Page 34 of 54 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 539

Thread: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

  1. #331
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    wrong, government has no authority in marriage, and government has no authority to control ones property.

    dont worry friend, i will get you turned around sooner of later....you will see the light of day!
    They do both. But the wrong here is to those discriminated against. Not the bigots in both arenas.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #332
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,331

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Sounds like sour grapes.
    Oh, so you DO want the givernment in the marriage biz? Read the Constitution lately?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #333
    Professor
    JoeTrumps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Memphis
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,566

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Nero and Elagabalus. Not exactly a historical secret. In fact, it is something Christians usually use to argue against same sex marriage because Nero was kind of a huge ass to Christians and he was allegedly into some pretty freaky stuff.
    and you think the actions of the two most demented roman emperors in history is GOOD for your argument?! Couldn't find a gay marriage in Caligula's closet? a pity

  4. #334
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,331

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Oooookay. Are you going to deny the Holocaust next? Historical revisionism tends to set off my gag reflex.
    Is that all you got?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #335
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Oh, so you DO want the givernment in the marriage biz? Read the Constitution lately?
    I said it wasn't the majorities business. The government just has to treat everyone's the same.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #336
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Just as bigots had to allow people they don't like to marry, bigots in business have to allow people they don't like to frequent their establishment.
    sorry you failed with this

    how can liberals.say this: is unconstitutional for a state government and its people to ban SSM, because states believe that SSM i will be harmful to the institution of marriage, ..while denying SS couples there rights.

    but in the same breath say.......its constitutional for the people and its state government, to ban discrimination becuase its is harmful to a person, .....while infringing on the rights of property owners?

  7. #337
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,122

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTrumps View Post
    and you think the actions of the two most demented roman emperors in history is GOOD for your argument?! Couldn't find a gay marriage in Caligula's closet? a pity
    Yeah...I think I just made that argument. The point was that same sex marriage has existed before. In fact it was Christian emperors who passed the first same sex marriage ban. So in a sense, this is a debate that has gone on as long as marriage has been codified by law.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  8. #338
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I said it wasn't the majorities business. The government just has to treat everyone's the same.
    thats right the government...not people or business.

  9. #339
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,122

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Is that all you got?
    Why would I need more?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  10. #340
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    sorry you failed with this

    how can liberals.say this: is unconstitutional for a state government and its people to ban SSM, because states believe that SSM i will be harmful to the institution of marriage, ..while denying SS couples there rights.

    but in the same breath say.......its constitutional for the people and its state government, to ban discrimination becuase its is harmful to a person, .....while infringing on the rights of property owners?
    It's clear you don't know what's being argued. You keep framing it wrong, trying to twist it into something not really argued. I argue it's not right nor legal to discriminate. That us consistent with both arguments. Read it slower. Take in what us actually being said.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 34 of 54 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •