Page 115 of 215 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 2145

Thread: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

  1. #1141
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What stimulates demand in a private sector economy? Figure that out then you will have answers to a lot of your questions. Do you have any idea where the Federal Govt. gets their money?

    Reagan's stimulus was tax cuts over three years that were permanent and allowed businesses and individuals to plan. Reagan rebuilt our military and our national reputation. All this generated 17 million jobs thus new taxpayers, doubled GDP and grew federal income tax revenue. That is a pretty good return on that investment generated by quality leadership.
    I know! lets do half of the relative amount of spending by Reagan, I will accept a 25% increase in fed spending devoted to businesses. Let's buy some dams, lets buy some bridges, some highways, some fiber lines.....ANYTHING.

    By the way, you will never see Obama implement tax cuts to taxpayers nor will you ever see him promote the private sector so your point is moot.
    He did both in the ARRA, WTF is wrong with you?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #1142
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You still won't support your original claim that reg and taxes are holding back business from hiring......and now you want to go back to arguing about the ARRA from the standpoint of "one of four GDP components".

    The ARRA stimulated primarily from 3 aspects, direct benefits (UI and SNAP), via tax reduction and via local govt job retention....and there was even more than that.......but it was tiny compared to levels of increased spending by Reagan.
    Answer Post 1124. Are you really this poor of a business person that would risk your money in this Obama economy?

  3. #1143
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I know! lets do half of the relative amount of spending by Reagan, I will accept a 25% increase in fed spending devoted to businesses. Let's buy some dams, lets buy some bridges, some highways, some fiber lines.....ANYTHING.

    He did both in the ARRA, WTF is wrong with you?
    You mean that govt. spending called tax cuts? You mean that expense to the govt where taxpayers kept more of what they earned which liberals call an expense. Yes, rebate checks that when spent were gone is a tax cut to a big govt. liberal. Again, are you sending thank you notes to Bush because you keep more of what you earn or are you really a pawn for the federal govt?

  4. #1144
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Answer Post 1124.
    WTF? You won't answer the post you responded to, instead you direct me to answer some other poster's comment.......which I already did 4 posts later?

    FFS Con, you avoid my post.....and ignore the fact that I did counter someones elses post.

    Hint: Worry about the challenges facing you, not others.....answer my POST.


    Are you really this poor of a business person that would risk your money in this Obama economy?
    Millions are.

    Get off the pointless rhetoric, the diversions to other posters, the ignoring of supporting your own claims.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #1145
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You mean that govt. spending called tax cuts? You mean that expense to the govt where taxpayers kept more of what they earned which liberals call an expense. Yes, rebate checks that when spent were gone is a tax cut to a big govt. liberal. Again, are you sending thank you notes to Bush because you keep more of what you earn or are you really a pawn for the federal govt?
    You can twist yourself into whatever you want, the fact is that the ARRA contained both tax cuts and direct spending to private businesses.

    All you have is a forgetting of what was in the ARRA and stupid rhetoric.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #1146
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Answer Post 1124. Are you really this poor of a business person that would risk your money in this Obama economy?
    With the stock market hitting record highs?

  7. #1147
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    With the stock market hitting record highs?
    The Fed is hitting record high because of one major reason - the Fed.

    The minute they even threaten to take the punch bowl away - the markets will plummet.


    And who exactly benefits from this record?

    Unemployment is still over 7.5% and the GDP last 1/4 was only 1.8% - so not the economy as a whole, clearly.

    I'll tell you who - the rich...the ones that own most of the stocks.

    The poor own almost none. And the middle class own little themselves.

    Yet the rich are getting richer off this stock market boom.

  8. #1148
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    WTF? You won't answer the post you responded to, instead you direct me to answer some other poster's comment.......which I already did 4 posts later?

    FFS Con, you avoid my post.....and ignore the fact that I did counter someones elses post.

    Hint: Worry about the challenges facing you, not others.....answer my POST.


    Millions are.

    Get off the pointless rhetoric, the diversions to other posters, the ignoring of supporting your own claims.
    Yes, I forgot the new liberal normal, high unemployment, low economic growth and massive debt. Yes millions are investing in that Obama economy as the numbers show.

    This really has been a waste of time. You are why I need a break every now and then from this forum. You symbolize a true Obamabot and before you report this an Obamabot is an official definition of an Obama supporter from the urban dictionary

    Urban Dictionary: Obamabot

    You simply have no concept of investment, return on investment, and the role of the Federal Govt. Maybe if millions more would just trust Obama and Obamanomics like you we wouldn't have these economic numbers but bet we would have more bankruptcies.

  9. #1149
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    With the stock market hitting record highs?
    Great, so the rich get richer under Obama. How does that help the millions of unemployed, under employed, discouraged along with the contract employees and business owners who lost their business but aren't counted?

  10. #1150
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    So why didn't the unemployment rate move?

    Kinda proves my point doesn't it - at least considering your numbers.

    You're not going to see a significant move in unemployment numbers until the "void" has been closed. Well, that or if Obamacare is enforced you will see companies/business/corporations dropping workers left and right or at least dropping them to part-time.
    Your question is based on a false premise. The unemployment rate has moved over the last 40 consecutive months. The U3 has fallen from 9.8% to 7.6% and the U6 has fallen from 17% to 14.3%

    Also, there are other factors affecting the unemployment rate. For example, employment in the public sector has fallen by 619,000 jobs during that same period when the private sector increased by 7.2 million.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •