Page 105 of 215 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 2145

Thread: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

  1. #1041
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,299

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    In 1979, the budget was $500M, by 1987 Ronnie had more that doubled it to $1,000M ($1T).

    Obama has not done that, he is on pace to have the lowest levels of increase.
    No, Obama took a 3 trillion dollar budget and added 800 billion to it while growing the GDP less than 2% a year. Such low expectations you have

  2. #1042
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The GDP doubled, the revenue to the govt increased by over 60 percent and I am still waiting for you to show that massive military build up you claim Reagan had. Amazing how low your expectations are when it comes to the Obama record.
    Stop lying, Con?

    Here are the real GDP numbers:

    1980: 5,834.0
    1988: 7,607.4

    Actual gain: 30% (i.e., not double)

    http://www.bea.gov/national/xls/gdplev.xls

  3. #1043
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,299

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Stop lying, Con?

    Here are the real GDP numbers:

    1980: 5,834.0
    1988: 7,607.4

    Actual gain: 30% (i.e., not double)

    http://www.bea.gov/national/xls/gdplev.xls

    Real means adjusted for inflation and expenses and revenue during the time period involved have nothing to do with inflation. Keep spinning. Must be tough being on the wrong side of history.

  4. #1044
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The GDP doubled, the revenue to the govt increased by over 60 percent
    GDP now is 5 times the size of the budget, GDP has increased exponentially while fed spending has increased linearly.
    and I am still waiting for you to show that massive military build up you claim Reagan had. Amazing how low your expectations are when it comes to the Obama record.
    What you can't find it for yourself?


    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #1045
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The numbers are easy to address and are available. I know the numbers, apparently you don't and prefer to believe what you are told. The reality makes you look and sound foolish. I posted an article showing that Reagan proposed spending cuts that Congress said was dead on arrival and a 994 billion dollar budget for 242 million Americans. Today Obama proposed a budget of 3.77 trillion dollars for 312 million Americans. Reagan's budget cut the deficit whereas Obama's increases it. Reality sucks doesn't it?
    Not the numbers we were talking about. You changed the subje the second your claims fell apart.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #1046
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,299

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    GDP now is 5 times the size of the budget, GDP has increased exponentially while fed spending has increased linearly. What you can't find it for yourself?


    Ever figure out what that massive increase in military spending was under Reagan? 200 billion when he took office to 350 billion in 1988. Keep reading your textbooks while ignoring the mess Obama has created for actual people today.

  7. #1047
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,299

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Not the numbers we were talking about. You changed the subje the second your claims fell apart.
    You are very good at changing topics and ignoring the data posted because the data posted shows Obama to be exactly who he is, a total and complete incompetent failure.

  8. #1048
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No,
    What is this? Are you denying that Reagan doubled the budget levels? Yes, you are.


    Obama took a 3 trillion dollar budget and added 800 billion to it while growing the GDP less than 2% a year. Such low expectations you have
    Actually, the $3.5T (2009) budget has increased to $3.8T, a very small increase, not anywhere near the increases Reagan brought.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #1049
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Really? then why is the employment number still 2 million less than 2007 and the unemployed only 177,000 less than when Obama took office? you have such low expectations and simply buy what you are told. So much invested in the failed ideology of liberalism.
    Yes, really. You can look up the numbers if you don't believe me.

  10. #1050
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    I suppose they do, but then again, on an anonymous blog, what would work?

    If "something with a sufficient" were required of every post, this would be a very "quiet" place.
    For claims of cause and effect, studies are usually required, even here. Such as studies provided that showed taxes and regulations had minimal effect. You'll find those posted earlier. Even a link to business people supporting regulations.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •