Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 394

Thread: After DOMA, gay couples still would not receive many federal benefits. [W:345]

  1. #321
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    re: After DOMA, gay couples still would not receive many federal benefits. [W:345]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Seems I'm not the only one that needs to be more clear in what they're posting in order to make sure people don't get the wrong impression, then.
    Which is why it is always good to ask if something seems to be "off".
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #322
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    re: After DOMA, gay couples still would not receive many federal benefits. [W:345]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Which is why it is always good to ask if something seems to be "off".
    Just because what you said wasn't what you meant doesn't mean I should have known that... "Well, gee, you should have asked instead of assuming what I said was what I meant since what I said wasn't really what I meant." OKeedokee. But I get it.... It's my fault for accepting what you said at face value; not your fault for saying something that sounded so queer. I used to think you were a centrist, but that sort of thing tells me you're really a lefty.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  3. #323
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    re: After DOMA, gay couples still would not receive many federal benefits. [W:345]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Just because what you said wasn't what you meant doesn't mean I should have known that... "Well, gee, you should have asked instead of assuming what I said was what I meant since what I said wasn't really what I meant." OKeedokee. But I get it.... It's my fault for accepting what you said at face value; not your fault for saying something that sounded so queer. I used to think you were a centrist, but that sort of thing tells me you're really a lefty.
    You have many different ways to respond to things like you saw. You made a choice. That IS your responsibility.

    Now, this kind of derailing is not appropriate, so I am stepping back from it.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #324
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    re: After DOMA, gay couples still would not receive many federal benefits. [W:345]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    You have many different ways to respond to things like you saw. You made a choice. That IS your responsibility.

    Now, this kind of derailing is not appropriate, so I am stepping back from it.

    Well, you did make an issue out of it. But I think stepping back is probably a smart choice for you. Cheers.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  5. #325
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,719

    re: After DOMA, gay couples still would not receive many federal benefits. [W:345]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Sorry you got all bent out of shape over this, Captain. I only meant to say that it's something people should think about before claiming God-knowledge superiority because it's something damned near all psychotics do.... talk to God. Not saying your psychotic. Just saying it's a really strange thing to hear people saying given that if they're truly sane they should know 2 things. 1), they don't really know God all that well. 2), they don't know how much anyone else knows about God, either.

    But take it for what it's worth. Claims to know God more than other people are strange. People who aren't pscyhotic can certainly say things like that. But people who are psychotic, do, too. Just sayin'.
    Members of the KKK say things about homosexuals that are the same things that you say about homosexuals. It's just strange that you use the same arguments. Just sayin.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #326
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    After DOMA, gay couples still would not receive many federal benefits.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Members of the KKK say things about homosexuals that are the same things that you say about homosexuals. It's just strange that you use the same arguments. Just sayin.
    Even the KKK can't be wrong all the time. The law of averages virtually guarantees it even if being right is pure accident. I imagine even you would have to be right a out something g eventually, too. Strange, sure. But true.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  7. #327
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    re: After DOMA, gay couples still would not receive many federal benefits. [W:345]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Tim, Tim, Tim. We've been over this many times. Homosexuality has been proven to be normal. Just because you don't accept it as such, just because you refuse to acknowledge the designations of all of the world's major psychological, medical, and scientific groups that it is, doesn't alter that it IS.




    Not many people. People like you who don't like the results that the studies reveal.


    LOL, homosexuality is proven to be normal.. Well then, what was I thinking?


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  8. #328
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    07-19-14 @ 03:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,109

    re: After DOMA, gay couples still would not receive many federal benefits. [W:345]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    LOL, homosexuality is proven to be normal.. Well then, what was I thinking?


    Tim-
    Homosexuality is NOT normal. It is an aberration just as CANCER is a negative aberration. CANCER is NOT "normal" just because a minority of the general population have it ....... and a vocal minority of homos with the usually misguided libbers have made it a national issue. Given that a significant number of the population of USA are kind people and want to be "nice" ....plus the fact that they think with their "heart" instead of the BRAIN ......we have the present tumult where the homo and libber fantasy is becoming a reality.


    Words have meaning. When one takes NATURE's first imperative, i.e. PROCREATION, and the libbers and homos crap on that. Then, take millenia's primary definition of the word "MARRIAGE" as the official definition of the union between MAN and WOMAN .....and the libbers and homos outrageously for their own agenda transform the meaning of the word MARRIAGE, then it should be obvious even to a retarded 4 year chimpanzee with a frontal lobotomy that the libbers and homos are outrageously outaline.

  9. #329
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    re: After DOMA, gay couples still would not receive many federal benefits. [W:345]

    Quote Originally Posted by HoongLoong View Post
    Homosexuality is NOT normal. It is an aberration just as CANCER is a negative aberration. CANCER is NOT "normal" just because a minority of the general population have it ....... and a vocal minority of homos with the usually misguided libbers have made it a national issue. Given that a significant number of the population of USA are kind people and want to be "nice" ....plus the fact that they think with their "heart" instead of the BRAIN ......we have the present tumult where the homo and libber fantasy is becoming a reality.


    Words have meaning. When one takes NATURE's first imperative, i.e. PROCREATION, and the libbers and homos crap on that. Then, take millenia's primary definition of the word "MARRIAGE" as the official definition of the union between MAN and WOMAN .....and the libbers and homos outrageously for their own agenda transform the meaning of the word MARRIAGE, then it should be obvious even to a retarded 4 year chimpanzee with a frontal lobotomy that the libbers and homos are outrageously outaline.
    This, of course, has no basis in reality. Homosexuality has been proven to be normal. It is nothing but the rant of someone who does not understand the information that surrounds this topic, or the rant of someone who refuses to understand information that surrounds this topic. Either way, there is nothing of substance in the rant.
    Last edited by CaptainCourtesy; 07-05-13 at 05:52 AM.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #330
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    re: After DOMA, gay couples still would not receive many federal benefits. [W:345]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    LOL, homosexuality is proven to be normal.. Well then, what was I thinking?


    Tim-
    I'm glad we agree.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •