Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35

Thread: Texas abortion bill fails after Sen. Wendy Davis' filibuster

  1. #21
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Texas abortion bill fails after Sen. Wendy Davis' filibuster

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I don't advocated dead adult babies and I don't advocate the death penalty - much like many progressives - I'm opposed to the death penalty however, I would love to see how they would feel if living, breathing humans outside their mommies were executed in the same fashion a "fetus" was.....
    My understanding is that you perceive a fetus and a baby to be the same thing, a living human, and that killing them is murder. And then you also said it's sometimes ok to kill it.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #22
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,324

    Re: Texas abortion bill fails after Sen. Wendy Davis' filibuster

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Nice attempt at a deflection there buddy,
    but you totally dodged the point. You
    call it "true Democratic principles." Does that include violating the established rules of the state congress? How come when a Democrat "runs away out of state," it's worthy of condemnation, but when a Republican literally ignores the rules when it suits him, you don't make a peep?

    Were you similarly critical of Republican filibusters during the whole Obamacare and immigration reform discussions at the Federal level? You don't think if the constitutionally-dictated 51 voters were the threshold instead of the filibuster-dictated 60 votes, the bill wouldn't have been a wee bit more "liberal?"

    Plus, you also totally ignored the fact that abortions are legal. Apparently it's totally ok to prevent people from accessing something the courts have decided is a right. So you're ok with de facto gun bans, right?
    They are entirely within the law.

    Where does it say in that law that now abortion is illegal in Texas ?

  3. #23
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,324

    Re: Texas abortion bill fails after Sen. Wendy Davis' filibuster

    This post ^^^^ has to be the STUPIDEST post I've ever seen in a political forum.

    What nonsense, what generic liberal drek.

    And in typical Lib fasion the poster runs away.

  4. #24
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: Texas abortion bill fails after Sen. Wendy Davis' filibuster

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I don't advocated dead adult babies and I don't advocate the death penalty - much like many progressives - I'm opposed to the death penalty however, I would love to see how they would feel if living, breathing humans outside their mommies were executed in the same fashion a "fetus" was.....
    I would of course feel differently if a baby or child were killed, but not a fetus, not so long as it cannot survive outside a womb.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  5. #25
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,361
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Texas abortion bill fails after Sen. Wendy Davis' filibuster

    Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Mizuno Women's Wave Rider 16 Running Shoe

    Seriously, follow the link, it is related, and it is hilarious. Sometimes the internets can be a force of good.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #26
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,324

    Re: Texas abortion bill fails after Sen. Wendy Davis' filibuster

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    I would of course feel differently if a
    baby or child were killed, but not a fetus, not so long as it cannot survive outside a womb.
    So all of the preemies that grew into healthy children are what to you ?

    Because medical technology has increased the survivabillity of premature babies.

  7. #27
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: Texas abortion bill fails after Sen. Wendy Davis' filibuster

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    So all of the preemies that grew into healthy children are what to you ?

    Because medical technology has increased the survivabillity of premature babies.
    I've always said the point at which a fetus can live outside the womb should be the cut off for abortion, and that with modern medicine that is certainly becoming earlier, it isn't at 20 weeks though. I believe currently for a viable preemie is 24-6 weeks.

    Don't try to strawman my position with your hysterical, drama queen-y ragings.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  8. #28
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,324

    Re: Texas abortion bill fails after Sen. Wendy Davis' filibuster

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    I've always said the point at which a fetus can live outside the womb
    should be the cut off for abortion, and that with modern medicine that is certainly becoming earlier, it isn't at 20 weeks though. I believe currently for a viable preemie is 24-6 weeks.

    Don't try to strawman my position with your hysterical, drama queen-y ragings.

    Your'e innabillity to grasp even the simplest of concepts is not the same thing as a strawman argument.

    Your'e basically saying the diference between right and wrong is the current level of medical innovation as it pertains to pre-mature babies.

    Science is your moral authority.

    Thats twisted.

  9. #29
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: Texas abortion bill fails after Sen. Wendy Davis' filibuster

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Your'e innabillity to grasp even the simplest of concepts is not the same thing as a strawman argument.

    Your'e basically saying the diference between right and wrong is the current level of medical innovation as it pertains to pre-mature babies.

    Science is your moral authority.

    Thats twisted.
    Fortunately for me, science is my moral authority. Not an ill-informed FNC viewer who has serious hysteria and drama issues>
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Texas abortion bill fails after Sen. Wendy Davis' filibuster

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    I would of course feel differently if a baby or child were killed, but not a fetus, not so long as it cannot survive outside a womb.
    Why is that though?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •