Page 77 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
Results 761 to 770 of 1111

Thread: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

  1. #761
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,625

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by yobarnacle View Post
    Theories can not be proven, only disproven sometimes. Scientific facts and artifacts do exist. sometimes these "facts" also get disproven. scientists are people. People make mistakes.

    How many would cross over? I have a list of names here somewhere.... I counted my ammo boxes, later converted to rough tons, easier to remember as I've forgotten how many boxes. That was 35 years ago. 450 somethin, 460...forget I chose NOT to count bodies. never met Kerry I'm a patriot. I don't want to see bloody civil war in this country. Ever. A political revolution restoring traditional constitutional ideals? YES! Is there a danger the middle class will riot? Of course. Is it VERY likely eminent? I hope not.

    Mayhem is a crime, meaning unlawful. Murder and mayhem do not occur in war. the killing and maiming is lawfully done. Not crimes. Would rebels be guilty of mayhem? The singular only justification for revolution has ALWAYS been; success Other wise, failed revolutionaries are criminals and traitors. Am I deliberately vague? Yes. I'm not fomenting a rebellion. Am I frothing at the mouth? Depends on the head on the mug.
    Can you disprove gravity? When scientists use theory the concept is past prove/disprove and now awaiting that magic part that convinces even the worst skeptic it is valid. The Theory of Relativity is one of the newer ones and is still on occasion wobbling on the knife edge- Evolution and Gravity are not. They can make mistakes but not to the point of invalidation. There certainly is no credible rival to evolution.

    I'm sure you have a list of names... Howsomeever the list that wouldn't is beyond your ability to list.

    It just made me wonder about you to say 8 tons, not around 8 tons or a bit more/less of 8 tons but just flat out 8 tons. You have the distinction of being the first gunner I know to have kept track of the number of boxes he fired and then converted them to weight. (most are too busy to keep track, many don't use boxes but bandoleers)

    Odd you would claim to only want peaceful political revolution when you posted several rather strident rants about the middle class rising up in revolution and another poster is safe in Europe... a peaceful political revolution... what is the fear??? You seem to be back tracking now, and that is just as well/fairly typical.

    Mayhem has three definitions I see. That you only see the first is telling. Be it riots in the street as you referred to as being mild compared to what the middle class revolution will be seems to indicate mayhem... but you now dance away from that...again just as well.

    Now you claim to not be fomenting, yet you 'see' a time where the middle class will rise up in revolution making past riots look tame...

    I'd agree with you on one thing, it does seem to involve a frothy mug....

  2. #762
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Someone who is against the civil rights of LGBT people, are certainly bigots.
    big·ot·ry [big-uh-tree] Show IPA
    noun, plural big·ot·ries.
    1.
    stubborn and complete intolerance of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one's own.
    2.
    the actions, beliefs, prejudices, etc., of a bigot.
    Origin:
    1665–75; bigot + -ry, formation parallel to French bigoterie

    Synonyms
    1. narrow-mindedness, bias, discrimination.

    This applies to the advocates of homosexual marriage, too, that have proven themselves to be shrill, hateful, narrow-minded, biased and utterly intolerant of beliefs different from their own.

  3. #763
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,745

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    big·ot·ry [big-uh-tree] Show IPA
    noun, plural big·ot·ries.
    1.
    stubborn and complete intolerance of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one's own.
    2.
    the actions, beliefs, prejudices, etc., of a bigot.
    Origin:
    1665–75; bigot + -ry, formation parallel to French bigoterie

    Synonyms
    1. narrow-mindedness, bias, discrimination.

    This applies to the advocates of homosexual marriage, too, that have proven themselves to be shrill, hateful, narrow-minded, biased and utterly intolerant of beliefs different from their own.
    Wait... so if someone is completely intolerant of someone who is against civil rights towards blacks or Jews, that person TOO is a bigot?
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #764
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Bigots like Barack Obama, Bill Clinton, and more that half the voters in California and many other states? Especially Obama, who decided he would "evolve" when the time was politically right for him. People are bigots that believe marriage is between a man and a woman, only? Or is that just if they are republican. Are they bigots too if they believe the SCOTUS has made an error? You really must have a broad definition of "bigot".
    Anyone who believes that somehow THEY are entitled to special rights and support denying them to others are bigots. Its not difficult. Just pick up a dictionary.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  5. #765
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Wait... so if someone is completely intolerant of someone who is against civil rights towards blacks or Jews, that person TOO is a bigot?
    Bias, narrow-minded, utter intolerance to other viewpoints... Yeah, people who hate blacks or Jews could qualify just as much as people who hate those against gay marriage would qualify.

  6. #766
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Anyone who believes that somehow THEY are entitled to special rights and support denying them to others are bigots. Its not difficult. Just pick up a dictionary.
    I see you don't approve of affirmative action, either. I think the Supreme Court will be ruling on that soon, too.

  7. #767
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,745

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Bias, narrow-minded, utter intolerance to other viewpoints... Yeah, people who hate blacks or Jews could qualify just as much as people who hate those against gay marriage would qualify.
    That's not what I said. What about those who are intolerant of those AGAINST giving civil rights towards blacks and Jews? By your definition, folks like that would also be bigots... just like those who hate those FOR SSM.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #768
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    That's not what I said. What about those who are intolerant of those AGAINST giving civil rights towards blacks and Jews? By your definition, folks like that would also be bigots... just like those who hate those FOR SSM.
    If you can't tolerate any view on something but your own, you are a bigot by definition. Being for or against isn't the criteria. Being utterly intolerant of any opposing views is.

  9. #769
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,745

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    If you can't tolerate any view on something but your own, you are a bigot by definition. Being for or against isn't the criteria. Being utterly intolerant of any opposing views is.
    Good to know you are consistent on this issue... however, I cannot agree that being intolerant of folks who would deny the civil rights of others is being bigoted. I believe that you are expanding the definition of "bigot" to something that is not used, generally. Bigotry is generally used in relation to intolerance towards groups BECAUSE of that group's difference in race, creed, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, etc... not just their beliefs. For example, being intolerant of conservatives or liberals would not be considered bigotry with the standard usage of the word.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #770
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Good to know you are consistent on this issue... however, I cannot agree that being intolerant of folks who would deny the civil rights of others is being bigoted. I believe that you are expanding the definition of "bigot" to something that is not used, generally. Bigotry is generally used in relation to intolerance towards groups BECAUSE of that group's difference in race, creed, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, etc... not just their beliefs. For example, being intolerant of conservatives or liberals would not be considered bigotry with the standard usage of the word.
    Being against the redefinition of marriage shouldn't generally be considered "bigotted", either, but the accusations of bigotry are ubiqutous from the homosexual marriage advocates. And while you may argue that it's really all about civil rights, I think that argument fails miserably because homosexuals have all the rights anyone else has. It's the definition of marriage that doesn't suit their preferences that is the problem. The fact that I have this point of view would have homosexual advocates calling me a bigot and in reality, their hardline position is hateful and utterly intolerant of opposition and is, in fact, bigotted. If you must qualify that by making it against a group, then let's say they're bigotted against "evangelicals". I can't tell you how many times I've heard homosexuals spouting hate speech about them.

Page 77 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •