Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 394

Thread: After DOMA, gay couples still would not receive many federal benefits. [W:345]

  1. #361
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    After DOMA, gay couples still would not receive many federal benefits. [W:345]

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Thanxs for the pin back but I really don't need it anymore.
    Always glad to pin back your ears whenever you need it and even when you think you don't.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  2. #362
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: After DOMA, gay couples still would not receive many federal benefits. [W:345]

    Quote Originally Posted by HoongLoong View Post
    It matters when one is a moderator.
    Not at all.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #363
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: After DOMA, gay couples still would not receive many federal benefits. [W:345]

    Quote Originally Posted by HoongLoong View Post
    CC, Children exist as a RESULT of PROCREATION.......CHILDREN & PROCREATION are INEXTRICABLY BOUND TOGETHER.

    Homosexuality and the union of these unnaturals, and abnormals that do not have any connection to PROCREATION, and the RESULT of PROCREATION is on its face RIDICULOUS !!!

    You, and your category of individuals (with their enabling liberals) may want to persist in furthering your agenda and of course that is permissible with the freedom of speech.
    Post anything that shows that procreation is a legal requirement for marriage.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #364
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    After DOMA, gay couples still would not receive many federal benefits. [W:345]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Post anything that shows that procreation is a legal requirement for marriage.
    Procreation is no more a requirement for marriage than catching fish is for fishing. It's a really idiotic argument to claim the purpose of anything can only be validated if it is a requirement. That's dishonest,argumentation even for you.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  5. #365
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: After DOMA, gay couples still would not receive many federal benefits. [W:345]

    Quote Originally Posted by HoongLoong View Post
    CC, Seems like you don't understand the definition of normal.Let me explain it to you. Something normal would be something that would not be considered disordered or something natural. Like CANCER, homosexuals are not normal, they fall into the category of being "disordered" in that they like CANCER are outside NORMALITY. Homosexuals are not NORMAL because like CANCER, homosexuals simply exist.
    You are incorrect. It has been proven that homosexuality is normal and not disordered. This fact has been around for quite some time. Your refusal to accept this doesn't change the reality of it.

    Homosexuals differ from NORMALS because NORMALS can PROCREATE .....unless in their category, the subset are ABNORMAL because of some physical defect. So Homosexuals are by definition different fro NORMALS because their union CANNOT by NATURE result in PROCREATION. Thus the Homosexuals do NOT meet the first of your criteria.....i.e., Homosexuals are NOT like the rest of us NORMALS.
    Homosexuals CAN procreate. If the equipment works, procreation can happen. Your definition of normal fits homosexuals perfectly.

    Your second criteria of what is NORMAL excludes the homosexuals because NORMAL people and their UNION has the POSSIBILITY of a very important function, The PRIMARY IMPERATIVE of NATURE, i.e. PROCREATION.
    This is the same as your first comment. Homosexuals can and do procreate. There are plenty of heterosexuals who can't or don't. Heterosexual unions too.

    The homosexuals, and their UNION cannot possibly result in PROCREATION......a VASTLY DIFFERENT consideration of these two obviously disparate UNIONS. In other words, Homosexuals cannot even perform the POSSIBILITY of the essential act of the NORMAL and NATURAL result of a UNION.

    The term for this UNION.....for NORMAL and NATURAL UNIONS is the word MARRIAGE.
    Since procreation is not a requirement for marriage... nor is the POSSIBILITY of procreation a requirement for marriage, your argument completely fails.

    Since the Homosexuals, the Unnatural, The Abnormals, are the POLAR OPPOSITES of the Normals, Homosexual MARRIAGE is a fantasy in the minds of only the Homosexuals and their enablers, the Liberals.
    This has already been proven incorrect. Repeating it doesn't help you.

    Now YOU know.......but won't accept because you are what you are.
    I understand that you won't accept the facts of this matter because of what YOU are, but I'll keep posting them just to make sure that no one considers your position valid.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #366
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: After DOMA, gay couples still would not receive many federal benefits. [W:345]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I think everyone knows what normal means and it doesn't mean people who are homosexual. It doesn't mean people who are left handed. It doesn't mean people who are color blind.
    Ah. So you are talking statistical.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #367
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    After DOMA, gay couples still would not receive many federal benefits. [W:345]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Ah. So you are talking statistical.
    nor·mal (nôrml)
    adj.
    1. Conforming with, adhering to, or constituting a norm, standard, pattern, level, or type; typical: normal room temperature; one's normal weight; normal diplomatic relations.
    2. Biology Functioning or occurring in a natural way; lacking observable abnormalities or deficiencies.
    3. Abbr. n or N Chemistry
    a. Designating a solution having one gram equivalent weight of solute per liter of solution.
    b. Designating an aliphatic hydrocarbon having a straight and unbranched chain of carbon atoms.
    4. Mathematics
    a. Being at right angles; perpendicular.
    b. Perpendicular to the direction of a tangent line to a curve or a tangent plane to a surface.
    5.
    a. Relating to or characterized by average intelligence or development.
    b. Free from mental illness; sane.
    n.
    1. Something normal; the standard: scored close to the normal.
    2. The usual or expected state, form, amount, or degree.
    3.
    a. Correspondence to a norm.
    b. An average.
    4. Mathematics A perpendicular, especially a perpendicular to a line tangent to a plane curve or to a plane tangent to a space curve.
    [Middle English, from Late Latin normlis, from Latin, made according to the square, from norma, carpenter's square; see gn- in Indo-European roots.]
    normal·ly adv.

    Normal. It is what it is and it isn't homosexuality.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  8. #368
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    07-19-14 @ 03:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,109

    Re: After DOMA, gay couples still would not receive many federal benefits. [W:345]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    FACTS


    legal marriage has ZERO to do with the following:
    Religion
    Procreation

    Gay Marriage was around BC
    So has CANCER. The mere existence of something does not mean it is NOT AN ABERRATION from the NORMAL, or NATURAL.

  9. #369
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: After DOMA, gay couples still would not receive many federal benefits. [W:345]

    Quote Originally Posted by HoongLoong View Post
    So has CANCER. The mere existence of something does not mean it is NOT AN ABERRATION from the NORMAL, or NATURAL.
    thanks for your opinion but its meaningless to legal marriage and facts
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #370
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: After DOMA, gay couples still would not receive many federal benefits. [W:345]

    this question was totally dodged earlier but is there anybody that is ok with these examples or that thinks when these issues are pushed to the courts they will find it ok?

    for example im married to my wife in PA and we are granted all the state and federal rights.

    she is traveling in SC and gets in a car accident, is it right for them not to notify me to make medical decisions if that state does recognize my marriage?
    what if she dies? can they just not tell me since they dont see us as married?
    of if i go there do i not have visitation rights since in that state we arent married?
    etc etc etc

    can she be forced to testify against me in that state?
    can she legally cheat in that state?
    Can my company deny me and my wife benefits if its HQ is in NC
    Can my insurance deny my wife coverage or benefits if its out of a state

    etc etc etc

    with the fall of doma its examples and reality like this that will eventually push the issues and equality will happen in every state.

    37 pages and no opposes of equal gay rights have any answers or opinions on this? not shocked and very telling
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •