Page 64 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
Results 631 to 640 of 1111

Thread: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

  1. #631
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,315

    Re: DOMA unconstitutional. 5-4 decision.

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    here was the answer in post 361
    ...

    so to fill in the blanks,
    rights not to be unfairly discriminated against, equality protections and marriage would all be an issue
    You originally said you're fighting for your rights given to others, or some such thing, so I asked you what rights you don't have that everyone else has.
    You said you're not gay so what you just said doesn't apply.
    And even if you WERE gay if you move to the right state even THAT wouldn't apply.
    So really, everything in your sig line is a reality.
    Why do you sound so bitter and act so put upon.

  2. #632
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by yobarnacle View Post
    Sitting safely in Europe, riots in America wouldn't worry you.

    but imagine the turmoil when minorities rioted, escalated by magnitudes if the abused middle class goes on rampage?

    I think they'd call that 'revolution", not riot!



    I am confident in the ability of the United States police forces and military to put down any far right insurrection.

  3. #633
    Professor
    yobarnacle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    10-26-14 @ 11:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,495

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    I am confident in the ability of the United States police forces and military to put down any far right insurrection.
    Do you think liberals join the military?

    The military is we conservatives, and sworn to uphold and defend the constitution.

    Nobody swears allegiance to any politician in THIs country's military.
    If you live long enough, you will live in a foreign country, because the past is foreign to the present. We lived differently then. The only constant is change!

  4. #634
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: DOMA unconstitutional. 5-4 decision.

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    You originally said you're fighting for your rights given to others, or some such thing, so I asked you what rights you don't have that everyone else has.
    You said you're not gay so what you just said doesn't apply.
    And even if you WERE gay if you move to the right state even THAT wouldn't apply.
    So really, everything in your sig line is a reality.
    Why do you sound so bitter and act so put upon.
    LMAO i just listed the rights AGAIN and you are trying to ignore them, its not working nobody honest buys it, im not bitter at all im laughing at the entertainment.

    Also per the second argument of discrimination that has been heard in court and stated by judges I do not have equal rights so you are wrong yet again

    lastly your example of MOVING doesnt apply nor is it equal because others would not have to move and i would, so you fail again.

    now if you would stop dodging and explain the logic behind your inane statement that marriage will be forced, this is like the tenth time you dodged it, we are waiting lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #635
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,961
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Um, it wasn't a point made in the constitution, who said that? It was a point made in the prohibition of polygamy by legislation.

    But I did not expect you to address the point directly, you seldom do.
    The point of a SCOTUS blog is how the SCOTUS will treat Constitutional issues. If plural marriage is deemed to pass Constitutional muster then the intent of a legislative prohibition of polygamy won't carry much weight. And btw, polyandry will have as much standing as polygamy, so plural marriage is a better term.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  6. #636
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    The point of a SCOTUS blog is how the SCOTUS will treat Constitutional issues. If plural marriage is deemed to pass Constitutional muster then the intent of a legislative prohibition of polygamy won't carry much weight. And btw, polyandry will have as much standing as polygamy, so plural marriage is a better term.
    Jack....we already have fed legislation against polygamy, it has passed challenges, it remains on the books.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #637
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,054

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    I would think first you would have to have a case in which a witch has been burned, or has been ordered to be burned, after being condemned under the laws of one of the states. No such law - then no need for the SCOTUS to rule on any such action.
    Actually they only have to show that a law causes them some sort of harm, it doesn't have to be criminal or physical harm. It can be merely being inconvenienced more than another group or treated differently than another group because of a law.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  8. #638
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,961
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Jack....we already have fed legislation against polygamy, it has passed challenges, it remains on the books.
    Just like DOMA used to . . .
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  9. #639
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Jack....we already have fed legislation against polygamy, it has passed challenges, it remains on the books.
    Any legal argument based on the rights of people to marry whomever they claim they love will be able to be used to challenge laws against polygamy just as surely as they might be used to challenge laws against homosexual marriage. I GUARANTEE challenges to anti-polygamy laws will be coming if homosexuals are successful in their challenges. There are already groups working toward that end.

  10. #640
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by yobarnacle View Post
    Do you think liberals join the military?

    The military is we conservatives, and sworn to uphold and defend the constitution.

    Nobody swears allegiance to any politician in THIs country's military.

    You are 100 percent wrong.

    President Obama is a politician and he is also the Commander-In-Chief of the U.S. military.

    Every enlisted person who joins the U.S. Military takes an oath to obey his orders.

    That is a fact. Whether you like it or not.

    Check it out: United States Armed Forces oath of enlistment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    I knew this without looking it up because I served in the U.S. Regular Army for 6 years and I am somewhat liberal.

    You are out of touch with reality.




    "Better days are coming." ~ ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.

Page 64 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •