Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Obama ends Africa trip by joining Bush at memorial

  1. #1
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,720

    Obama ends Africa trip by joining Bush at memorial

    DAR ES SALAAM, Tanzania (AP) — Democratic President Barack Obama and Republican predecessor President George W. Bush found common ground in Africa on Tuesday, honoring the victims of a terrorist attack in an unprecedented encounter a world away from home.

    The U.S. presidents observed a moment of silence together at a monument to victims of the 1998 embassy bombing here in the east African city where Bush coincidentally happened to be as Obama wrapped up a weeklong tour of the continent. While the two leaders didn't say anything publicly, their wives engaged in a warm and chatty joint appearance at a summit on African women.
    Bush and Obama together, to make a speech at a memorial. Now if Congress could only get together too, and put away their petty nitpicking..... I think the 2 presidents here give an example that Congress should follow.

    Article is here.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  2. #2
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Obama ends Africa trip by joining Bush at memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Bush and Obama together, to make a speech at a memorial. Now if Congress could only get together too, and put away their petty nitpicking..... I think the 2 presidents here give an example that Congress should follow.

    Article is here.
    Dan, for as much as it sucks that the two sides can't concentrate on solutions instead of being hell bent of winning everything, we generally like the fact that each part of government keeps the other in-check, and that generally equates to disagreement most of the time. Like I said, someone should start a campaign that highlights the fact that we don't and don't want lawyers as our representatives anymore. We want and should want problem solvers. People or science, doctors, engineers, people that don't care about winning only about solving problems.


    That is the problem we have with our government, plain and simple.

    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  3. #3
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,720

    Re: Obama ends Africa trip by joining Bush at memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Dan, for as much as it sucks that the two sides can't concentrate on solutions instead of being hell bent of winning everything, we generally like the fact that each part of government keeps the other in-check, and that generally equates to disagreement most of the time. Like I said, someone should start a campaign that highlights the fact that we don't and don't want lawyers as our representatives anymore. We want and should want problem solvers. People or science, doctors, engineers, people that don't care about winning only about solving problems.


    That is the problem we have with our government, plain and simple.

    Tim-
    There is definitely a problem when a poll shows Congress with worse favorability ratings than venereal disease. LOL.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  4. #4
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,225

    Re: Obama ends Africa trip by joining Bush at memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Bush and Obama together, to make a speech at a memorial. Now if Congress could only get together too, and put away their petty nitpicking..... I think the 2 presidents here give an example that Congress should follow.

    Article is here.
    Put away their petty nitpicking in favor of...the Libbo agenda?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama ends Africa trip by joining Bush at memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Put away their petty nitpicking in favor of...the Libbo agenda?
    Yeah because that's what he said

    Thank you however for illustrating quite nicely the real problem though.....Partisan hackery as in your display of it with your hackery comments.

  6. #6
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,720

    Re: Obama ends Africa trip by joining Bush at memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Yeah because that's what he said

    Thank you however for illustrating quite nicely the real problem though.....Partisan hackery as in your display of it with your hackery comments.
    Yea, now you know why I put that sucker on ignore eons ago. LOL.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  7. #7
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,225

    Re: Obama ends Africa trip by joining Bush at memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Yeah because that's what he said

    Thank you however for illustrating quite nicely the real problem though.....Partisan hackery as in your display of it with your hackery comments.
    It was a question. Do you know what a question is?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama ends Africa trip by joining Bush at memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It was a question. Do you know what a question is?
    Sorry been here too long to know you're statement wasn't a question but a statement disguised as a question. Play dumb all you like many know better.

  9. #9
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Obama ends Africa trip by joining Bush at memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Yea, now you know why I put that sucker on ignore eons ago. LOL.
    Moderator's Warning:
    Obama ends Africa trip by joining Bush at memorialDan... please don't announce who you have on ignore.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #10
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,255

    Re: Obama ends Africa trip by joining Bush at memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    There is definitely a problem when a poll shows Congress with worse favorability ratings than venereal disease. LOL.
    No one has ever liked Congress, taking polls on its likeablity is kind of silly. They are always lower than dog ****.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •