Page 114 of 215 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 2145

Thread: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

  1. #1131
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Yes, tiny in comparison to GDP or the budget. Most of it was a one time tax cut. You could see the levels of spending increases over the entire term of Reagan, yet all you can see with Obama is a one time shot orders of magnitude smaller than what Reagan spent.

    Too sad!
    As continues to be proven, one time cuts are never effective long term. Are you sending GW Bush a thank you note for more spendable income because of his 2003 tax cuts? What I see in Obama is a do as I say not as I do very poor leader and yet people like you fall for the bs.

  2. #1132
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Why exactly would any business owner spend money with this President in the WH? You think Business is a charity? Questions have been asked of Obama supporters but all you and others do is run back to the liberal play book of diverting to Reagan or Bush.
    I am still waiting for you to present data to support your claim, all you have is rhetoric.

    Reagan spent massively on private business, he picked the winners (the defense industry) and stimulated the economy back into positive territory. You don't want Obama to do even one tenth of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #1133
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    As continues to be proven, one time cuts are never effective long term.
    We are trying to effect short term stimulus. And I agree, a one time shot that small had no chance of turning around an economy of this size.

    You keep agree with me without realizing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #1134
    Renaissance Man
    Captain Adverse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Mid-West USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    8,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    I'm sorry...what is the debate about now?

    It seems a thousand miles away from the original topic, or maybe I'm missing something.

    Could someone let me know what the issue is and how it ties to unemployment and the number of jobs that came on the market?
    If I stop responding it doesn't mean I've conceded the point or agree with you. It only means I've made my point and I don't mind you having the last word. Please wait a few minutes before "quoting" me. I often correct errors for a minute or two after I post before the final product is ready.

  5. #1135
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I am still waiting for you to present data to support your claim, all you have is rhetoric.

    Reagan spent massively on private business, he picked the winners (the defense industry) and stimulated the economy back into positive territory. You don't want Obama to do even one tenth of that.
    What data do you want, I have provided you with data that you ignore, You want GDP data, You want data showing how much business is holding in reserve? What exactly do you want. You call Reagan spending massive yet ignore the results as well as the peace dividend created. You see, it is ok to spend if you get results, not ok if you get Obama results because all that spending was wasted. I suggest you read the Preamble to the Constitution and tell me where defense fits in?

  6. #1136
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Adverse View Post
    I'm sorry...what is the debate about now?

    It seems a thousand miles away from the original topic, or maybe I'm missing something.

    Could someone let me know what the issue is and how it ties to unemployment and the number of jobs that came on the market?
    The debate is still the effect of stimulus in an economy with depressed demand.

    Con made the argument that Reagan did the right thing, I agreed, massively increasing fed stimulus did make a huge difference in getting the economy going, yet Con doesn't want Obama to use the same stimulus used by Reagan.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #1137
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    We are trying to effect short term stimulus. And I agree, a one time shot that small had no chance of turning around an economy of this size.

    You keep agree with me without realizing it.
    Obama's stimulus dumped 842 billion into the economy and generated a short term return as it stimulated one of the four components of GDP, try to figure out which one. What you don't seem to comprehend is that we have a private sector economy, one you claim you are part of. Do you really have a problem keeping and spending more of what you earn? Do you really believe it is the national taxpayer's responsibility to fund local services in your state and community? Do you believe rewarding bad behavior is the proper use of taxpayer money? So many questions and yet all you do is divert or run.

  8. #1138
    Renaissance Man
    Captain Adverse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Mid-West USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    8,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    The debate is still the effect of stimulus in an economy with depressed demand.

    Con made the argument that Reagan did the right thing, I agreed, massively increasing fed stimulus did make a huge difference in getting the economy going, yet Con doesn't want Obama to use the same stimulus used by Reagan.
    Okay, I think I can see that now. Thanks.
    If I stop responding it doesn't mean I've conceded the point or agree with you. It only means I've made my point and I don't mind you having the last word. Please wait a few minutes before "quoting" me. I often correct errors for a minute or two after I post before the final product is ready.

  9. #1139
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    The debate is still the effect of stimulus in an economy with depressed demand.

    Con made the argument that Reagan did the right thing, I agreed, massively increasing fed stimulus did make a huge difference in getting the economy going, yet Con doesn't want Obama to use the same stimulus used by Reagan.
    What stimulates demand in a private sector economy? Figure that out then you will have answers to a lot of your questions. Do you have any idea where the Federal Govt. gets their money?

    Reagan's stimulus was tax cuts over three years that were permanent and allowed businesses and individuals to plan. Reagan rebuilt our military and our national reputation. All this generated 17 million jobs thus new taxpayers, doubled GDP and grew federal income tax revenue. That is a pretty good return on that investment generated by quality leadership.

    By the way, you will never see Obama implement tax cuts to taxpayers nor will you ever see him promote the private sector so your point is moot.

  10. #1140
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Obama's stimulus dumped 842 billion into the economy and generated a short term return as it stimulated one of the four components of GDP, try to figure out which one. What you don't seem to comprehend is that we have a private sector economy, one you claim you are part of. Do you really have a problem keeping and spending more of what you earn? Do you really believe it is the national taxpayer's responsibility to fund local services in your state and community? Do you believe rewarding bad behavior is the proper use of taxpayer money? So many questions and yet all you do is divert or run.
    You still won't support your original claim that reg and taxes are holding back business from hiring......and now you want to go back to arguing about the ARRA from the standpoint of "one of four GDP components".

    The ARRA stimulated primarily from 3 aspects, direct benefits (UI and SNAP), via tax reduction and via local govt job retention....and there was even more than that.......but it was tiny compared to levels of increased spending by Reagan.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •