Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 126

Thread: Obama Clashes with African Host over Gay Rights.....

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Obama Clashes with African Host over Gay Rights.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So your position is that no one should comment on issues in other countries? Seriously, when you where just praising an islamic anti-gay world leader you where not so ridiculous appearing...
    Seriously....perhaps the problem starts with yourself wherein you attempt to think for others. Then use deceit to think you can get some roll out. Now wheres the link that says I back the ****. Did you still want to try and tell me and others what I think or feel? Or do I need to address that idiocy further?

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Obama Clashes with African Host over Gay Rights.....

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    You're assuming that because someone argues that gays should have equal rights in the world that they automatically don't care about women's rights or the rights of children. This is a dishonest debate tactic at best. You can't assume that. And you are only doing so because your arguments in this thread have show to be so weak. You should be ashamed to be arguing such dishonest and embarrassing points like these.
    Does seem odd though that Obama would focus on gays instead of women in this situation. He is becoming obsessed with the gay issue. Maybe because that is the only thing he can call a victory lately.

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Obama Clashes with African Host over Gay Rights.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    What the hell are you talking about? Why would I talk about women in a topic that isn't about women? And don't pull this **** of giving me responsibility for something you think someone else said.
    Well I figured if you can assume for me....that you were doing so for those others in Muslim Countries that have no Rights either. That you just Covered All those basics.

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Obama Clashes with African Host over Gay Rights.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Obama got some smack down put upon him by the Leader of Senegal today. Obama thought he could push the Gay Right Agenda outside the US. He was given an answer he didn't want to here. Then had to make sure he didn't bite his lip and show that bewildered look.

    President Barack Obama on Thursday praised the Supreme Court's ruling on same-sex marriage as a "victory for American democracy" but clashed with his African host over gay rights in a sign of how far the movement has to go internationally.

    Obama said recognition of gay unions in the United States should cross state lines and that equal rights should be recognized universally. It was his first chance to expand on his thoughts about the ruling, which was issued Wednesday as he flew to Senegal, one of many African countries that outlaw homosexuality.

    Senegalese President Macky Sall rebuffed Obama's call for Africans to give gays equal rights under the law.

    "We are still not ready to decriminalize homosexuality," Sall said, while insisting that the country is "very tolerant" and needs more time to digest the issue without pressure. "This does not mean we are homophobic."



    But Obama said he wants to send a message to Africans that while he respects differing personal and religious views on the matter, it's important to have nondiscrimination under the law.

    "People should be treated equally, and that's a principle that I think applies universally," he said.

    A report released Monday by Amnesty International says 38 African countries criminalize homosexuality. In four of those Mauritania, northern Nigeria, southern Somalia and Sudan the punishment is death. These laws appear to have broad public support. A June 4 Pew Research Center survey found at least nine of 10 respondents in Senegal, Kenya, Ghana, Uganda and Nigeria believe homosexuality should not be accepted by society.

    We are in a Muslim country, so we certainly cannot have it here," he said. "And for me it's not OK to have this anywhere in the world."
    Sall sought to reassure Obama that gays are not persecuted in Senegal. But under Senegalese law, "an improper or unnatural act with a person of the same sex" can be punished by up to five years in prison.

    But such people-powered democratic transitions are not always the story of the African experience. Fighting and human rights abuses limited Obama's options for stops in his first major tour of sub-Saharan Africa since he took office more than four years ago. Obama is avoiding his father's homeland, Kenya, whose president has been charged with war crimes, and Nigeria, the country with the continent's most dominant economy. Nigeria is enveloped in an Islamist insurgency and military crackdown.

    Obama's itinerary in Senegal was designed to send a message, purposefully delivered in a French-speaking, Muslim-majority nation, to other Africans in countries that have not made the strides toward democracy that Senegal has.....snip~

    Obama clashes with African host over gay rights

    Obama was feeling cocky about the SCOTUS ruling and then tried to pass off those thoughts to some African Nations. Looks like those in the Muslims world of the African Nations are saying Gay Rights are Unacceptable anywhere in the world. 39 of their Countries Criminalize those over such a lifestyle. 4 countries put people to death if caught with the same sex, and what they also consider an Unnatural act.

    Obama is avoiding Kenya, notice how after he approved the drones for Kenya how fast their President was charged with War Crimes.
    good for Obama ... thanks for the post ...

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Obama Clashes with African Host over Gay Rights.....

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Does seem odd though that Obama would focus on gays instead of women in this situation. He is becoming obsessed with the gay issue. Maybe because that is the only thing he can call a victory lately.
    no, it's not the only one ... he called the last election a victory as well ... Did you forget? It wasn't that long ago ...

  6. #66
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,347

    Re: Obama Clashes with African Host over Gay Rights.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Obama got some smack down put upon him by the Leader of Senegal today. Obama thought he could push the Gay Right Agenda outside the US. He was given an answer he didn't want to here. Then had to make sure he didn't bite his lip and show that bewildered look.

    President Barack Obama on Thursday praised the Supreme Court's ruling on same-sex marriage as a "victory for American democracy" but clashed with his African host over gay rights in a sign of how far the movement has to go internationally.

    Obama said recognition of gay unions in the United States should cross state lines and that equal rights should be recognized universally. It was his first chance to expand on his thoughts about the ruling, which was issued Wednesday as he flew to Senegal, one of many African countries that outlaw homosexuality.

    Senegalese President Macky Sall rebuffed Obama's call for Africans to give gays equal rights under the law.

    "We are still not ready to decriminalize homosexuality," Sall said, while insisting that the country is "very tolerant" and needs more time to digest the issue without pressure. "This does not mean we are homophobic."



    But Obama said he wants to send a message to Africans that while he respects differing personal and religious views on the matter, it's important to have nondiscrimination under the law.

    "People should be treated equally, and that's a principle that I think applies universally," he said.

    A report released Monday by Amnesty International says 38 African countries criminalize homosexuality. In four of those Mauritania, northern Nigeria, southern Somalia and Sudan the punishment is death. These laws appear to have broad public support. A June 4 Pew Research Center survey found at least nine of 10 respondents in Senegal, Kenya, Ghana, Uganda and Nigeria believe homosexuality should not be accepted by society.

    We are in a Muslim country, so we certainly cannot have it here," he said. "And for me it's not OK to have this anywhere in the world."
    Sall sought to reassure Obama that gays are not persecuted in Senegal. But under Senegalese law, "an improper or unnatural act with a person of the same sex" can be punished by up to five years in prison.

    But such people-powered democratic transitions are not always the story of the African experience. Fighting and human rights abuses limited Obama's options for stops in his first major tour of sub-Saharan Africa since he took office more than four years ago. Obama is avoiding his father's homeland, Kenya, whose president has been charged with war crimes, and Nigeria, the country with the continent's most dominant economy. Nigeria is enveloped in an Islamist insurgency and military crackdown.

    Obama's itinerary in Senegal was designed to send a message, purposefully delivered in a French-speaking, Muslim-majority nation, to other Africans in countries that have not made the strides toward democracy that Senegal has.....snip~

    Obama clashes with African host over gay rights

    Obama was feeling cocky about the SCOTUS ruling and then tried to pass off those thoughts to some African Nations. Looks like those in the Muslims world of the African Nations are saying Gay Rights are Unacceptable anywhere in the world. 39 of their Countries Criminalize those over such a lifestyle. 4 countries put people to death if caught with the same sex, and what they also consider an Unnatural act.

    Obama is avoiding Kenya, notice how after he approved the drones for Kenya how fast their President was charged with War Crimes.
    Good afternoon, MMC .

    Obama said, "People should be treated equally, and that's a principle that I think applies universally."

    BHO must not understand that people in Africa, as well as the rest of the world, read newspapers and follow the news about what happens in the USA. For him to make that statement now, when all the various scandals have erupted about unequal treatment of numerous groups in various venues, and remembering that he referred to Repubs as "enemies," seems ludicrous.

    And why would he even bring up a topic like homosexuality in Senegal? Sheesh!!

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Obama Clashes with African Host over Gay Rights.....

    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post
    no, it's not the only one ... he called the last election a victory as well ... Did you forget? It wasn't that long ago ...
    All down hill since then, scandal after scandal, loss after loss except in the gay arena.

  8. #68
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,060

    Re: Obama Clashes with African Host over Gay Rights.....

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Does seem odd though that Obama would focus on gays instead of women in this situation.
    He didn't even bring it up. He was asked a question on it and answered the question. Now we have people saying it's odd that he talked about something that he was asked about. Can't catch a break i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  9. #69
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,060

    Re: Obama Clashes with African Host over Gay Rights.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Right you just assumed you thought the Article was about some interpretation of mine.
    I didn't assume anything about the article. I just pointed out that you're interpretation of what happened is way off base. I'm sorry if you can't handle that or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Obama Clashes with African Host over Gay Rights.....

    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post
    good for Obama ... thanks for the post ...
    Heya WD. NP.....I may not like Obama. But when Someone is telling him this is not acceptable in our Country. That personally for them it is not acceptable anywheres in the World. While Obama is truthfully not expounding on much else nor why we are in Africa and doing what we are doing. Then it should be noticed.

    Course those here in the US that are pushing for all to accept all issues concerning LGBT.....tend to not notice that what the push back is in the rest of the world. As well as by a Religion of No Tolerance. Nor what it will mean once those two worlds clash.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •