Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 72

Thread: Pentagon moves to extend benefits to gay spouses

  1. #31
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Pentagon moves to extend benefits to gay spouses

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    It is not unconstitutional by the actual language of the constitution. No more than apparently funding gays is.
    So you are ignorant of constitutional law. Got it.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #32
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Pentagon moves to extend benefits to gay spouses

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    No, you just fail to read and comprehend what I am saying. That's fine. And I'm still not a homophobe.
    Translation: I have no response. So I'm going to blame it on you that I don't have the capacity to produce an argument.

    You made up your own definition of the 1st amendment that results in religions that are entirely self centered to be able to argue that any taxes not spent on them is a violation of their civil rights. That is stupid.
    You repetitively ignored how offering same sex benefits helped private companies hire and retain talent.
    You argued that funding something some religions dislike is a violation of the 1st amendment and then proceeded to drop that entire argument when I pointed out how things you like do the same thing to other religions.

    Dude, just leave the thread. This is already going down the toilet for you.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  3. #33
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Pentagon moves to extend benefits to gay spouses

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Wrong. The alternative being considered was to grant these benefits to service member's gay partners that were not even spouses since they were thhen legally barred from marriage. That would have been far more expensive.
    Both are a waste of tax dollars.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  4. #34
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Pentagon moves to extend benefits to gay spouses

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Translation: I have no response. So I'm going to blame it on you that I don't have the capacity to produce an argument.

    You made up your own definition of the 1st amendment that results in religions that are entirely self centered to be able to argue that any taxes not spent on them is a violation of their civil rights. That is stupid.
    You repetitively ignored how offering same sex benefits helped private companies hire and retain talent.
    You argued that funding something some religions dislike is a violation of the 1st amendment and then proceeded to drop that entire argument when I pointed out how things you like do the same thing to other religions.

    Dude, just leave the thread. This is already going down the toilet for you.
    Compared, not argued. Perhaps you should read it again.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  5. #35
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Pentagon moves to extend benefits to gay spouses

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So you are ignorant of constitutional law. Got it.
    No, I'm not. I'm saying rulings of the SCOTUS have been terribly wrong.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  6. #36
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,647

    Re: Pentagon moves to extend benefits to gay spouses

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Once again, I do not have homophobia.

    Second, it is still a waste of tax dollars, and, one could argue, that it defies freedom of religion to force people to fund something they don't believe is moral according to their religion. It is offensive to certain religions to fund homosexuality, therefore the Government shouldn't be involved. Otherwise Religions shouldn't have restirctions on when they should speak.
    To hell with those religions. The act of ensuring capital punishment is an immorality to the Catholics, but I wouldn't dream of them giving up that sovereignty to satisfy the religious.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  7. #37
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Pentagon moves to extend benefits to gay spouses

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    It is not unconstitutional by the actual language of the constitution. No more than apparently funding gays is.
    "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;"

    Public schools are an extension of the government. Having a government representative at an extension of the government lead a specific religious prayer is an establishment of religion by the state.

    Just out of curiosity, do you think that teachers in Dearborn Michigan should be allowed to lead their classes in Muslim only prayers? Or that schools with heavily Indian immigrant students should have teachers leading them in Hindu prayers? Let's see just how deep your raging hypocrisy goes.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  8. #38
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Pentagon moves to extend benefits to gay spouses

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;"

    Public schools are an extension of the government. Having a government representative at an extension of the government lead a specific religious prayer is an establishment of religion by the state.

    Just out of curiosity, do you think that teachers in Dearborn Michigan should be allowed to lead their classes in Muslim only prayers? Or that schools with heavily Indian immigrant students should have teachers leading them in Hindu prayers? Let's see just how deep your raging hypocrisy goes.
    Yes, I think they should be allowed to do that. And it says Congress shall make now law. I'm sorry but a teacher is neither congress, nor a law.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  9. #39
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Pentagon moves to extend benefits to gay spouses

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Compared, not argued. Perhaps you should read it again.
    You still ran from it. As you ran from the rest of my arguments.

    Do you always run from everything you cannot muster the maturity to admit you were wrong on?

    You were wrong on the same sex benefits.
    You are wrong on what the 1st amendment actually says and does.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  10. #40
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Pentagon moves to extend benefits to gay spouses

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    You still ran from it. As you ran from the rest of my arguments.

    Do you always run from everything you cannot muster the maturity to admit you were wrong on?

    You were wrong on the same sex benefits.
    You are wrong on what the 1st amendment actually says and does.
    Actually you have yet to prove me wrong.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •