Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 539

Thread: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

  1. #101
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    agreed, but that stuff seems to be out of style, especially in California.... the mob can vote on anything out there ( ballot initiatives) if they can find 500k signatures ( 800k for constitutional amendments)

    no way in hell will they restrict voting on human rights or equal treatment though..... the only qualifier for a ballot initiative is signatures..content/substance is not restricted
    As I understand it, this is not the case. There is, in fact a review process. It obviously isn't perfect, but it's there.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  2. #102
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,054

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    All of those have recanted, I believe, and they also say the Bible doesn't directly speak against it. However, the Bible does speak against homosexuality. It's not the same, you compared apples and oranges.
    It doesn't matter whether they "recanted" or not (but no, many of them did not recant and believed that until they died). They held this beliefs, and there are still a lot of people in the South who hold the belief that the Bible is against interracial marriages. You have no place to tell them they are wrong just because you believe differently, otherwise you are a hypocrite telling others who believe the Bible speaks against temple prostitution/sex involving same sex partners and divorce, not homosexuality, same sex relationships, or same sex marriages. It is their interpretation of the Bible, and under the freedom of religion guaranteed by the Constitution, they have a right to that belief. But, their beliefs nor yours belong in our laws, so that is why restrictions on laws should be based on legitimate state interests, not the pure vote of the people nor tradition, but especially not what the Bible or any other religious beliefs say on an issue.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  3. #103
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    All of those have recanted, I believe, and they also say the Bible doesn't directly speak against it. However, the Bible does speak against homosexuality. It's not the same, you compared apples and oranges.
    Do you proclaim to be "Christian" David? Please show where the man you claim to worship said anything about homosexuality. We will be waiting to see if you can support your imagined "Christian" beliefs.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #104
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    It doesn't matter whether they "recanted" or not (but no, many of them did not recant and believed that until they died). They held this beliefs, and there are still a lot of people in the South who hold the belief that the Bible is against interracial marriages. You have no place to tell them they are wrong just because you believe differently, otherwise you are a hypocrite telling others who believe the Bible speaks against temple prostitution/sex involving same sex partners and divorce, not homosexuality, same sex relationships, or same sex marriages. It is their interpretation of the Bible, and under the freedom of religion guaranteed by the Constitution, they have a right to that belief. But, their beliefs nor yours belong in our laws, so that is why restrictions on laws should be based on legitimate state interests, not the pure vote of the people nor tradition, but especially not what the Bible or any other religious beliefs say on an issue.
    At this point we weren't talking about legal issues. However, interracial marriage is not in the Bible as a sin, however, homosexuality is in black and white as not only being a sin, but an abomination.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  5. #105
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Do you proclaim to be "Christian" David? Please show where the man you claim to worship said anything about homosexuality. We will be waiting to see if you can support your imagined "Christian" beliefs.
    I have provided that numerous times on these boards actually. It is in Corinthians, Galatians, Leviticus, Romans, need I go on?
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  6. #106
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    As I understand it, this is not the case. There is, in fact a review process. It obviously isn't perfect, but it's there.
    No....I think that pretty much is the case. We have had all kinds of stupid initiatives make the ballot, because they are almost always written by special interests who haven't a clue about the law....the state has spend billions defending clearly unconstitutional initiatives that have been placed on the ballot by these fools.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  7. #107
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    I have provided that numerous times on these boards actually. It is in Corinthians, Galatians, Leviticus, Romans, need I go on?
    Leviticus...seriously? The whole....shellfish, clothing of two fibers abominations? I'm asking about the man you claim to worship....where did Jesus Christ ever condemn homosexuality? Please.....we will all wait for your response.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #108
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    At this point we weren't talking about legal issues. However, interracial marriage is not in the Bible as a sin, however, homosexuality is in black and white as not only being a sin, but an abomination.
    You bible thumpers are hilarious. You cafeteria pick the things that you want and then attempt to proclaim moral superiority? I bet the clothing you are wearing right now is an abomination.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  9. #109
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Leviticus...seriously? The whole....shellfish, clothing of two fibers abominations? I'm asking about the man you claim to worship....where did Jesus Christ ever condemn homosexuality? Please.....we will all wait for your response.
    Jesus condemned sin repeatedly.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  10. #110
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    re: To cheers, same-sex marriages resume in California [W:381]

    Your failure is duly noted. LOL....as I said before....those who are quickest and loudest to proclaim their "Christianity" to the world are without question the ones who know the very least about the man they claim to worship.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •