Page 28 of 54 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 539

Thread: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

  1. #271
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,501

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cable View Post
    I would and do support all of the above, and I consider myself pretty darned conservative.

    Hitler rose to power with the aid of Progressive Socialists. You are welcome.
    Of course you support all of those things, after its all said and done it becomes the status quo.

    But wait... didn't you say that not discriminating against homosexuals correlates with the end of empires? So you don't really support it do you?

    Ahh yes, Hitler. Because the regime had the word socialist in its title you think that means they were some kind of libruls. Some of their economic policies had some left leaning characteristics, yes... however that isn't what they are remembered for now are they? If you look at the regime as a whole they are generally considered far right or as unique. Calling them progressives as some sort of "point" is just pathetic.

  2. #272
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Of course you support all of those things, after its all said and done it becomes the status quo.

    But wait... didn't you say that not discriminating against homosexuals correlates with the end of empires? So you don't really support it do you?

    Ahh yes, Hitler. Because the regime had the word socialist in its title you think that means they were some kind of libruls. Some of their economic policies had some left leaning characteristics, yes... however that isn't what they are remembered for now are they? If you look at the regime as a whole they are generally considered far right or as unique. Calling them progressives as some sort of "point" is just pathetic.
    He's right, you know.... they were "progressives". Granted, the progressives got duped by Hitler and came to regret it but it was with the progressives behind him that he came to power. After he got in power, of course, things went haywire, but you can't absolve progressive socialists entirely because they were the wind under Hitler's wings.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  3. #273
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cable View Post
    Thanks for your opinion.
    Um, religion cannot be rationalized, it is based on belief. That is not a matter of opinion. You cannot prove god exists, you can only believe it.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #274
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    racial boogie man land
    Last Seen
    11-20-17 @ 08:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,798

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Of course you support all of those things, after its all said and done it becomes the status quo.

    But wait... didn't you say that not discriminating against homosexuals correlates with the end of empires? So you don't really support it do you?

    Ahh yes, Hitler. Because the regime had the word socialist in its title you think that means they were some kind of libruls. Some of their economic policies had some left leaning characteristics, yes... however that isn't what they are remembered for now are they? If you look at the regime as a whole they are generally considered far right or as unique. Calling them progressives as some sort of "point" is just pathetic.
    Answer to first part: No.

    Answer to second part: What is far right? This? Nazi Party: "National Socialist German Workers' Party"
    You may be right. Perhaps I don't understand it.
    H.G. Wells, a strong Progressive said:
    “I am asking for a Liberal Fascisti.” It was also to Communism that “we shall have to turn—we outsiders, that is, the young people with foresight for enlightened Nazis; I am proposing that you consider the formation for a greater Communist Party; a western response to Russia.”

    Please, what am I missing?

  5. #275
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cable View Post
    I would and do support all of the above, and I consider myself pretty darned conservative.

    Hitler rose to power with the aid of Progressive Socialists. You are welcome.
    Oops....the Godwin law....you just lost the argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #276
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    racial boogie man land
    Last Seen
    11-20-17 @ 08:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,798

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Um, religion cannot be rationalized, it is based on belief. That is not a matter of opinion. You cannot prove god exists, you can only believe it.
    You can't handle the truth. Sorry, couldn't resist.

    There are many things we believe rationally that we can't prove. A belief in God can be quite rational. For me is quite rational. In fact to me not believing would be irrational based on my experience. If you personally can't come to that rational conclusion it isn't my problem.

  7. #277
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,501

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    He's right, you know.... they were "progressives". Granted, the progressives got duped by Hitler and came to regret it but it was with the progressives behind him that he came to power. After he got in power, of course, things went haywire, but you can't absolve progressive socialists entirely because they were the wind under Hitler's wings.
    Nazism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Nazism, or National Socialism (German: Nationalsozialismus, the first part pronounced as "Nazi"), is a variety of fascism that incorporates biological racism and antisemitism.[1] It was the ideology of the Nazi Party in Germany and related movements elsewhere.[2][3][4][5][6] Nazism developed from the influences of pan-Germanism, the far-right Völkisch German nationalist movement and the anti-communist Freikorps paramilitary culture which fought against the communists in post-World War I Germany.[7] It was designed to draw workers away from communism and into völkisch nationalism.[8] Major elements of Nazism have been described as far-right, such as allowing domination of society by people deemed racially superior, while purging society of people declared inferior, who were said to be a threat to national survival.[9][10] Both the Nazi Party and the Nazi-led state were organized under the Führer principle ("leader principle"), a pyramidal structure with the Führer - Adolf Hitler - at the top, who appointed subordinate leaders for all branches of the party and the state and whose orders had the force of law.[11]

    Nazism claimed that an Aryan master race was superior to all other races.[12] To maintain what it regarded as the purity and strength of the Aryan race, Nazis sought to exterminate Jews and Romani, and the physically and mentally disabled.[13] Other ethnic and social groups deemed "degenerate" or 'inferior' received exclusionary treatment, including homosexuals, blacks, Jehovah's Witnesses, slavs,[14][15] and political opponents.[13] The Nazis supported territorial expansionism. According to Nazi ideology, the gaining of Lebensraum ("living space") is a law of nature for all healthy and vigorous peoples of superior races — who, as they grow in population size and face overpopulation in their territory, expand their territory and displace peoples of inferior races.[16]

    Nazism rejected the Marxist concept of class struggle and instead promoted the idea of Volksgemeinschaft ("people's community"). Nazis wanted to overcome social divisions which they considered artificial; instead, all parts of the racially homogenous society should cooperate for national unity.[17] Nazism denounced both capitalism and communism for being associated with Jewish materialism.[18] Like other fascist movements, Nazism supported the outlawing of strikes by employees and lockouts by employers, because these were regarded as a threat to national unity.[19] Instead, the state controlled and approved wage and salary levels.[19]
    Does that really sound progressive? Really?

    I wouldn't go so far as to criticize the right because the Nazi animals had some ideological similarities... but if we're going to compare them to something lets be honest about what they were closest to.

  8. #278
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cable View Post
    You can't handle the truth. Sorry, couldn't resist.

    There are many things we believe rationally that we can't prove. A belief in God can be quite rational. For me is quite rational. In fact to me not believing would be irrational based on my experience. If you personally can't come to that rational conclusion it isn't my problem.
    Um, no one can come up with a proof of the existence of any god....that is what makes it a belief.

    You are using the term rational without understanding it's meaning.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #279
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Nazism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Does that really sound progressive? Really?
    Where it ended up isn't where it began, Verax. It might require more intellectual honesty than you're willing to sacrifice to admit it, but Hitler came to power under the progressive socialist wing and by espousing progressive socialist ideals. As I said before, it would be wrong to assert that Hitler's regime was some inevitable course of progressive socialism, but it's also wrong to deny that's where it started.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  10. #280
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Where it ended up isn't where it began, Verax. It might require more intellectual honesty than you're willing to sacrifice to admit it, but Hitler came to power under the progressive socialist wing and by espousing progressive socialist ideals. As I said before, it would be wrong to assert that Hitler's regime was some inevitable course of progressive socialism, but it's also wrong to deny that's where it started.
    Um, no, fascism was based upon corporatism (state/industrialism combine) and the NAZI party drew from the rw and military/police elements of German society. NAZI's were killing German socialists in the streets before 1932 and did not stop doing so until '45.

    But hey, keep on with the Godwin way...
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Page 28 of 54 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •