Page 103 of 215 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 2145

Thread: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

  1. #1021
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I keep hearing how much Reagan spent on defense, put a dollar figure on it and compare the discretionary budget today to the discretionary budget then vs non discretionary budget then vs what it is today. Spending that generates 17 million new jobs, doubles GDP, increases tax revenue by over 60% doesn't seem to be a problem for thinking individuals. Wonder how many Americans would take those numbers today? 1.7 trillion added to the debt to generate those numbers vs. 6.2 trillion today to generate the numbers we have now. Hmmm, wonder which one the American people would prefer?
    What is the multiplier effect of building a bomb and sticking it in the ground for thirty or forty years? PURE KEYNESIAN that you were ranting against within the last year.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  2. #1022
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,259

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Pretty sure I wouldn't go to you for reality. But he asked you a specific question. You evaded it.
    Unlike you I answer every question I am asked, when are you going to admit that Obama has been a major disappointment and hasn't generated the results you thought he would generate or the results he promised?

  3. #1023
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Well, despite a desire to have it be considered not true, perhaps there is a reason the saying is popular.

    I'd guess it's been tested enough times to keep it that way, wouldn't you?
    No. The saying actually means someone will believe it even though its not true. And that as been tested and proven true again and again. Another saying is that it's impossible to teach someone something that person THINKS he or she knows. Misperception dies a long, s low death.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #1024
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    LOL. Beyond silly. First off, what did Bush do to cause the problem to begin with? That's right nothing. The wheels were turning way before he came in office that caused the housing market to burst. If fact, he made at least a modest attempt to do something about it but people raking in millions off the corrupt scam on capital hill would hear nothing about it and ran his people off. Another fact. Obama was in position as a Senator to do something about the looming housing bubble problem but did nothing. As it turns out, the scam operators is where he got huge sums of his campaign cash from but Obama won't tell you that.

    Second off, the recession ended about two or three months after Obama took office. He has lead the worst recovery from a recession on record. The answers are as simple as they can be as why that has happened. Higher taxes, Obamacare, more regulations, lawlessness from government and so on gives business little confidence or reason to invest. But that doesn't sit well with the liberal mindset so Obama supporters tell any lie, ignore anything and everything that makes any sense, and pretend that he has worked wonders when the facts are completely opposite.

    Third off, things are still getting worse, overall. Sure, there highlights, here and there. But Presidents are not about here and there. Losing full time jobs each month is a big disaster just waiting on time to happen. Pushing for millions of more of low wage workers competing for few available jobs won't create an economic turn around. Pushing back by a year part of a disaster healthcare law won't cause business investment. Business wondering what crimes or untruthfulness will be committed next at DOJ won't cause them to invest more money. Business wondering what kind of stupidity will come out of the department of energy won't cause them to invest money (unless it has been stolen from taxpayers). And so on and so.

    And we still have three years left of this train wreck.
    Bush did "nothing to cause the Bush Great Recession??"



    Even Bush himself disagrees with you...


    "Thanks to our policies, home ownership in America is at an all-time high." ~ George Bush, RNC acceptance speech

  5. #1025
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Unlike you I answer every question I am asked, when are you going to admit that Obama has been a major disappointment and hasn't generated the results you thought he would generate or the results he promised?
    Now that's just not true.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #1026
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,259

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Donc View Post
    What is the multiplier effect of building a bomb and sticking it in the ground for thirty or forty years? PURE KEYNESIAN that you were ranting against within the last year.
    Before talking multiplier effect you better tell me what the multiplier is because it isn't what you think it is. Reagan had a less than trillion dollar budget for a country with 242 million Americans. Today that budget is 3.8 trillion dollars for 312 million Americans. Those extra 70 million sure are expensive or is it simply your blind eye that ignores the massive growth of our govt. today and designs to grow it more? How do you grow govt. more you ask? You create greater dependence.

  7. #1027
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,259

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Now that's just not true.
    Your opinion noted but just like you not knowing what a fact is you also believe that the answer given that you don't like is a non answer. Be more specific what question was presented that I didn't answer?

  8. #1028
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No. The saying actually means someone will believe it even though its not true. And that as been tested and proven true again and again. Another saying is that it's impossible to teach someone something that person THINKS he or she knows. Misperception dies a long, s low death.
    Well, I can't argue with your post. I've been reading many posts on this particular thread that are proving your point beautifully.

    I'd add "agonizing" to the "dies a long, slow death" line though.

  9. #1029
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Never said I couldn't find it, I know it, apparently you don't because you want to buy what the media tells you. You have way too much invested in failure and low expectations, rather a shame.
    We currently spend 24% of the TOTAL budget on defense, in 1987 it made up 32% of the budget. Reagan spent his way out the 80's recession.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #1030
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by pinqy View Post
    Absolute rubbish. Where on Earth did you get that idea from?

    How the Government Measures Unemployment


    Or, from the Technical Note to the Employment Situation:


    And how do you explain A-38. Persons not in the labor force by desire and availability for work, age, and sex which is a breakdown of those neither Employed nor Unemployed?
    Unemployment Rate Definition, Example & Formula | InvestingAnswers


    Unemployment Rate = Number of Unemployed / Total Labor Force

    In short..

    Labor force = those employed.

    Number of those unemployed = those receiving unemployment benefits.

    My criteria is correct...

    Also, the notion that taxes/healthcare don't affect businesses and their decisions as far as cutting back on spending because they have to pay Uncle Sam shows just how deficient some people are...

    Do democrats just not live on a budget?

    So what makes you think business' don't have a budget?

    Oh yeah I forgot democrats are responsible for bleeding the banks dry with their idea that everything is free on a credit card - so the notion that businesses don't live on a budget is alien to the typical democrat.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •