Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 171

Thread: Texas carries out its 500th execution since 1982

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Texas carries out its 500th execution since 1982

    I wonder how many of them were innocent ...

  2. #22
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,940

    Re: Texas carries out its 500th execution since 1982

    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post
    I wonder how many of them were innocent ...
    Why do you wonder?

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Texas carries out its 500th execution since 1982

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    No crime...just at the wrong place at the right time. That's life. In fact, death is inevitable for us all. A fetus isn't exempt.
    The crime appears to be existing and the punishment for such a crime is death. You could say that if this is the crime then there is nothing wrong with the state of Texas killing people as all they are doing is carrying out the sentence that the mother of those individuals didn't carry out. Just doing a little bit of tying up those loose ends, right?

    Seriously though, your argument appears to work for the state of Texas if they kill someone that was innocent. "They were just there at the wrong place at the right time. That's life. In fact, death is inevitable for us all." Right?

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Texas carries out its 500th execution since 1982

    Quote Originally Posted by hfd View Post
    Why is that? People who kill others for trinkets and such have no redeeming qualities.
    the costliest crime to society is white-collar and corporate crime, but I don't see many of them getting the death penalty ... like illegal dumping of toxic waste and children die of cancer from it ... how many guys got the chair for that? there's a reason why so many first-world countries, and many others outlawed the death penalty ...

  5. #25
    Advisor greyhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    08-31-13 @ 01:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    562

    Texas carries out its 500th execution since 1982

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Mal View Post
    all just to let Ma and Pa reconcile their Christianity with their desire for revenge.
    Yep!!

  6. #26
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,564

    Re: Texas carries out its 500th execution since 1982

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    The crime appears to be existing and the punishment for such a crime is death. You could say that if this is the crime then there is nothing wrong with the state of Texas killing anyone as all they are doing is carrying out the sentence that the mother of those individuals didn't carry out. Just doing a little bit of tying up those loose ends.

    Seriously though, your argument appears to work for the state of Texas if they kill someone that was innocent.
    Glad you chimed in, Henrin. Your post...well, wouldn't expect anything different from you. I responded, hope your happy. That said...bye Henrin.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Texas carries out its 500th execution since 1982

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    Why do you wonder?
    because we know it has happened ... it doesn't bother you that we have executed innocent people? and if an innocent person gets executed no doubt it's someone who didn't have resources to mount a good defense ... You don't care if we execute someone who is innocent?

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Texas carries out its 500th execution since 1982

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Glad you chimed in, Henrin. Your post...well, wouldn't expect anything different from you. I responded, hope your happy. That said...bye Henrin.
    Did you know that many people that are for the death penalty are also pro-second amendment? Is it interesting how they can be for the people defending themselves against tyranny of the government if need be, but also in support of the government having the power to kill them if need be. Interesting logic, ain't it? Then again, people always offer interesting logic. For example, these same people are for growing military might which makes rebellion naturally harder.

  9. #29
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,564

    Re: Texas carries out its 500th execution since 1982

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Did you know that many people that are for the death penalty are also pro-second amendment? Is it interesting how they can be for the people defending themselves against tyranny of the government if need be, but also in support of the government having the power to kill them if need be. Interesting logic, ain't it? Then again, people of always offer interesting logic. For example, these same people are for growing military might which makes rebellion naturally harder.
    Goodnight, Henrin...we're done.

  10. #30
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,940

    Re: Texas carries out its 500th execution since 1982

    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post
    because we know it has happened ... it doesn't bother you that we have executed innocent people? and if an innocent person gets executed no doubt it's someone who didn't have resources to mount a good defense ... You don't care if we execute someone who is innocent?
    I care very much. I oppose the death penalty entirely. The difference between you and me is that I didn't have to ask a rhetorical question.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •