Page 91 of 112 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 910 of 1111

Thread: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

  1. #901
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by captainawesome View Post
    exactly don't argue over the name. Civil unions are marriage. It has always been that way.
    Right. Don't argue over a name. Call them the civil unions that have always been marriage instead of arguing over the name of marriage and most of your opposition vanishes. But no.... you DO want to argue over the name.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  2. #902
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    No, you see you did not read the article, civil unions are most often not recognized by other states and do not have the same status at the federal level.
    Homosexual marriages are most often not recognized by other states nor at the federal level (until yesterday). That's a lot more like a similarity between homosexual marriages and civil unions than a difference, in my book.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  3. #903
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Anything else doesn't fit their definition of marriage and since it was clear that there was an overt attempt to backdoor (no pun intended) homosexual marriage by exploiting the laws of the most liberal states for marriage and then importing an illegitimate "marriage" back into the state, this was the response. It ultimately boiled down to the definition of marriage, though, and the desire for some people (like you) to change it.
    No, actually Prop 8 was a response to the SCoCA striking down of Prop 22, finding it violated the constitution of CA. I did not live in CA at that time.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #904
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Whether a civil union carries the same protections as marriage depends entirely on how it's written.
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Homosexual marriages are most often not recognized by other states nor at the federal level (until yesterday). That's a lot more like a similarity between homosexual marriages and civil unions than a difference, in my book.
    So then you do now recognize that civil unions, whether between M/F or SS, are not legally equal to marriage.

    I am glad you are on the same page now.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #905
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    So then you do now recognize that civil unions, whether between M/F or SS, are not legally equal to marriage.

    I am glad you are on the same page now.
    AGAIN, it depends on how they are written and what the state is. Legal contracts are legal contracts.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  6. #906
    Professor
    yobarnacle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    10-26-14 @ 11:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,495

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Can you disprove gravity? When scientists use theory the concept is past prove/disprove and now awaiting that magic part that convinces even the worst skeptic it is valid. The Theory of Relativity is one of the newer ones and is still on occasion wobbling on the knife edge- Evolution and Gravity are not. They can make mistakes but not to the point of invalidation. There certainly is no credible rival to evolution.

    I'm sure you have a list of names... Howsomeever the list that wouldn't is beyond your ability to list.

    It just made me wonder about you to say 8 tons, not around 8 tons or a bit more/less of 8 tons but just flat out 8 tons. You have the distinction of being the first gunner I know to have kept track of the number of boxes he fired and then converted them to weight. (most are too busy to keep track, many don't use boxes but bandoleers)

    Odd you would claim to only want peaceful political revolution when you posted several rather strident rants about the middle class rising up in revolution and another poster is safe in Europe... a peaceful political revolution... what is the fear??? You seem to be back tracking now, and that is just as well/fairly typical.

    Mayhem has three definitions I see. That you only see the first is telling. Be it riots in the street as you referred to as being mild compared to what the middle class revolution will be seems to indicate mayhem... but you now dance away from that...again just as well.

    Now you claim to not be fomenting, yet you 'see' a time where the middle class will rise up in revolution making past riots look tame...

    I'd agree with you on one thing, it does seem to involve a frothy mug....
    There are scientific laws. Then, theories, then hypothesis, then conjecture and speculation.

    When you confuse them, you end up with DOGMA, which is not scientific. Settled science isn't science. Ask a real scientist. Science is NEVER settled!

    I said roughly 8 tons..actually I rounded down, not up. 8 tons is a ROUND figure. 8? round? lol
    The twin 50 mount held two 100 round ammo boxes, one each side feeding the 50 on that side.
    Some counted days, some KIAs, some collected ears, I counted my ammo boxes. Two boxes empty amazingly quick in a twin 50 in a fire fight.
    Did I count the boxes as I used them? of course not. I counted empty boxes when we re-ammo-ed /refueled.
    I suppose if I collected EARs that would be more acceptable to you?


    Blacks threaten to riot if Zimmerman is aquitted.

    They riot at thin excuses.

    The long suffering middle class just takes abuse, and takes, and absorbs, and rolls with the punches.

    Untill they DON'T!

    I'm not leading or threatening anything. Threats are stupid (either a bluff or telegraphing your punch!).
    I was WARNING that if liberals/socialists think middle America has no guts and can be stepped on at will?
    I believe you have a SHOCK coming. Just keep it up and you will see.

    I like a beer from time to time.
    I also like to come to debate cites and VENT from time to time!
    Keeps me sane, and calm in my day to day persona.
    Last edited by yobarnacle; 06-28-13 at 07:39 PM.
    If you live long enough, you will live in a foreign country, because the past is foreign to the present. We lived differently then. The only constant is change!

  7. #907
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-16-13 @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,568

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by yobarnacle View Post
    There are scientific laws. Then, theories, then hypothesis, then conjecture and speculation.

    When you confuse them, you end up with DOGMA, which is not scientific. Settled science isn't science. Ask a real scientist. Science is NEVER settled!

    The twin 50 mount held two 100 round ammo boxes, one each side feeding the 50 on that side.
    Some counted days, some KIAs, some collected ears, I counted my ammo boxes. Two boxes empty amazingly quick in a twin 50 in a fire fight.
    Did I count the boxes as I used them? of course not. I counted empty boxes when we re-ammo-ed /refueled.
    I suppose if I collected EARs that would be more acceptable to you?


    Blacks threaten to riot if Zimmerman is aquitted.

    They riot at thin excuses.

    The long suffering middle class just takes abuse, and takes, and absorbs, and rolls with the punches.

    Untill they DON'T!

    I'm not leading or threatening anything. Threats are stupid (either a bluff or telegraphing your punch!).
    I was WARNING that if liberals/socialists think middle America has no guts and can be stepped on at will?
    I believe you have a SHOCK coming. Just keep it up and you will see.

    I like a beer from time to time.
    I also like to come to debate cites and VENT from time to time!
    Keeps me sane, and calm in my day to day persona.
    Middle America has no guts. They are lazy drunk and stupid. Sports mean more than liberty.

  8. #908
    Professor
    yobarnacle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    10-26-14 @ 11:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,495

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by captainawesome View Post
    Middle America has no guts. They are lazy drunk and stupid. Sports mean more than liberty.
    wait
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by yobarnacle; 06-28-13 at 07:50 PM.
    If you live long enough, you will live in a foreign country, because the past is foreign to the present. We lived differently then. The only constant is change!

  9. #909
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    1: I don't fear God. I embrace Him. Anyone that fears God doesn't really believe in Him.

    2: God made homosexuals just like He made you and me. Because of that it would be silly to think that He considers their behavior as sinful. Only heterosexual males who wrote the bible and who want to control other peoples lives don't want it or like it. Not that I blame them for not liking it, after all during that war the other side loved to humilate those it conquered as a form of pshycological warfare. (wish i could remember which war that was :P )
    You evidently don't have a clue about God or the Bible.

  10. #910
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,626

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by yobarnacle View Post
    There are scientific laws. Then, theories, then hypothesis, then conjecture and speculation. When you confuse them, you end up with DOGMA, which is not scientific. Settled science isn't science. Ask a real scientist. Science is NEVER settled!

    The twin 50 mount held two 100 round ammo boxes, one each side feeding the 50 on that side.
    Some counted days, some KIAs, some collected ears, I counted my ammo boxes. Two boxes empty amazingly quick in a twin 50 in a fire fight.
    Did I count the boxes as I used them? of course not. I counted empty boxes when we re-ammo-ed /refueled.
    I suppose if I collected EARs that would be more acceptable to you?


    Blacks threaten to riot if Zimmerman is aquitted. They riot at thin excuses. The long suffering middle class just takes abuse, and takes, and absorbs, and rolls with the punches. Untill they DON'T! I'm not leading or threatening anything. Threats are stupid (either a bluff or telegraphing your punch!).
    I was WARNING that if liberals/socialists think middle America has no guts and can be stepped on at will?
    I believe you have a SHOCK coming. Just keep it up and you will see. I like a beer from time to time.
    I also like to come to debate cites and VENT from time to time!
    Keeps me sane, and calm in my day to day persona.
    Oh I am not the one who is confusing the issue. You seem intent on using theory to cast doubt on Evolution when it is the same word attached to Gravity. The small print may be altered from time to time as more data comes in but Evolution will not be displaced. I never said it is 'settled' but the path has been set and it is just a matter of filling in a few gaps.

    Well ears would mean ya at least hit something for all that ammo...

    Ah you said riot was nothing compared to the revolution that is coming, you told a poster it was a good thing he was in Europe so as to miss the middle Class Revolution. Then you walked that back, just as well, I don't think many folks think the middle class will revolt over Doma or SSM.

    I agree threats are stupid, but the 'just you wait 'n see' isn't much brighter.

Page 91 of 112 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •