Page 130 of 215 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 2145

Thread: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

  1. #1291
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, I'm quite well informed on it.

    1. The law does have the encouragements I mentioned.

    2. The compensation is quite high. Doctors will not be going broke. We can link numbers on tis if you want. My brother in law says his practice will likely see a decrease from 300k to 295k, give or take. He'd like it go he other way, but calling that a hardship is a bit of an exaggeration.

    But we can't have it all ways. To decrease the expense, means we have to pay less. Now to do that and increase access is difficult. Making everyone happy impossible. So, we need to focus on the problem and at accordingly. UHC addresses this, doesn't break doctors, removes healthcare from business, and lowers cost with increased access.

    And your experience shows something different that what I said, I would love to see anY support for it all. People without disposable income spenng money seems very unlikely and sure to be a problem if you ask me.

    Your information regarding Doctor compensation under Obamacare is not supported by many different sources on the subject:

    Doctors Will Have To Take A Pay Cut Under Obamacare - Forbes

    The Obamacare Revolt: Physicians Fight Back Against the Bureaucratization of Health Care - Reason.com


    Thanks To Obamacare, A 20,000 Doctor Shortage Is Set To Quintuple - Forbes


    Again, as to demand, you're making generalizations not supported by facts.

  2. #1292
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You can't cut taxes enough. It helps the wealthy more, but their spending isn't decreased or increased based on taxes (remember I've give you studies on that many times). And working class and poorer families just don't get enough from cuts o stimulate.

    If you more toward UHC, removed it from employment, if with increased taxes, you'd do more to put money in their hands than cutting taxes.

    I've. Presented evidence and not merely repeated the talking points and rants as you do. To rebut, you need to do the same.
    How do you know how it affects the wealthy and why do you care? You cannot have it both ways saying that taxes don't affect the wealthy and then say it helps the wealthy more. How does giving more money to the govt. help?

    Do you realize that universal healthcare is a typical liberal program that looks great on paper but when you bring the human element into it, it ends up looking like all Federal programs, bloated with massive debt.

    You have presented no evidence at all because ACA has not been implemented and the govt. is having a problem with it now or they wouldn't have pushed implementation back. You are a textbook liberal who doesn't understand human nature at all. The only evidence out there is in MA and you will find mixed results with access but higher costs and a doctor shortage. Try implementing that for over 300 million Americans?

    We are in a mess today because of liberal social engineering which is all ACA is and yet people like you, with good hearts, simply lack the logic and common sense to see what you are doing.

    As I posted in the previous post, you simply have no plan for failure because it is beyond your ability to comprehend that you could even fail.

  3. #1293
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Boo, what happens if you are wrong? Are there any consequences in your world for making a bad mistake that affects 1/7 of the U.S. Economy? Have you bothered to dig into the MA results? Costs are up and the number of doctors are down. There certainly is total access but access to whom?
    Little worse can happen if I'm wrong than we have now. But we have plenty of evidence that I'm not.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #1294
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Little worse can happen if I'm wrong than we have now. But we have plenty of evidence that I'm not.
    Wrong, if you are wrong it can only get much worse. How do you add more people to the insurance roles, have lower costs, and fewer doctors. There will still be millions uninsured, fewer doctors, and higher costs. That is the history of universal healthcare

  5. #1295
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    How do you know how it affects the wealthy and why do you care? You cannot have it both ways saying that taxes don't affect the wealthy and then say it helps the wealthy more. How does giving more money to the govt. help?
    Government is more interested in putting money into the economy vs the private sector that is more interested in accumulating (hoarding) money.

  6. #1296
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Government is more interested in putting money into the economy vs the private sector that is more interested in accumulating (hoarding) money.
    Govt money going into the economy has generated about 250 billion dollars in debt service. How many people could that 250 billion actually help? The govt. doesn't invest in the economy, the govt. spends money and creates debt. What is wrong with people like you?

  7. #1297
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Your information regarding Doctor compensation under Obamacare is not supported by many different sources on the subject:

    Doctors Will Have To Take A Pay Cut Under Obamacare - Forbes

    The Obamacare Revolt: Physicians Fight Back Against the Bureaucratization of Health Care - Reason.com


    Thanks To Obamacare, A 20,000 Doctor Shortage Is Set To Quintuple - Forbes


    Again, as to demand, you're making generalizations not supported by facts.
    Forbes' article isn't much help but if. We accept the unlikely claim of a total of 16 %, you're looking a an annual income for my brother of more than 250k. He'll live.

    From your second article:

    . . . this horse-trading method provides an opportunity for hospitals to earn windfall profits: If the hospital gets $2,000 for MRIs, it will start encouraging patients to get more MRIs.

    The Obamacare Revolt: Physicians Fight Back Against the Bureaucratization of Health Care - Reason.com

    Now this:


    With more demand – the tens of millions of individuals expected to become covered by Medicaid or other health insurance coverage as implementation of PPACA continues – must come additional supply. The expansion of the health insurance marketplace as a result of PPACA, in addition to a number of incentives contained in PPACA for primary care providers, has prompted the establishment of new medical schools. These new medical schools, like Quinnipiac University’s Frank H. Netter, M.D. School of Medicine and the University of California-Riverside School of Medicine, are modifying the traditional medical school model to emphasize primary care as a career path.

    Read More PPACA Prompts Demand for New Medical Schools, Increase in Primary Care Physicians — Healthcare Reform Digest


    Have to leave now, but I will be back later, and will provide you with more.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #1298
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Wrong, if you are wrong it can only get much worse. How do you add more people to the insurance roles, have lower costs, and fewer doctors. There will still be millions uninsured, fewer doctors, and higher costs. That is the history of universal healthcare
    I don't see it. We have he most expensive health care in the world, of less access.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #1299
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Govt money going into the economy has generated about 250 billion dollars in debt service. How many people could that 250 billion actually help? The govt. doesn't invest in the economy, the govt. spends money and creates debt. What is wrong with people like you?
    Private citizens buy houses and create debt.

  10. #1300
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I don't see it. We have he most expensive health care in the world, of less access.
    Of course you don't see how inefficient your govt. is nor do you understand human behavior at all. Give people something they believe is free and there is no incentive to lower costs thus what you get with ACA is higher costs, massive debt, and fewer doctors.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •