Page 102 of 215 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 2145

Thread: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

  1. #1011
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,253

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Donc View Post
    I thought that you weren't a fan of Keynesian economics. The majority of defense spending is pure Keynesian. Are you in favor cuts in the nation’s defense?
    Aw for a 143 billion deficit today and cuts in spending. DOA is what Democrats call that kind of a budget

    http://articles.philly.com/1986-02-0...-spending-cuts

  2. #1012
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Aw for a 143 billion deficit today and cuts in spending. DOA is what Democrats call that kind of a budget

    Congress Pronounces Reagan Budget Doa - Philly.com
    Wasn't about democrats. He asked you.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #1013
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Aw, yes, Reagan did exactly what Tip ONeil wanted, LOL, you want badly to re-write history but you cannot change it. So you were in college during the Reagan years, how about that, a real expert on what was going on out in the real world. I keep hearing about how much money Reagan spent on defense but never have I seen you put a dollar figure on it nor do I ever hear you or anyone else talk about the Peace dividend left by Reagan or the rebuilding of the military as a result of Carter where helicopters couldn't even stay in the air. Yes, historical data that you want to ignore is the data that ranks Reagan high in performance something Obama will never see. He is making Carter look good and that is saying something.

    Obama lacks the leadership skills for the job he holds and you along with all the other supporters lack a basic understanding of what leadership really is. Such low standards and expectations have blinded you to reality.
    More confused, conflicted empty rhetoric. You say you can't find the data on Reagan's defense spending but then you elude to Carter NOT funding defense! (oh, and the weird example you give, the "helicopter not staying in flight" is a reference to the dust storm that wiped out the Iranian hostage rescue attempt, and if you feel that dancing on the graves of those soldiers embellishes your argument....you go with that. I think it is just another sad example of your ideas, but you go for it.)
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #1014
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Prove that last part, concerning taxes and regulations when all the evidence says those things have minimal effect at best.
    Go to your local "mini mall" walk around and look at how many open spaces there are......

    Your goddamn environment is the proof.

    You think businesses just closed their doors out of "protest of a black man being president?"

    Even a democrat small business owner will tell you what I just said.....

    Obama and his ilk love large unionized corporations and hate small businesses and non-union corporations and his commie filth will do everything in their power to make it as difficult as possible for private non-union businesses to succeed..

    Obama hates business and capitalism as much as the next progressive and will tax and regulate the **** out of them....

    Obama is a union shill and an authoritarian.... He wants unions and complete dictation over the private sector, because when you can dictate a business you can dictate an outcome and that is the consensus amongst progressives in government -- dictated outcomes.
    Last edited by Mr.Nick; 07-11-13 at 03:44 PM.

  5. #1015
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I keep hearing how much Reagan spent on defense, put a dollar figure on it and compare the discretionary budget today to the discretionary budget then vs non discretionary budget then vs what it is today. Spending that generates 17 million new jobs, doubles GDP, increases tax revenue by over 60% doesn't seem to be a problem for thinking individuals. Wonder how many Americans would take those numbers today? 1.7 trillion added to the debt to generate those numbers vs. 6.2 trillion today to generate the numbers we have now. Hmmm, wonder which one the American people would prefer?
    This is hilarious! You are not only defending the increase in spending by Reagan, you are cheerleading it!

    At the same time you don't adjust for inflation or recognize that the debt incurred today is from revenue declines, not spending on jobs programs.

    We go over this every single day, every day is groundhog day for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #1016
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,253

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Wasn't about democrats. He asked you.
    It is about reality, something you don't understand. In 1987 the Reagan budget for 242 million Americans was less than a trillion dollars. Today we have 70 million more people and a budget almost 4 times that number yet that isn't enough? Reagan built a feeling of self reliance not govt. reliance, Reagan promoted individual wealth creation, not bureaucrat wealth creation. Reagan promoted the private sector growth not demonizing it like Obama has. You simply are out of touch with reality and read too many textbooks that teach you nothing about human behavior and activity.

  7. #1017
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Despite the popular saying, perception isn't necessarily reality. May a person mistaken one thing as the cause when it was really something else. That's why it's better to test your perception from time to time.
    Well, despite a desire to have it be considered not true, perhaps there is a reason the saying is popular.

    I'd guess it's been tested enough times to keep it that way, wouldn't you?

  8. #1018
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,253

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    More confused, conflicted empty rhetoric. You say you can't find the data on Reagan's defense spending but then you elude to Carter NOT funding defense! (oh, and the weird example you give, the "helicopter not staying in flight" is a reference to the dust storm that wiped out the Iranian hostage rescue attempt, and if you feel that dancing on the graves of those soldiers embellishes your argument....you go with that. I think it is just another sad example of your ideas, but you go for it.)
    Never said I couldn't find it, I know it, apparently you don't because you want to buy what the media tells you. You have way too much invested in failure and low expectations, rather a shame.

  9. #1019
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    It is about reality, something you don't understand. In 1987 the Reagan budget for 242 million Americans was less than a trillion dollars. Today we have 70 million more people and a budget almost 4 times that number yet that isn't enough? Reagan built a feeling of self reliance not govt. reliance, Reagan promoted individual wealth creation, not bureaucrat wealth creation. Reagan promoted the private sector growth not demonizing it like Obama has. You simply are out of touch with reality and read too many textbooks that teach you nothing about human behavior and activity.
    Pretty sure I wouldn't go to you for reality. But he asked you a specific question. You evaded it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #1020
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,253

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    This is hilarious! You are not only defending the increase in spending by Reagan, you are cheerleading it!

    At the same time you don't adjust for inflation or recognize that the debt incurred today is from revenue declines, not spending on jobs programs.

    We go over this every single day, every day is groundhog day for you.
    Obama is always talking about govt. investment so you tell me about govt. investment that creates the numbers I posted. Do you have a problem with it? What is the return on the 6.2 trillion Obama debt?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •