Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Senate Immigration Reform Bill Passes With Strong Majority

  1. #1
    Dungeon Master
    Chicks dig the long ball

    azgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,118

    Senate Immigration Reform Bill Passes With Strong Majority

    Senate Immigration Reform Bill Passes With Strong Majority

    WASHINGTON -- The Senate passed a politically fraught immigration reform bill on Thursday that would give a path to citizenship to some of the estimated 11 million undocumented immigrants living in the U.S., bringing them out of the shadows and preventing continued record deportations that have separated hundreds of thousands of families.

    The bill passed 68 to 32, picking up all Democrats and 14 Republicans.

    Undocumented immigrants and advocates in the crowd, many of them young so-called Dreamers, broke out into applause and chants of "yes we can!" after Vice President Joe Biden, who came to the Senate to preside over the proceedings, read the results. Senators in the bipartisan "gang of eight" that drafted the bill -- Sens. John McCain (R-Ariz.), Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.), Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.), Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), Bob Menendez (D-N.J.) and Michael Bennet (D-Colo.) -- patted each other on the back.
    Now we'll see Boehner pull a Reid and not bring it up for a vote.
    I have CDO, it's like OCD but the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be.

  2. #2
    Sage
    Ontologuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,515

    Re: Senate Immigration Reform Bill Passes With Strong Majority

    One of the most egregious Benedict Arnold acts by the Senate of all time.

    A travesty of injustice to American citizens.

    Those Senators who voted for the bill, may their constituents prevent them from ever holding any kind of office in America again.

    Unbelievable.

    Now it's up to the House to do the right thing and kill this bill, kill it now, kill it fast, kill it very, very dead.

    Whatever it takes, if Boehner refuses to bring it up for a vote, whatever, just kill the bill.
    You don't trust Trump? Well, there's only one way to leverage him to do what's economically right for us all: Powerful American Political Alliance. Got courage?! .. and a mere $5.00?

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-16-13 @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,568

    Re: Senate Immigration Reform Bill Passes With Strong Majority

    Quote Originally Posted by Ontologuy View Post
    One of the most egregious Benedict Arnold acts by the Senate of all time.

    A travesty of injustice to American citizens.

    Those Senators who voted for the bill, may their constituents prevent them from ever holding any kind of office in America again.

    Unbelievable.

    Now it's up to the House to do the right thing and kill this bill, kill it now, kill it fast, kill it very, very dead.

    Whatever it takes, if Boehner refuses to bring it up for a vote, whatever, just kill the bill.
    Bring it for a vote and let the representative republic work.

  4. #4
    Sage
    Ontologuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,515

    Re: Senate Immigration Reform Bill Passes With Strong Majority

    Quote Originally Posted by captainawesome View Post
    Bring it for a vote and let the representative republic work.
    A travesty of justice that this bill is must be stopped at all costs, no matter how that gets accomplished.

    It's time to go to the phones America!

    Tell your House Rep "No!" and make it very clear what the repercussions will be if that rep votes other than "No!" should the bill make it to the floor for a vote.

    We don't care about lower wage-scales for business owners.

    We don't care about Democrat party dominance.

    We care about the millions of Americans who lost their jobs to illegals and have received no justice and recompense of any kind.

    That's what we care about: liberty and justice for all American citizens as our pledge of allegiance states.

    Those so-called Americans who support this bill in any way are Benedict Arnolds to America, to their fellow American citizens.

    This bill must be stopped at all costs, as providing amnesty and legalization to 20 million illegals will crush American wage scales and maybe even throw America into a depression ..

    .. Not to mention cause a race war as with all the liberal Democrat race-baiting about Hispanics, they've now alienated the African American community who will suffer greatly if this bill gets passed!

    Just say "No!" to this injustice bill!
    You don't trust Trump? Well, there's only one way to leverage him to do what's economically right for us all: Powerful American Political Alliance. Got courage?! .. and a mere $5.00?

  5. #5
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Ft.Wayne In
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,305

    Re: Senate Immigration Reform Bill Passes With Strong Majority

    Quote Originally Posted by azgreg View Post
    Senate Immigration Reform Bill Passes With Strong Majority



    Now we'll see Boehner pull a Reid and not bring it up for a vote.
    I hope you're right,but I don't trust Boehner any farther than I can throw him!!!

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-16-13 @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,568

    Re: Senate Immigration Reform Bill Passes With Strong Majority

    Quote Originally Posted by Ontologuy View Post
    A travesty of justice that this bill is must be stopped at all costs, no matter how that gets accomplished.

    It's time to go to the phones America!

    Tell your House Rep "No!" and make it very clear what the repercussions will be if that rep votes other than "No!" should the bill make it to the floor for a vote.

    We don't care about lower wage-scales for business owners.

    We don't care about Democrat party dominance.

    We care about the millions of Americans who lost their jobs to illegals and have received no justice and recompense of any kind.

    That's what we care about: liberty and justice for all American citizens as our pledge of allegiance states.

    Those so-called Americans who support this bill in any way are Benedict Arnolds to America, to their fellow American citizens.

    This bill must be stopped at all costs, as providing amnesty and legalization to 20 million illegals will crush American wage scales and maybe even throw America into a depression ..

    .. Not to mention cause a race war as with all the liberal Democrat race-baiting about Hispanics, they've now alienated the African American community who will suffer greatly if this bill gets passed!

    Just say "No!" to this injustice bill!
    I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it for stands. One Nation under God Indivisible With Liberty and Justice For ALL.

  7. #7
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Senate Immigration Reform Bill Passes With Strong Majority


  8. #8
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Senate Immigration Reform Bill Passes With Strong Majority

    Quote Originally Posted by captainawesome View Post
    I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it for stands. One Nation under God Indivisible With Liberty and Justice For ALL.
    If you're going to go that route the atheists are gonna be pissed.

  9. #9
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: Senate Immigration Reform Bill Passes With Strong Majority

    If "We care about the millions of Americans who lost their jobs to illegals and have received no justice and recompense of any kind." is the issue, how will passage or non-passage change anything?

    If you lost your job to an illegal, haven't you already lost the job? How will this bill change anything, one way or another?

    I know you are very capable of intelligent analysis and expression. So, please don't rant at me, just try to explain what I asked. A respectful question seeking a respectful answer.




    Quote Originally Posted by Ontologuy View Post
    A travesty of justice that this bill is must be stopped at all costs, no matter how that gets accomplished.

    It's time to go to the phones America!

    Tell your House Rep "No!" and make it very clear what the repercussions will be if that rep votes other than "No!" should the bill make it to the floor for a vote.

    We don't care about lower wage-scales for business owners.

    We don't care about Democrat party dominance.

    We care about the millions of Americans who lost their jobs to illegals and have received no justice and recompense of any kind.

    That's what we care about: liberty and justice for all American citizens as our pledge of allegiance states.

    Those so-called Americans who support this bill in any way are Benedict Arnolds to America, to their fellow American citizens.

    This bill must be stopped at all costs, as providing amnesty and legalization to 20 million illegals will crush American wage scales and maybe even throw America into a depression ..

    .. Not to mention cause a race war as with all the liberal Democrat race-baiting about Hispanics, they've now alienated the African American community who will suffer greatly if this bill gets passed!

    Just say "No!" to this injustice bill!

  10. #10
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,566

    Re: Senate Immigration Reform Bill Passes With Strong Majority

    Amnesty now, secure the border and enforce existing laws as "resources become available". Sounds a lot like the immigration reform from 1986 which allowed about 11 million to "slip through the cracks".
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •