Page 19 of 54 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 539

Thread: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

  1. #181
    Guru
    Verthaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,044

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    What's wrong with your argument is that marriage is between a man and a woman,
    Says who?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    No one wanted to change that.
    Says who?Do you speak for everyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    They wanted to ban certain marriages, and did for a while with the help of the courts. They wanted to narrow the definition of marriage and limit it to within races. That was an attack on the definition of marriage.
    Who is this "They" you are talking about?This kind of sound like some "tinfoil hat' bs to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Marriage between a man and a woman has been attacked again, and again aided by the courts.
    I'm married to a woman.Do you care to explain to me how me and my wife of many years are being "attacked"?

  2. #182
    Guru
    Verthaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,044

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I'm pretty sure that those who have opposition to SSM is primarily due to their bigoted views of homosexuals.
    Dude,that's not cool.If that is your OPINION,then that is your OPINION.Over generalizing like this is not pretty no matter what political lean does it.

  3. #183
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,037

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    See, now you are just making things up. That's a bad argument
    Legally and even socially, marriage accommodates two people of the same sex. There is no need to make things up because it does. You don't agree, then show me a rational argument why legally marriage does not allow for two people of the same sex. This would mean showing laws that are gender specific in the US and would prevent a woman from becoming another woman's spouse. Show me a rational argument why socially marriage does not allow for two people of the same sex. This means that showing men that most people would never accept a man being in love and in a relationship with another man.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  4. #184
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    racial boogie man land
    Last Seen
    11-20-17 @ 08:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,798

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    LoL. Its funny because it actually works as a rebuttal.

    History repeats itself, same old story over and over. Every time we make progress the conservatives roll around in fits claiming its the end of the world and its wrong, wrong, wrong!!! 50 years later its the status quo and the conservatives say they were the ones fighting against tyranny, haha.
    What is "Progress" ?
    What you describe as a battle for progress through history between Progressives and Conservatives seems to me to be simply the Truth finding it's equilibrium. The nature of things in this world is always to return to the Truth.
    If you want to learn something from history, study the points in a given societies rise and fall and look where homosexuality becomes an accepted norm in the progress of that state.

    Conservatives do tend to fight against Tyranny, while Progressives tend to promote Tyranny through the consolidation of power to the Government, although in most cases it may be inadvertent. But this is off topic.

  5. #185
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cable View Post
    Conservatives do tend to fight against Tyranny, while Progressives tend to promote Tyranny through the consolidation of power to the Government, although in most cases it may be inadvertent. But this is off topic.
    and extremely silly. Don't forget that.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  6. #186
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by Verthaine View Post
    Dude,that's not cool.If that is your OPINION,then that is your OPINION.Over generalizing like this is not pretty no matter what political lean does it.
    I know, it is terrible of me to suggest in any way shape or manner that discrimination towards homosexuals....could be explained by bigotry!


    The vapors!.... where are the smelling salts?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #187
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    racial boogie man land
    Last Seen
    11-20-17 @ 08:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,798

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    and extremely silly. Don't forget that.
    The saving grace is that your and my silly opinions hurt not the Truth. It isn't reliant on either for it's survival.

  8. #188
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    10-27-13 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,229

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I know, it is terrible of me to suggest in any way shape or manner that discrimination towards homosexuals....could be explained by bigotry!


    The vapors!.... where are the smelling salts?!?
    "The mind of a bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it, the more it will contract."

    But having said that..are not gay people Bigots for not accepting the Ant-Gay point of view??

  9. #189
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    "The mind of a bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it, the more it will contract."

    But having said that..are not gay people Bigots for not accepting the Ant-Gay point of view??
    Nobody is attempting to suppress the rights of "anti-gay" people. That's the ultimate reason you have a losing argument: two dudes getting married does not negatively impact you or society in any way. Your personal moral disapproval is not sufficient grounds to deny rights to another person. There's a reason I never got to vote my approval or disapproval of your marriage choice.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #190
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    racial boogie man land
    Last Seen
    11-20-17 @ 08:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,798

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I know, it is terrible of me to suggest in any way shape or manner that discrimination towards homosexuals....could be explained by bigotry!

    The vapors!.... where are the smelling salts?!?
    Certainly some could be explained thus, but to insinuate this on every dissenting opinion would be, well, terrible.

Page 19 of 54 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •