Page 112 of 215 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 2145

Thread: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

  1. #1111
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    No, actually, I considered the messager. Pay attention.
    Um, did I say "considered"? Was this a term used....or is it a strawman from you? Yes, it is a strawman from you.

    I said you could not counter the facts and instead decided to shoot the messenger.

    Try reading and comprehending the words written, not what you imagined.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #1112
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Perhaps it's the inferences in what you post that causes some to leap. When you suggest in your post that saving money on taxes doesn't equal a buyer, but putting money into the economy through spending does, it's difficult not to reach the conclusion I did.

    I understand you believe the way to improve the economy is to increase demand, and the way to do that is to have the government put money into the economy by spending into it.

    It has been my experience the lest efficient vehicle to distribute revenue is the federal government.
    I said, it won't make a business expand. Buyers will. A little bit different.

    And the part I put in to bold is not my belief. The catch 22 we always face in down turns is that business won't grow until people buy. And people wont buy until they have money. You can't tax cut enough to change this. And spending by the government is the less efficient way. But there is no efficient way that moves it forward quickly. If you believe the president is responsible (a wrong assumption BTW), you leave no real choice but to spend, and both parties have done this, even Reagan. They do it because they are expected to do it. After all, the illusion that they can fix it is firmly engrained. And they only the government can increase employment is by hiring people.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #1113
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    The demand existed, the problem was the cost.

    Of course, that is not the issue today. Demand is still depressed, it is not an issue of supply.

    You are ignoring the issue of today, as demand declines, business reacts by cutting jobs, decreasing demand further.
    Why exactly has demand declined? Could it be that the majority I this country with income have no confidence in Obama economic policies and are waiting to see how much of it he is going to try and take next?

  4. #1114
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Hate to break it to you but it isn't the Federal Govt's role to provide your state with funds to meet the demand that you may have but it is the Federal Government's role to protect you from both foreign and domestic enemies. They are doing a very poor job of handling the domestic enemies.
    Meaningless if you blame the president. It is you who encourage the idea that the president must spend money. You just don't see it yet.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #1115
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Why exactly has demand declined? Could it be that the majority I this country with income have no confidence in Obama economic policies and are waiting to see how much of it he is going to try and take next?
    You go right ahead and come up with data to support this premise. I have shown you otherwise time and again.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #1116
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    The demand existed, the problem was the cost.

    Of course, that is not the issue today. Demand is still depressed, it is not an issue of supply.

    You are ignoring the issue of today, as demand declines, business reacts by cutting jobs, decreasing demand further.
    Thank you, but I don't need a primer on Keynsian Economic theory.

    As I wrote on a different post, I believe the government is the least efficient vehicle for getting revenue into the economy.

  7. #1117
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I said, it won't make a business expand. Buyers will. A little bit different.

    And the part I put in to bold is not my belief. The catch 22 we always face in down turns is that business won't grow until people buy. And people wont buy until they have money. You can't tax cut enough to change this. And spending by the government is the less efficient way. But there is no efficient way that moves it forward quickly. If you believe the president is responsible (a wrong assumption BTW), you leave no real choice but to spend, and both parties have done this, even Reagan. They do it because they are expected to do it. After all, the illusion that they can fix it is firmly engrained. And they only the government can increase employment is by hiring people.
    A complete payroll tax holiday, withdrawn slowly over the next few years, would have been much more effective than the stimulus as it was structured. It would have left funds where they were needed most to deal with a balance sheet type of recession...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  8. #1118
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I said, it won't make a business expand. Buyers will. A little bit different.

    And the part I put in to bold is not my belief. The catch 22 we always face in down turns is that business won't grow until people buy. And people wont buy until they have money. You can't tax cut enough to change this. And spending by the government is the less efficient way. But there is no efficient way that moves it forward quickly. If you believe the president is responsible (a wrong assumption BTW), you leave no real choice but to spend, and both parties have done this, even Reagan. They do it because they are expected to do it. After all, the illusion that they can fix it is firmly engrained. And they only the government can increase employment is by hiring people.
    Govt. spending is like a rebate check, once it is spent it is gone unless someone else steps up and fuel the pump. The 842 billion stimulus did indeed stimulate the economy for a very short period of time but when the money ran out there was no incentive for the private sector to step in and keep it going. You simply have no concept on govt. spending and what it does or doesn't do. Fourth quarter 2009 GDP growth was 4%. Look what happened afterwards and look what is happening today, 1.8% GDP growth thanks to Obamanomics. Why would any business invest their saved up cash today? WHY?

  9. #1119
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You go right ahead and come up with data to support this premise. I have shown you otherwise time and again.
    GDP numbers show that demand has declined, too bad you live in a bubble and don't see it. You have shown absolutely nothing other than your ignorance of economics and civics.

  10. #1120
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Um, did I say "considered"? Was this a term used....or is it a strawman from you? Yes, it is a strawman from you.

    I said you could not counter the facts and instead decided to shoot the messenger.

    Try reading and comprehending the words written, not what you imagined.

    Geeze.

    Again, I considered the messeger, the message, the attributes to Zandi, etc. and rejected them because they are full of crap, in my opinion.

    As to the rest of your post, please find a different way to communicate. The little digs are collossally booring.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •