Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 297

Thread: University Tells Student to Remove Cross Necklace

  1. #121
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: University Tells Student to Remove Cross Necklace

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Define "disruptive"....
    Dude...if you can't follow along and understand context what are you doing here? I shouldn't have to lay it out for you.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  2. #122
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,144

    Re: University Tells Student to Remove Cross Necklace

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Find me one instance where the bolded has actually happened.
    Pick any State University. I use to work for one, I can name you 8, the 8 years that I worked for one.

  3. #123
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: University Tells Student to Remove Cross Necklace

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    Pick any State University. I use to work for one, I can name you 8, the 8 years that I worked for one.
    I don't buy that. Been at more than a few myself, and that has never been true. I think you need to back this claim up, showing it to be in a significant number of universities.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #124
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,144

    Re: University Tells Student to Remove Cross Necklace

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I don't buy that. Been at more than a few myself, and that has never been true. I think you need to back this claim up, showing it to be in a significant number of universities.
    You don't have to.

    anecdotal evidence is just that.

    Believe or don't believe, I do not care.

  5. #125
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: University Tells Student to Remove Cross Necklace

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    You don't have to.

    anecdotal evidence is just that.

    Believe or don't believe, I do not care.
    I don't. And have no reason to accept it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #126
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: University Tells Student to Remove Cross Necklace

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Dude...if you can't follow along and understand context what are you doing here? I shouldn't have to lay it out for you.
    It's an easy question disney...Why you gettin' all frustrated? Just answer the question.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #127
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: University Tells Student to Remove Cross Necklace

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I don't. And have no reason to accept it.
    Ok, so you don't believe his eye witness testimony...So what, who are you? Why should your belief in what someone says they witnessed, or not matter?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #128
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,458
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: University Tells Student to Remove Cross Necklace

    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    That is the kind of liberal I like. One that can recognize the extremism of their own and call it out. Congrats.
    Good Lord your patronizing condescension is eye-rolling and vomit inducing.
    No matter the lean, anyone with more than one functioning brain cell can easily decipher--that if the OP story is correct--then indeed Mr. Jarvis went way too far.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  9. #129
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: University Tells Student to Remove Cross Necklace

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Good Lord your patronizing condescension is eye-rolling and vomit inducing.
    No matter the lean, anyone with more than one functioning brain cell can easily decipher--that if the OP story is correct--then indeed Mr. Jarvis went way too far.
    If everyone can agree that Mr. Jarvis went way too far as you say, what sanction will he receive? Any?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #130
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,458
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: University Tells Student to Remove Cross Necklace

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    If everyone can agree that Mr. Jarvis went way too far as you say, what sanction will he receive? Any?
    Crucifixion?
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •