Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: China to join Russia for largest naval drills with foreign partner

  1. #1
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    China to join Russia for largest naval drills with foreign partner

    China will join Russia later this week for its largest-ever naval drills with a foreign partner, underlining deepening ties between the former cold war rivals along with Beijing's desire for closer links with regional militaries.

    snip

    In comments reported by the official Liberation Army Daily, Fang emphasised that outsiders should not consider the exercises threatening.
    "The joint drill conducted by the two militaries of China and Russia do not target any third parties. Their aim is to deepen co-operation between the two militaries in the training field, boost capacity in co-ordinating military activities, and serve the purpose of safeguarding regional security and stability," Fang said.

    China to join Russia for largest naval drills with foreign partner | World news | guardian.co.uk
    Two questions here, does anyone believe General Fang? (what a name) and 2. does anyone else see this as a troubling sign?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Bible
    Revelations 20:7-9 7 Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison 8 and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea. 9 They went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them.
    Thoughts?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #2
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: China to join Russia for largest naval drills with foreign partner

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Two questions here, does anyone believe General Fang? (what a name) and 2. does anyone else see this as a troubling sign?



    Thoughts?
    Don't be ridiculous. Revelations is highly poetic and not meant to be taken literally. Gog and Magog are NOT China and Russia. Conspiracy theorist have been going crazy with Gog and Magog for two thousand years, non have them have been right. You are not the exception.

    These military drills are innocuous. It is a hell of a lot better than these two nuclear-equipped powers going to war with each other.

  3. #3
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: China to join Russia for largest naval drills with foreign partner

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Don't be ridiculous. Revelations is highly poetic and not meant to be taken literally. Gog and Magog are NOT China and Russia. Conspiracy theorist have been going crazy with Gog and Magog for two thousand years, non have them have been right. You are not the exception.

    These military drills are innocuous. It is a hell of a lot better than these two nuclear-equipped powers going to war with each other.
    Don't do that man, Don't just dismiss other beliefs because you are not a believer....That is just as bigoted as those you would label for not conceding to a question you have...This push to every thing that is happening today where a negative connotation can be discussed as being dismissed as "nothing to see here" is all the more reason to discuss it, and watch it....You are serving as a canary in the coal mine Guy.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #4
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: China to join Russia for largest naval drills with foreign partner

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Don't do that man, Don't just dismiss other beliefs because you are not a believer....That is just as bigoted as those you would label for not conceding to a question you have...This push to every thing that is happening today where a negative connotation can be discussed as being dismissed as "nothing to see here" is all the more reason to discuss it, and watch it....You are serving as a canary in the coal mine Guy.
    I am rebuking you as a brother Christian. You don't have special access to the prophecy contained in Revelations, which is highly poetic and not literal. You are committing the sin of pride thinking that you have special knowledge; you are really just being paranoid.

  5. #5
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: China to join Russia for largest naval drills with foreign partner

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    I am rebuking you as a brother Christian. You don't have special access to the prophecy contained in Revelations, which is highly poetic and not literal. You are committing the sin of pride thinking that you have special knowledge; you are really just being paranoid.
    No, I am placing the question out there "brother Christian" for discussion. You on the other hand are creating a strawman to refute that discussion even taking place, which at best calls into suspicion your intention for even entering the thread.

    Now, with that said, what do you see as the signs of this joint exercise between China, and Russia?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #6
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: China to join Russia for largest naval drills with foreign partner

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No, I am placing the question out there "brother Christian" for discussion. You on the other hand are creating a strawman to refute that discussion even taking place, which at best calls into suspicion your intention for even entering the thread.

    Now, with that said, what do you see as the signs of this joint exercise between China, and Russia?
    It's not a straw man. Your OP drew a pointed comparison between Russia/China and Gog/Magog, which is ludicrous. Don't try to pretend now like you weren't saying that, you add dishonesty to your list of sins committed in this thread.

    I already told you what I thought about it: cooperation between Russia and China is a good thing.

  7. #7
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: China to join Russia for largest naval drills with foreign partner

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    It's not a straw man.
    Oh, it's not? Where did I say anything like this?:

    "...You don't have special access to the prophecy contained in Revelations..."

    Where did I say I have "special access" to any prophecy?

    That Guy, is text book definition of a strawman argument.

    Your OP drew a pointed comparison between Russia/China and Gog/Magog, which is ludicrous.
    Yes, it did, and the comparisons of Gog (Russia), and Magog (China post 14th century) are well documented.

    Don't try to pretend now like you weren't saying that
    Where did I do that?

    you add dishonesty to your list of sins committed in this thread.
    My "list of sins"? Who are you to judge me? You should back off the incendiary rhetoric, it makes you look foolish.

    I already told you what I thought about it: cooperation between Russia and China is a good thing.
    Noted. Could you explain why you think it is a 'good thing', beyond the ridiculous scope of the two warring with each other?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #8
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,547

    Re: China to join Russia for largest naval drills with foreign partner

    I really don't give a rat's ass what China and Russia do.

    It's not a threat to the USofA.

    Period.

  9. #9
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:00 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,299

    Re: China to join Russia for largest naval drills with foreign partner

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No, I am placing the question out there "brother Christian" for discussion. You on the other hand are creating a strawman to refute that discussion even taking place, which at best calls into suspicion your intention for even entering the thread.

    Now, with that said, what do you see as the signs of this joint exercise between China, and Russia?
    The way I see it, the two Nations of the World with trade surpluses and sound money are going to practice together for their mutual security. The countries with the bogus monies and huge trade deficits are scared because these strong militaries threaten what backs the bogus "fiat monies." The only thing that backs US money is the military. It doesn't have anything to do with the Bible and soothsayers, although my buddy, Two Fingers McSlippery, a renowned local soothsayer, says to anyone who will listen to "hang on to your four leaf clovers."

  10. #10
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: China to join Russia for largest naval drills with foreign partner

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    I really don't give a rat's ass what China and Russia do.

    It's not a threat to the USofA.

    Period.
    I would tend to agree that joint military exercise in, and of themselves, are not a direct, and imminent threat of some pending attack, but overall, the sign of them now cooperating in such things is note worthy, and also worthy of scrutiny....Plus so far I see Guy, now you trying hard to just dismiss it....That raises more questions.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •