Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 394

Thread: After DOMA, gay couples still would not receive many federal benefits. [W:345]

  1. #341
    Guru
    brothern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,170
    Blog Entries
    8

    re: After DOMA, gay couples still would not receive many federal benefits. [W:345]

    Quote Originally Posted by HoongLoong View Post
    MY RESPONSE:

    To a twisted mind anything might sound like a "bad cock" joke. It so happens that HOONG LOONG in Chinese means RED DRAGON. And, before you immerse yourself into any addirtional fantasies, it simply is a colorful pseudonym and nothing more.

    If you happen to be ignorant of NATURE's first imperative being PROCREATION than you sound even more mentally deficient (and unnatural) than you already are. It is only NATURAL that different species in NATURE want to propagate their own species......even the gays, as unnatural as cancer, want to propagate their own unnatural selves.
    Nature isn't a sentient being that cares about what happens to a species, in contrast to what you seem to believe. In addition, there are many species that do not reproduce, including species that fall into animal taxonomies such as hydras, jellies, flatworms and bacteria. If procreation were to stop tomorrow, biological life would go on. Kinda impossible to call "procreation" an imperative when it's not even necessary for natural life.

    Really, what seems to be happening is that you seem to believe that you have a right to judge other people, and are using "natural" arguments to justify you being able to attack them. Do you feel you have that right? If so, where have you earned this right to be a bigot?

  2. #342
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    re: After DOMA, gay couples still would not receive many federal benefits. [W:345]

    Quote Originally Posted by HoongLoong View Post
    I don't particularly care to consider Papa Bull's interchange with Captain Courtesy, but to me Captain Courtesy has an unmistakable liberal bias from the many comments I have read.
    And you seem to have an extreme conservative bias. Neither of which is really relevant.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #343
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    re: After DOMA, gay couples still would not receive many federal benefits. [W:345]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Someone has their own personal definition of "normal", I see. The good ol', everything is "normal" if it's "normal" for me disingenuous schtick. Always good fun that one.
    Seems like you don't understand the definition of normal. Here let me explain it to you. Something normal would something that would not be considered disordered or something natural. Homosexuality fits in both. There. Now you know.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #344
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    re: After DOMA, gay couples still would not receive many federal benefits. [W:345]

    Quote Originally Posted by HoongLoong View Post
    CC, Your exaggerated Liberal bias is clearly on display if you deny the following as you just did:

    "Words have meaning. When one takes NATURE's first imperative, i.e. PROCREATION, and the liberals and homosexuals crap on that. Then, take millenia's primary definition of the word "MARRIAGE" as the official definition of the union between MAN and WOMAN .....and the liberals and homosexuals outrageously for their own agenda transform the meaning of the word MARRIAGE"...... the obvious conclusion is abundantly clear.
    And your extreme conservative bias and non-objective view of this is clearly on display. Procreation is not a requirement for marriage. Unless you can prove that it is, using it as a legal definition is a failed argument. Further, from a philosophical standpoint, claiming that procreation is THE purpose for marriage is both wrong factually and logically, Marriage has always been about responsibility, especially towards children, NOT procreation. Gay unions fit that category, perfectly. And, using the "that's how things have always been" argument is an appeal to tradition logical fallacy. So, yes... the conclusion is clear, and the conclusion is that you are wrong.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #345
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    re: After DOMA, gay couples still would not receive many federal benefits. [W:345]

    Moderator's Warning:
    After DOMA, gay couples still would not receive many federal benefits. [W:345]People need to cease the personal attacks. Some consequences have already been levied. More will be if this continues.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #346
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: After DOMA, gay couples still would not receive many federal benefits. [W:345]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    And your extreme conservative bias and non-objective view of this is clearly on display. Procreation is not a requirement for marriage. Unless you can prove that it is, using it as a legal definition is a failed argument. Further, from a philosophical standpoint, claiming that procreation is THE purpose for marriage is both wrong factually and logically, Marriage has always been about responsibility, especially towards children, NOT procreation. Gay unions fit that category, perfectly. And, using the "that's how things have always been" argument is an appeal to tradition logical fallacy. So, yes... the conclusion is clear, and the conclusion is that you are wrong.
    Marriage has always been about property, not responsibility. The responsibility for children lies with the parents, whether married or not...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  7. #347
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    07-19-14 @ 03:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,109

    Re: After DOMA, gay couples still would not receive many federal benefits. [W:345]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    And you seem to have an extreme conservative bias. Neither of which is really relevant.
    It matters when one is a moderator.

  8. #348
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    07-19-14 @ 03:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,109

    Re: After DOMA, gay couples still would not receive many federal benefits. [W:345]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    And your extreme conservative bias and non-objective view of this is clearly on display. Procreation is not a requirement for marriage. Unless you can prove that it is, using it as a legal definition is a failed argument. Further, from a philosophical standpoint, claiming that procreation is THE purpose for marriage is both wrong factually and logically, Marriage has always been about responsibility, especially towards children, NOT procreation. Gay unions fit that category, perfectly. And, using the "that's how things have always been" argument is an appeal to tradition logical fallacy. So, yes... the conclusion is clear, and the conclusion is that you are wrong.
    CC, Children exist as a RESULT of PROCREATION.......CHILDREN & PROCREATION are INEXTRICABLY BOUND TOGETHER.

    Homosexuality and the union of these unnaturals, and abnormals that do not have any connection to PROCREATION, and the RESULT of PROCREATION is on its face RIDICULOUS !!!

    You, and your category of individuals (with their enabling liberals) may want to persist in furthering your agenda and of course that is permissible with the freedom of speech.
    Last edited by HoongLoong; 07-05-13 at 04:06 PM.

  9. #349
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    After DOMA, gay couples still would not receive many federal benefits. [W:345]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Seems like you don't understand the definition of normal. Here let me explain it to you. Something normal would something that would not be considered disordered or something natural. Homosexuality fits in both. There. Now you know.
    Heterosexuality is normal. So is having one head instead of two. So is sleeping at night and working by day. Despite the fact that deviations from these norms exist, neither having one head nor wanting to engage in sex with someone who shares the same sex organs you do is normal.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  10. #350
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: After DOMA, gay couples still would not receive many federal benefits. [W:345]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Heterosexuality is normal. So is having one head instead of two. So is sleeping at night and working by day. Despite the fact that deviations from these norms exist, neither having one head nor wanting to engage in sex with someone who shares the same sex organs you do is normal.
    And Albert Einstein's genius is normal!

    Oh never mind

Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •