in PPACA for primary care providers, has prompted the establishment of new medical schools. These new medical schools, like Quinnipiac University’s Frank H. Netter, M.D. School of Medicine and the University of California-Riverside School of Medicine, are modifying the traditional medical school model to emphasize primary care as a career path.

    Read More PPACA Prompts Demand for New Medical Schools, Increase in Primary Care Physicians — Healthcare Reform Digest


    Have to leave now, but I will be back later, and will provide you with more.
    Ok, well then you will get this when you get back.

    I can appreciate your wanting to use your "brother" as an example of the whole, but I am going to look at the information available.

    It seems to me, the "making of a doctor" is not an overnight process. My understanding is it takes many years of medical school, internship, etc. in order to be allowed to practice medicine in the United States. I'm guessing qualified Doctors should have entered medical school about the time Bush was elected to his second term in order to be qualified to practice on any of the new patients Obamacare will be covering in the near future.

  3. #1303
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Individual wealth creation really bothers you, doesn't?
    No quite the opposite actually.

    Looks like jealousy to me. How does my buying a home affect govt. debt?

    The savings and loan crisis of the 1980s and 1990s (commonly dubbed the S&L crisis) was the failure of about 747 out of the 3,234 savings and loan associations in the United States. A savings and loan or "thrift" is a financial institution that accepts savings deposits and makes mortgage, car and other personal loans to individual members—a cooperative venture known in the United Kingdom as a Building Society. In 1995, the RTC had closed 747 failed institutions, worth a book value of $402 billion, with an estimated cost of $160 billion.[1] In 1996, the General Accounting Office estimated the total cost to be $370 billion, including $341 billion taken from taxpayers.[2]
    Savings and loan crisis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Also the recent assets bubble pop (The Great Bush Recession) that was more expensive.

  4. #1304
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    No quite the opposite actually.




    The savings and loan crisis of the 1980s and 1990s (commonly dubbed the S&L crisis) was the failure of about 747 out of the 3,234 savings and loan associations in the United States. A savings and loan or "thrift" is a financial institution that accepts savings deposits and makes mortgage, car and other personal loans to individual members—a cooperative venture known in the United Kingdom as a Building Society. In 1995, the RTC had closed 747 failed institutions, worth a book value of $402 billion, with an estimated cost of $160 billion.[1] In 1996, the General Accounting Office estimated the total cost to be $370 billion, including $341 billion taken from taxpayers.[2]
    Savings and loan crisis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Also the recent assets bubble pop (The Great Bush Recession) that was more expensive.
    So what does any of that have to do with your lies about the Clinton surplus that the Treasury Dept. doesn't show? And I "how does my buying a home affect govt. debt?"

    Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)

  5. #1305
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So what does any of that have to do with your lies about the Clinton surplus that the Treasury Dept. doesn't show? And I "how does my buying a home affect govt. debt?"

    Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)

    There is no lie in Clinton having a BUDGET surplus.

  6. #1306
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    There is no lie in Clinton having a BUDGET surplus.
    What is it about Obama's record that leads people like you to divert back to the past? The Treasury is the keeper of the data and we pay debt service on that data so suggest if you have a problem with the numbers take it up to them and get a refund for the taxpayers. Looks to me like about 1.5 trillion added to the debt during the Clinton term, 4.18 trillion to 5.72 trillion.

  7. #1307
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,220

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    No quite the opposite actually.





    The savings and loan crisis of the 1980s and 1990s (commonly dubbed the S&L crisis) was the failure of about 747 out of the 3,234 savings and loan associations in the United States. A savings and loan or "thrift" is a financial institution that accepts savings deposits and makes mortgage, car and other personal loans to individual members—a cooperative venture known in the United Kingdom as a Building Society. In 1995, the RTC had closed 747 failed institutions, worth a book value of $402 billion, with an estimated cost of $160 billion.[1] In 1996, the General Accounting Office estimated the total cost to be $370 billion, including $341 billion taken from taxpayers.[2]
    Savings and loan crisis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Also the recent assets bubble pop (The Great Bush Recession) that was more expensive.
    How on earth can people be so misinformed ?

    And you have a " Website" and everything. You blame the one person who for the entire length of his Presidency actually tried to get a handle on the Massive and Corrupt Fannie and Freddie.

    Who by 2008 held over 5 TRILLION in junk mortgages or junk mortgages backed by toxic Mortgage Backed Securities.

    Its more evidence of my hypothesis, that Liberals use their twisted ideology to define the truth, not the other way around.

    Clinton, through a long list of Executive Orders in his 1995 National Homeowners Strategy basically built the market by one, lowering Capital Resuirements on loans purchased by the GSEs from 10 to 3% and change how banks complied with CRA regulations forcing them to make loans to people at or below 80% of the mean income level for the Community they served.

    Janet Reno threatening banks and the 1994 Riegle Neal Act that tied a banks CRA score to their abillity to grow and acquire new proeperties.

    Plus he appointed his Democrat criminal buddies to run Fannie and Freddie. Franklin Raines ? Ring a bell ?

    Hell if people like you have a Website, maybe I should start one. I at least know what I'm talking about.

  8. #1308
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What is it about Obama's record that leads people like you to divert back to the past?
    Because history is there and one can learn something from it.

    The Treasury is the keeper of the data and we pay debt service on that data so suggest if you have a problem with the numbers take it up to them and get a refund for the taxpayers. Looks to me like about 1.5 trillion added to the debt during the Clinton term, 4.18 trillion to 5.72 trillion.
    So? It still doesn't mean Clinton didn't have a budget surplus Even after ten years previously of deficit spending.

  9. #1309
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    How on earth can people be so misinformed ?

    And you have a " Website" and everything. You blame the one person who for the entire length of his Presidency actually tried to get a handle on the Massive and Corrupt Fannie and Freddie.

    Who by 2008 held over 5 TRILLION in junk mortgages or junk mortgages backed by toxic Mortgage Backed Securities.

    Its more evidence of my hypothesis, that Liberals use their twisted ideology to define the truth, not the other way around.

    Clinton, through a long list of Executive Orders in his 1995 National Homeowners Strategy basically built the market by one, lowering Capital Resuirements on loans purchased by the GSEs from 10 to 3% and change how banks complied with CRA regulations forcing them to make loans to people at or below 80% of the mean income level for the Community they served.

    Janet Reno threatening banks and the 1994 Riegle Neal Act that tied a banks CRA score to their abillity to grow and acquire new proeperties.

    Plus he appointed his Democrat criminal buddies to run Fannie and Freddie. Franklin Raines ? Ring a bell ?

    Hell if people like you have a Website, maybe I should start one. I at least know what I'm talking about.

    What does 2008 have to do with the 90's bust? Nada.

  10. #1310
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Because history is there and one can learn something from it.



    So? It still doesn't mean Clinton didn't have a budget surplus Even after ten years previously of deficit spending.
    If Clinton had a budget surplus then you shouldn't have any trouble showing it on the site I gave you, The U.S. Treasury. You think any other site is relevant?

    Like far too many you buy what you are told but really have no idea what you are talking about. Debt service is paid on the U.S. National Debt which is made up of total deficits between Public Debt and Intergovt. holdings. Easy to forget Intergovt. holdings, isn't it? Obligations for the future have no place in the liberal live for today world.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •