Page 27 of 54 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 539

Thread: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

  1. #261
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cable View Post
    At the risk of stating the obvious, this is a relative statement. The fact remains that the Truth may more may not lie within your conventions.
    All beliefs are personal, even if they are shared by groups. Which makes all beliefs "relative".

    The truth is not known truly by anyone on Earth, at least not in regards to a deity or afterlife. Many believe they know, but they cannot actually know.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  2. #262
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,529

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cable View Post
    What is "Progress" ?
    What you describe as a battle for progress through history between Progressives and Conservatives seems to me to be simply the Truth finding it's equilibrium. The nature of things in this world is always to return to the Truth.
    If you want to learn something from history, study the points in a given societies rise and fall and look where homosexuality becomes an accepted norm in the progress of that state.

    Conservatives do tend to fight against Tyranny, while Progressives tend to promote Tyranny through the consolidation of power to the Government, although in most cases it may be inadvertent. But this is off topic.
    Progress is ending slavery, the civil rights act, suffrage, ending discrimination against gays, all these conservatives have fought tooth and nail over continuing.

    I do salute you proud conservative watch guard, for keeping on eye on the big bad gubmint that's always after us good folk, fight the good fight soldier!

  3. #263
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cable View Post
    I do not believe there is such a thing as secular rights. It implies the ability to divorce our understanding of good from God, the source.
    Well that is one way to remove yourself from the discussion of civil law.

    This was a discussion about same sex CIVIL marriage, but you and wolf want to turn it into a debate about religion.

    You cannot have a RATIONAL debate involving religion, religion is not rational.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #264
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    10-27-13 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,229

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    There is a Bible that is interpreted many different ways, by many different denominations of Christianity, about 41000 in fact, and in fact many different Christians within those denominations have different interpretations of the Bible.
    Interesting..but old news..

    Show me a quote from the current bible that says two men/women marrying is OK!!

  5. #265
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    Interesting..but old news..

    Show me a quote from the current bible that says two men/women marrying is OK!!
    Show me a quote from the current Bible that says a woman should be held as an equal to her husband, allowed to divorce him whenever she wants. Show me a quote from the Bible that says that two people of different races marrying is okay. Show me a quote from the Bible that says a woman should be allowed to claim rape if she says no to sex with her husband.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  6. #266
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    10-27-13 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,229

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Show me a quote from the current Bible that says a woman should be held as an equal to her husband, allowed to divorce him whenever she wants. Show me a quote from the Bible that says that two people of different races marrying is okay. Show me a quote from the Bible that says a woman should be allowed to claim rape if she says no to sex with her husband.
    That's a fair post..but we are talking about homosexuality...

  7. #267
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    That's a fair post..but we are talking about homosexuality...
    Yes we are. But if you are discussing your problem with churches that accept homosexuality as not being a sin and still following the Bible, and how this is somehow against Christianity, then you need to show where other churches who claim Christianity but don't follow every single part of the Bible also shouldn't be called Christians, or as you said, should make their own Bible.

    I guarantee this would go bad for you, since most denominations do not follow what the Bible says exactly due to differences in interpretations.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  8. #268
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    racial boogie man land
    Last Seen
    11-20-17 @ 08:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,798

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Progress is ending slavery, the civil rights act, suffrage, ending discrimination against gays, all these conservatives have fought tooth and nail over continuing.
    I do salute you proud conservative watch guard, for keeping on eye on the big bad gubmint that's always after us good folk, fight the good fight soldier!
    I would and do support all of the above, and I consider myself pretty darned conservative.

    Hitler rose to power with the aid of Progressive Socialists. You are welcome.

  9. #269
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    racial boogie man land
    Last Seen
    11-20-17 @ 08:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,798

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    ...... but you and wolf want to turn it into a debate about religion.

    You cannot have a RATIONAL debate involving religion, religion is not rational.
    Thanks for your opinion.

  10. #270
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    racial boogie man land
    Last Seen
    11-20-17 @ 08:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,798

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Yes we are. But if you are discussing your problem with churches that accept homosexuality as not being a sin and still following the Bible, and how this is somehow against Christianity, then you need to show where other churches who claim Christianity but don't follow every single part of the Bible also shouldn't be called Christians, or as you said, should make their own Bible.

    I guarantee this would go bad for you, since most denominations do not follow what the Bible says exactly due to differences in interpretations.
    "Christian" is a personal thing, not a group thing. That is my opinion.

Page 27 of 54 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •