Page 113 of 215 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 2145

Thread: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

  1. #1121
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Thank you, but I don't need a primer on Keynsian Economic theory.

    As I wrote on a different post, I believe the government is the least efficient vehicle for getting revenue into the economy.
    Um, you are at a dead end, if your argument is that business is a more "efficient" method for getting "revenue" into the economy ( a mixed up set of terms, but I'll play along), you are still running up against the conditions that exist now, businesses will not hire until demand increases.....and we are barely at a point where demand is increasing enough.

    See how long it takes in a credit collapse recession?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #1122
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Geeze.

    Again, I considered the messeger, the message, the attributes to Zandi, etc. and rejected them because they are full of crap, in my opinion.

    As to the rest of your post, please find a different way to communicate. The little digs are collossally booring.
    I don't give a rats about your opinion, use fact to show how what is stated in the article is wrong.

    Your opinion is pointless.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #1123
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    GDP numbers show that demand has declined, too bad you live in a bubble and don't see it. You have shown absolutely nothing other than your ignorance of economics and civics.
    So this is it, this is your proof that those with massive reserves are not spending because of concerns for future taxes/regs?

    Wow....that is some proof!

    Further, since those with the cash reserves are not spending (regardless of why), should it not be that the govt step up....like Reagan did?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #1124
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I said, it won't make a business expand. Buyers will. A little bit different.

    And the part I put in to bold is not my belief. The catch 22 we always face in down turns is that business won't grow until people buy. And people wont buy until they have money. You can't tax cut enough to change this. And spending by the government is the less efficient way. But there is no efficient way that moves it forward quickly. If you believe the president is responsible (a wrong assumption BTW), you leave no real choice but to spend, and both parties have done this, even Reagan. They do it because they are expected to do it. After all, the illusion that they can fix it is firmly engrained. And they only the government can increase employment is by hiring people.

    Consider the situation faced by business owners today. As reported, they are sitting on money.

    First, the government has imposed a new regulation known as Obamacare. It is so convoluted, and contains such potential risk to business owners, the President has decided by fiat, to withdraw portions of it for another year.

    What kind of impact do you think Obamacare has on business hiring and expansion?

    Second, the President has annouced he plans to sidestep congress, and make changes to energy production and policy. It is well known this will have an impact on the cost of energy. Little takes place in the business world without energy.

    What kind of impact do you think President Obama's new energy policy will have on business hiring and expansion?

    There are many other issues that could be viewed in a similar light.

    These are issues that impact employment. As we both agree, more employment equals more potential demand.

    Unfortunately, it's almost 4pm, and my time in my office here is just about done. I'm afraid I won't be able to respond until a later time.

    I do appreciate the rational discussion.

    There are some here who haven't figured out how to do that.

  5. #1125
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Govt. spending is like a rebate check, once it is spent it is gone unless someone else steps up and fuel the pump. The 842 billion stimulus did indeed stimulate the economy for a very short period of time but when the money ran out there was no incentive for the private sector to step in and keep it going. You simply have no concept on govt. spending and what it does or doesn't do. Fourth quarter 2009 GDP growth was 4%. Look what happened afterwards and look what is happening today, 1.8% GDP growth thanks to Obamanomics. Why would any business invest their saved up cash today? WHY?
    LOL....you recognize that GDP increased with that tiny level of tax cuts/spending.....and when it declined, so did GDP...and you can see that Reagan spent magnitudes of levels greater.....but you then complain when the stimulus ends and GDP declines!

    Too frigging funny!
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #1126
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I don't give a rats about your opinion, use fact to show how what is stated in the article is wrong.

    Your opinion is pointless.
    Yet, I know your obsessed with it.

  7. #1127
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    LOL....you recognize that GDP increased with that tiny level of tax cuts/spending.....and when it declined, so did GDP...and you can see that Reagan spent magnitudes of levels greater.....but you then complain when the stimulus ends and GDP declines!

    Too frigging funny!
    842 billion is tiny? LOL, amazing how little you understand about the economy. What is friggen funny if it weren't so sad is the support the empty suit in the WH is getting for his poor performance.

  8. #1128
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post

    What kind of impact do you think Obamacare has on business hiring and expansion?
    Show it. This is the technique of sowing seeds of doubt. You brought up the doubt twice now (taxes/stimulus....and now "regs") but cannot support your claims....at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #1129
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    So this is it, this is your proof that those with massive reserves are not spending because of concerns for future taxes/regs?

    Wow....that is some proof!

    Further, since those with the cash reserves are not spending (regardless of why), should it not be that the govt step up....like Reagan did?
    Why exactly would any business owner spend money with this President in the WH? You think Business is a charity? Questions have been asked of Obama supporters but all you and others do is run back to the liberal play book of diverting to Reagan or Bush. Post 1124 deserves an answer from a smart business person like you think you are.

  10. #1130
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    842 billion is tiny? LOL, amazing how little you understand about the economy. What is friggen funny if it weren't so sad is the support the empty suit in the WH is getting for his poor performance.
    Yes, tiny in comparison to GDP or the budget. Most of it was a one time tax cut. You could see the levels of spending increases over the entire term of Reagan, yet all you can see with Obama is a one time shot orders of magnitude smaller than what Reagan spent.

    Too sad!
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •