Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 539

Thread: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

  1. #511
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    well who is the wiser, the court, or the man who is the father of the constitution.
    Um even the founding fathers realized the constitution wasn't perfect and implemented a way so it can be changed. Again you are out of your league.

  2. #512
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by Verthaine View Post
    Who is still alive today to deal with it?
    A judge or the father the constitution?

    If you have means of contacting a 200 year plus dead founding father to clarify what is meant in the constitution please share with the rest of us.
    tell me what does among mean for the USSC?...it means....... inside the states

    what does among mean to the founders?...it means between the several states. or its members.

    what does among mean by a dictionary?

    a·mong
    /əˈməNG/
    Preposition

    Surrounded by; in the company of.
    Being a member or members of (a larger set): "he was among the first 29 students enrolled".



    the court's definition of among , can change from court to court, but the meaning of the constitution by its words dont.

    Madison on commerce.

    Article 1, Section 8, Clause 3 (Commerce)
    James Madison, Federalist, no. 42, 283--85
    22 Jan. 1788

    The defect of power in the existing confederacy, to regulate the commerce between its several members, is in the number of those which have been clearly pointed out by experience.

    Madison is clear under the articles of confederation commerce has a defect, this is why commerce under the constitution was turned over the federal government to regulate commerce AMONG the several states...never inside them

  3. #513
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Um even the founding fathers realized the constitution wasn't perfect and implemented a way so it can be changed. Again you are out of your league.
    well wrong road your taking, if the text is changed the meaning will change,....i started out by saying the court changes the meaning, but if the text does not change then that meaning of coarse stays the same.

    but the court as in its mind, it has the ability to reinterpret words for their own means.

    among for them is ..inside

    among for the founders ...between

  4. #514
    Guru
    Verthaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,044

    Re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    tell me what does among mean for the USSC?...it means....... inside the states

    what does among mean to the founders?...it means between the several states. or its members.

    what does among mean by a dictionary?


    a·mong
    /əˈməNG/
    Preposition

    Surrounded by; in the company of.
    Being a member or members of (a larger set): "he was among the first 29 students enrolled".



    the court's definition of among , can change from court to court, but the meaning of the constitution by its words dont.

    Madison on commerce.

    Article 1, Section 8, Clause 3 (Commerce)
    James Madison, Federalist, no. 42, 283--85
    22 Jan. 1788

    The defect of power in the existing confederacy, to regulate the commerce between its several members, is in the number of those which have been clearly pointed out by experience.

    Madison is clear under the articles of confederation commerce has a defect, this is why commerce under the constitution was turned over the federal government to regulate commerce AMONG the several states...never inside them
    Well then,Madison should get his lazy ass out of the grave and do something about it.
    Because people whining about it on some political forum has never changed a damn thing.

    Congratulations Ernst you're right.Now tell me what you just changed in Reality?

  5. #515
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by Verthaine View Post
    Well then,Madison should get his lazy ass out of the grave and do something about it.
    Because people whining about it on some political forum has never changed a damn thing.

    Congratulations Ernst you're right.Now tell me what you just changed in Reality?
    i believe you are not staying true to what is being said...

    all i have stated simply is, ...words have meanings, and the court has never been given the power to change the meanings of words,...but they have and it can change depending on the court..the way the wind blows.

    but the founders meanings will never change.... because they are written and explained by them.

  6. #516
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by Verthaine View Post
    Well then,Madison should get his lazy ass out of the grave and do something about it.
    Because people whining about it on some political forum has never changed a damn thing.

    Congratulations Ernst you're right.Now tell me what you just changed in Reality?
    Communication. It's all about the communication. So much of our politics is about ideas that whoever gets the message out the best gets to propagate their ideas the most. Another classic political tactic I've seen lately is the attempt to ridicule political opponents into silence, leaving their message as the only one to be heard.

    Good go, that was.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  7. #517
    Guru
    Verthaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,044

    Re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Communication. It's all about the communication. So much of our politics is about ideas that whoever gets the message out the best gets to propagate their ideas the most. Another classic political tactic I've seen lately is the attempt to ridicule political opponents into silence, leaving their message as the only one to be heard.

    Good go, that was.
    So in other words,it's business as usual in the world of politics.

    One can be right about something and still have it be meaningless unless the right people are getting suitcases full of cash....

  8. #518
    Guru
    Verthaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,044

    Re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    i believe you are not staying true to what is being said...

    all i have stated simply is, ...words have meanings, and the court has never been given the power to change the meanings of words,...but they have and it can change depending on the court..the way the wind blows.

    but the founders meanings will never change.... because they are written and explained by them.
    Did I disagree with you?
    I stated that you are correct.
    Now tell me what in Reality has changed just because you happen to be correct?

  9. #519
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by Verthaine View Post
    So in other words,it's business as usual in the world of politics.

    One can be right about something and still have it be meaningless unless the right people are getting suitcases full of cash....
    Business as usual, indeed. I said 2+2. You shout 7!
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  10. #520
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Communication. It's all about the communication. So much of our politics is about ideas that whoever gets the message out the best gets to propagate their ideas the most. Another classic political tactic I've seen lately is the attempt to ridicule political opponents into silence, leaving their message as the only one to be heard.

    Good go, that was.
    A perfect description of the rightwing noise machine.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •