Page 82 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
Results 811 to 820 of 1111

Thread: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

  1. #811
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    If I'm going to be accused of being a hating bigot then I've got nothing to lose by acting like one. And I've been accused of hate a few times too many merely for arguing that civil unions are a reasonable solution. Screw it. You want a culture war. Then so it is and you pushed me to the other side of it.
    Just as the Moral Fascists on the right try to promote their "moral superiority" by telling lies, they promote their belief in "personal responsibility" by blaming others for their bigoted views

    No one made you believe anything. You own your beliefs. Time to man up and take responsibility for your bigoted opinions
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #812
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsgirl View Post
    No you are being obtuse, you refuse to accept the fact that I actually produced a poll that said the exact opposite of what you claim your poll said (which can not be verified since you didn't link to a poll to begin with)

    I know it is hard to admit you were incorrect, even after you have been proven to be so.
    I'm starting to think maybe you're not just stubborn. Maybe you are too thick to get it. The fact someone supports gay marriage does not mean they do not support civil unions. When asked to choose which they think would be best, it is ignorant to assume any answer automatically means non-support for any other.

    Let's test this out with you....

    You obviously think gay marriage is the best solution. Do you oppose civil unions? Hawaii has civil unions. Do you not support civil unions in Hawaii?

    By your specious assertion, if you think gay marriage is the best solution then you don't support Hawaii's civil union... i.e., you would take that away from them if given the option. Is that really the way you feel?

  3. #813
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Just as the Moral Fascists on the right try to promote their "moral superiority" by telling lies, they promote their belief in "personal responsibility" by blaming others for their bigoted views

    No one made you believe anything. You own your beliefs. Time to man up and take responsibility for your bigoted opinions
    I think that would apply to everyone, wouldn't it? You, included. I seriously doubt you have any tolerance for "moral fascists", even that label is ignorant and biased. Own your bigotry.

  4. #814
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I think that would apply to everyone, wouldn't it? You, included. I seriously doubt you have any tolerance for "moral fascists", even that label is ignorant and biased. Own your bigotry.
    And the Moral Fascists also like to demonstrate their opposition to moral relativism with "mature" arguments like "You do it too!"

    The right wing has no principles. Just bumper sticker slogans that they chant when it's convenient, and ignore when it comes to their own behavior.

    And when someone calls them on it, they whine about being oppressed because someone disagreed with them.

    That's why they're such losers. The american people reject their weak and whiny "ideology"

    Enjoy your poutrage
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #815
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    And the Moral Fascists also like to demonstrate their opposition to moral relativism with "mature" arguments like "You do it too!"
    Holy crap. A pinko accusing the right of "moral relativism". Don't quit your day job. Your comedy isn't working.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  6. #816
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-16-13 @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,568

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I think bias is skewing your perspective or your perspective takes in a broad scope of time with a lot of change in between. The pro SSM side has been snarling rabidly at anyone and everyone that does not go along with their agenda without question. Count up the references to racists, nzi's and "hate-filled bigots" and see which side has the winning tally.
    well if they weren't such hate filled sociopathic control freak bullies we wouldn't call them bigots.

  7. #817
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by captainawesome View Post
    well if they weren't such hate filled sociopathic control freak bullies we wouldn't call them bigots.
    Right... you only call people who disagree with you hate-filled control freak bullies and bigots because that's what people who disagree with you are.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  8. #818
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Holy crap. A pinko accusing the right of "moral relativism". Don't quit your day job. Your comedy isn't working.
    The childish hate on the right results in them making arguments like "I'm rubber, you're glue"

    Too many of them don't have a lick of sense in them
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #819
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,366

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Oh you mean the state legislatures? Those four? Actually in all but one, MA, where a judge ruled for the people, the state legislatures decided for the people. WHENEVER the issue has come to a vote by the people, the gay agenda has lost!


    Tim-
    I wonder why since Gays make up a whole 3% of the population. Votes to discriminate against minorities are not valid in America. Soon us whites will be Very glad about that.

  10. #820
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    The childish hate on the right results in them making arguments like "I'm rubber, you're glue"

    Too many of them don't have a lick of sense in them
    Yeah... the nerve they have to see things differently than you do. They deserve to be called whatever names you want and they shouldn't take offense to that.

    Whatever. All you do is strengthen their resolve. So keep up with the hate speech and ugly rhetoric and see where it gets you.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

Page 82 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •