Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 297

Thread: University Tells Student to Remove Cross Necklace

  1. #171
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: University Tells Student to Remove Cross Necklace

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    In other news on the War on Christianity, non-Christians still can't be President. Details at eleven.
    Maybe you're bringing the war in the wrong battlefield....Ever think of how dumb it is to try and argue against Christianity in a nation that is 80% plus Christian? That'd be like you and ten of your like minded friends to go up against the Ottoman empire with little more than a spear.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #172
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,056

    Re: University Tells Student to Remove Cross Necklace

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Maybe you're bringing the war in the wrong battlefield....Ever think of how dumb it is to try and argue against Christianity in a nation that is 80% plus Christian? That'd be like you and ten of your like minded friends to go up against the Ottoman empire with little more than a spear.
    Was I arguing against Christianity?

    In any case, according to Gallup 77% of Americans identify as Christian. So as the predominant demographic is Christian and non-Christians can't even be President, the persecution claimed by Christians is hollow and unconvincing.

  3. #173
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,539

    Re: University Tells Student to Remove Cross Necklace

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    You don't care for Obama, ok, I'll accept that on face value. That doesn't mean that you don't bring an element of what Grant is talking about to your argument..Incivility, and mockery are never ways to reasoned, rational debate, yet in this very thread you represent conservatives as some sort of uneducated, slack jawed rubes, that cling to religion in a pejorative description you present. In fact, if we were face to face, instead of on a political message board, I doubt you'd have the gall to be that obnoxious outright, either that or you'd be the guy at the party asked to leave because you'd be getting all loud and ****, with this over the top crap.

    And Joe (Boo) likes it, and thinks your childish antics make your point....Only in a world of meatheads would that be true.
    I might be an asshole, but I'm right. You're displaying all the characteristics of a losing fight, looking to deflect away from the argument. You say I'm a big meenie, if we were face to face you'd scare me, lol, I'm not socially acceptable? lol

    Are you really chastising me on this forum where most of your brethren act like complete partisan jackasses? I've gone too far? Oh my that's interesting.

    P.S. If we were face to face you'd soil your diaper as you look up and my goatee scratches your eyeballs.

  4. #174
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,539

    Re: University Tells Student to Remove Cross Necklace

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Maybe you're bringing the war in the wrong battlefield....Ever think of how dumb it is to try and argue against Christianity in a nation that is 80% plus Christian? That'd be like you and ten of your like minded friends to go up against the Ottoman empire with little more than a spear.
    That's right! Learn your place in this country, boy. Or else the American Taliban will blow up your house.

  5. #175
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: University Tells Student to Remove Cross Necklace

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    That's right! Learn your place in this country, boy. Or else the American Taliban will blow up your house.
    Hi, J-Mac. It never really changes, does it?

  6. #176
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: University Tells Student to Remove Cross Necklace

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    And Joe (Boo) likes it, and thinks your childish antics make your point....Only in a world of meatheads would that be true.
    I like it because its accurate. Even you go off the socialist deep end. It's hard to have rational debate with those whose vision is so clouded.

    Lets take you're 80% Christian claim. Even if true, no one should suggest that means they can't be argued with. However, I suspect a good number in that 80% don't really know nor practice Christianity to any significant degree. Talked to one a while back who adamantly declared the Christian faith, but though the trinity was silly.

    But when you call the president a socialist, or any such term, you've left reasoned debate. And that was the point he made. And he was quite accurate with it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #177
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: University Tells Student to Remove Cross Necklace

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I like it because its accurate. Even you go off the socialist deep end. It's hard to have rational debate with those whose vision is so clouded.

    Lets take you're 80% Christian claim. Even if true, no one should suggest that means they can't be argued with. However, I suspect a good number in that 80% don't really know nor practice Christianity to any significant degree. Talked to one a while back who adamantly declared the Christian faith, but though the trinity was silly.

    But when you call the president a socialist, or any such term, you've left reasoned debate. And that was the point he made. And he was quite accurate with it.
    Pf course. It's not as though a Christian woman was denied the right to wear a cross around their neck or that Obama got government involved in major parts of the economy. Obama is a real free marketeer, all right!

  8. #178
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: University Tells Student to Remove Cross Necklace

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Pf course. It's not as though a Christian woman was denied the right to wear a cross around their neck or that Obama got government involved in major parts of the economy. Obama is a real free marketeer, all right!
    As I said, she'll win. The world will never be free of idiots. And government has been involved in the economy almost since day one. But socialism has an actual definition. Being hyperbolic hurts debate.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #179
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: University Tells Student to Remove Cross Necklace

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    As I said, she'll win. The world will never be free of idiots. And government has been involved in the economy almost since day one. But socialism has an actual definition. Being hyperbolic hurts debate.
    Socialism has just one definition? That all depends on the Socialist, doesn't it? I've heard dozens.

    What's your definition?

  10. #180
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: University Tells Student to Remove Cross Necklace

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Socialism has just one definition? That all depends on the Socialist, doesn't it? I've heard dozens.

    What's your definition?
    No. A word can't be so malleable as to have no meaning at all.

    so·cial·ism noun \ˈsō-shə-ˌli-zəm\

    Definition of SOCIALISM

    1: any of various economic and political theories advocating collective or governmental ownership and administration of the means of production and distribution of goods

    2 a : a system of society or group living in which there is no private property
    b : a system or condition of society in which the means of production are owned and controlled by the state

    3: a stage of society in Marxist theory transitional between capitalism and communism and distinguished by unequal distribution of goods and pay according to work done

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •