Page 16 of 54 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 539

Thread: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

  1. #151
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    They are absolutely living in sin, I don't see how people can say that they aren't Biblically and then falsely rationalize that it isn't a sin because Jesus didn't say it directly.

    (NASB version of the Bible)





    Both come from the New Testament. The old Testament also teaches that homosexual sex is a sin. The Bible goes so far as to say that homosexuality is of a depraved mind, a form of sexual immorality, and those that practice it and do not repent will spend their eternity in hell. It is absolutely not permissible.

    Far too many "Christians" are willfully deceived in their theology because they want to "give hearty approval to those who practice them" out of our sinful natures. Homosexual sex is a sin, it's a serious sin, and homosexuals that do not repent will go to hell for eternity. That is Biblical fact. I think, as Christians, if we love everyone and homosexuals we should accept the truth and warn them of their fate. It is not loving to idly sit by and not warn someone of their eternal hell or to deceive ourselves in thinking that it won't happen when clearly that is what the Bible says.
    Well aren't you just a ray of sunshine. Not that I would want to be around that kind of God. Good message. Repent or burn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  2. #152
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,747

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Welcome to the 50% divorce rate. Enjoy your alimony.
    The divorce rate was high BEFORE gays began asking for equal treatment. So, who you gonna blame divorce on now?
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  3. #153
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California

    Gay divorce court reality show. I can see it now. Two middle-aged queens clawing each others eyes out over who gets to keep Princess, the pink poodle.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  4. #154
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    SAN FRANCISCO — Less than 24 hours after California started issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples, lawyers for the sponsors of the state's gay marriage ban filed an emergency motion Saturday asking the U.S. Supreme Court to stop the weddings being performed in San Francisco.

    Attorneys with the Arizona-based Alliance Defending Freedom claim in the petition that the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals acted prematurely and unfairly on Friday when it allowed gay marriage to resume. The court lifted a hold it had placed on same-sex unions while a lawsuit challenging the ban made its way to and through the Supreme Court.

    "The Ninth Circuit's June 28, 2013 Order purporting to dissolve the stay...is the latest in a long line of judicial irregularities that have unfairly thwarted Petitioners' defense of California's marriage amendment," the paperwork states. "Failing to correct the appellate court's actions threatens to undermine the public's confidence in its legal system."

    Alliance Defending Freedom Senior Counsel Austin Nimocks said the Supreme Court's consideration of the case is not done yet because his clients still have 22 days to ask the justices to reconsider the 5-4 decision announced Wednesday.

    The justices said Proposition 8's backers didn't have legal authority to defend the ban after California's governor and attorney general declined to do so. Under Supreme Court rules, the losing side in a legal dispute has 25 days to request a rehearing.

    While such requests are almost never granted, the high court said that it wouldn't finalize its judgment in the case at least until after that waiting period elapsed. The San Francisco-based appeals court had said when it imposed the stay that it would remain in place until the Supreme Court issued its final disposition, according to Nimocks.

    "Everyone on all sides of the marriage debate should agree that the legal process must be followed," Nimocks said. "On Friday, the 9th Circuit acted contrary to its own order without explanation."

    Many legal experts who had anticipated such a last-ditch effort by gay marriage opponents said Friday that it was unlikely to succeed because the 9th Circuit has independent authority over its own orders, in this case its 2010 stay.

    While the ban's backers can still ask the Supreme Court for a rehearing, the 25-day waiting period is not binding on lower federal courts, Vikram Amar, a constitutional law professor with the University of California, Davis law school, said.


    "As a matter of practice, most lower federal courts wait to act," Amar said. "But there is nothing that limits them from acting sooner. It was within the 9th Circuit's power to do what it did."

    Proposition 8 Proponents Ask Supreme Court To Halt California Gay Marriages




    This is just stupid, SCOTUS tossed the pro 8 backers argument because they had no standing.......and now this AZ group thinks it has a greater standing?

    RW crAZies from AZ....

    Facepalm...
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #155
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,799

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    An emergency motion to stop dudes from getting married. It's a ****ing emergency to these bigots now.

    And since when is taking action after the final outcome of a Supreme Court decision a "judicial irregularity?" How desperate do you have to be to twist your own beliefs that far?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #156
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    The divorce rate was high BEFORE gays began asking for equal treatment. So, who you gonna blame divorce on now?
    The same people I always have: opponents to manditory comprehensive personal and financial pre-marital counseling.

  7. #157
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,799

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    The same people I always have: opponents to manditory comprehensive personal and financial pre-marital counseling.
    So, literally everyone except yourself. Because I've never seen any other person support this ridiculous intrusion.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #158
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    You don't have a clue, do you? You got your way, and people that don't agree with you are bigots.
    I absolutely do....and it doesn't matter the outcome....you are either a bigot or you aren't. If you believe its ok to deny people's fundamental rights, whether it be based on race, sexual orientation or other....yes....you are 100% a bigot. People who were against inter-racial marriage thought that they were morally superior because they disagreed with the mixing of the races. The anti-marriage equality folk that are against it are in the same boat. Sorry if it hurts....but the truth is the truth.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  9. #159
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    i'm in awe of this knowledge you have... how did you come about knowing the evil inner workings of the church?... have you been to services?
    well, as a Mormon myself I know quite a bit about the Mormon church and I'm unaware of these "wink and a nod" marching orders...I don't go to regular services any longer, but i'll ask my neighbor about these nefarious activities you claim to have knowledge of... he's a bishop.

    no, the Mormon church did not run any ads.. not a single one.
    the opposition did run an ad attacking the church , though... a very deceitful ad that you have chosen not to decry.( imagine that)


    when decrying lies, propaganda, and deceit, it's wise not to propagandize using lies and deceit yourself.....don't defend or support lies and deceit , even when they benefit you or your agenda.

    Sorry....but you are either outright lying to protect the Mormon church or you don't have a clue. Yes, I grew up Mormon and I am not anti-Mormon. I have a lot of friends who are still practicing Mormon. But because of my own history and my many friends....I know full well how the Mormon church operates. The Mormon church always puts pressure on its members to act in ways that the Mormon church itself cannot and still keep its non-profit religious status. But anyone who has any knowledge of the Mormon church knows how they operate. They absolutely ran ads....albeit under the guise of their "individual members".

    I have many practicing Mormon friends that themselves are embarrassed at the lying and deceit that the Mormon church engaged in during the prop H8 campaign. The Mormon church should be ashamed...and I think in ways they are. The Mormon church is already trying to reconcile and I think you will see more of this in the next several years....but you cannot lie and claim to represent a "Christian" lifestyle. the Mormon church engaged in a vicious and vile campaign...and Thank God.....prop H8 is now dead.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  10. #160
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    So, literally everyone except yourself.
    In fact I am my own enemy #1.

    I wanted to do this counseling before I got married, but she didn't. I should have left the relationship, but I went along, and years later we divorced. My divorce is as much my fault as it is hers because I should have stood by what I knew was the right thing to do. If she was going to stand firm on not participating in pre-marital counseling then we should have never married, to then make children and divorce.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Because I've never seen any other person support this ridiculous intrusion.
    There's a lot of us out there....

    Four Things to Talk About Before MarriageThe success rate is higher when you agree on these four areas.
    from daveramsey.com on 20 Jun 2012

    ai_116247.jpg

    When you’re starry-eyed and in love, it’s easy to overlook some of the important questions to ask before you say, “I do.” But the truth is, if you really love this person, you’ll be willing to put in some hard work on the front end to create a game plan for life.

    ~snip~

    Marriage counselors tell us that there are four main areas you need to be in harmony on before you get married. Those things are money, religion, kids and in-laws.

    • Money: The first one, and the biggest cause of divorce, is money problems, so there needs to be discussion about money. Put all of the debt on the table—all cards are face up. No secrets. It’s time to come completely clean and get in agreement about what’s going on here. When you do that, you’ll also learn a lot about that person’s habits, whether they are a spender or a saver and those kinds of things......
    • Religion: If you have the same faith, you have a much higher chance of making it, statistically speaking. When your faith is aligned, so are your value systems—your guiding principles—and that’s your natural road map through life and through the tough times we all have to face.[Research correlates an aligned philosophical view, not necessarily that both parties have to be religious. They only need to agree. 2 Atheists are as stable as 2 Orthodox Catholics, for example]
    • Kids: Dig into each other’s expectations about kids and make sure they’re compatible. How many do you have in mind? How should children be raised? Should they be allowed to run around like wild animals, or do we make them behave?......
    • In-Laws: You really need to find out what you’re getting into with the in-laws. How much of a part of your life do they want to be—and how involved (or uninvolved) do each of you want them to be? Lay out your expectations up front......



    ~snip~
    Last edited by Jerry; 06-29-13 at 10:13 PM.

Page 16 of 54 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •