Page 63 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 630 of 1111

Thread: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

  1. #621
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    A little bit of knowledge for the deniers


    At the time of the Loving decision in 1967, more than 60% of Americans were against interracial marriage. The Virginia judge who first ruled against the Lovings said at the time of his decision:

    Today only in Mississippi do more people favour banning interracial marriage than support it.

    So when yobarnacle writes, "many think and feel similarly as I do" he is correct but sadly for him and other bigots, many does not translate into most. The trends are on the side of those who don't think any Americans should be kept from enjoying the same rights and privileges as other Americans.
    Speaking of Mississippi, when is the SCOTUS going to rule witch burning unconstitutional?

  2. #622
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:28 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,843

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Many felt it was morally wrong for interracial couples to get married (many, many more than those who are currently against same sex marriage). The SCOTUS still struck down those bans and they still remained in office. Your threats are foolish.
    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    Speaking of Mississippi, when is the SCOTUS going to rule witch burning unconstitutional?
    I would think first you would have to have a case in which a witch has been burned, or has been ordered to be burned, after being condemned under the laws of one of the states. No such law - then no need for the SCOTUS to rule on any such action.
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  3. #623
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Navy Pride woke up to the nightmare that he should have expected for a long time. Yesterday was a bad day to be a bigot in America.



    The far-right evangelicals and others lost this battle and they will lose many more in the future.

    They are on the wrong (Losing.) side of every social issue.

    But, unfortunately, I doubt that many, if any, of them will ever accept reality.

    Their faith is too strong, and their stupidity runs too deep. They are True Believers.

    They will go to their graves unhappy that others don't accept their vision of what their God wants to happen.

    And I will continue to laugh at their wrongheaded foolishness.



    "Man has created God in his own vision: intolerant, sexist, homophobic, and violent." ~ Marie
    Last edited by shrubnose; 06-27-13 at 03:26 PM.

  4. #624
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by yobarnacle View Post
    "My argument is, what happens, has ALWAYS happened, to societies that DID and WHEN it accepted homosexuality. "
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____

    "And that's an appeal to tradition logical fallacy which doesn't pass the logic test."

    Logic test? It's history. What logic test?

    I've given you a couple of studies, and there are at least dozens, showing symptoms shared by societies in decline, failing, falling.

    History has been studied longer than psychology!



    Many people on the right would like to see America fail, so that they could say President Obama failed.

    America will not fail, it will survive and prosper.

    The right will fail.

    In about thirty years massive demographic change in the USA (That is going on right now, most babies born right now are born to mothers other than non-Hispanic Whites. Do the math.) will reduce the GOP to a minor, regional, party with no national power.

    Don't think so?

    Wait and see.

    No one can stop time and/or change.

    Have a nice day. And a long, wonderful, life in the new, tolerant, America.



    "Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.

  5. #625
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Yes but as history is showing each year it gathers more and more support. Those against SSM are simply on the losing side of history.
    Actually, history shows that these types of things fluctuate up and down.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  6. #626
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius46 View Post
    That will only grow over time given the demographics of SSM supporters. Significant majorities of young people support SSM.
    Perhaps, it may also decrease over time.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  7. #627
    Professor
    yobarnacle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    10-26-14 @ 11:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,495

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Many people on the right would like to see America fail, so that they could say President Obama failed.

    America will not fail, it will survive and prosper.

    The right will fail.

    In about thirty years massive demographic change in the USA (That is going on right now, most babies born right now are born to mothers other than non-Hispanic Whites. Do the math.) will reduce the GOP to a minor, regional, party with no national power.

    Don't think so?

    Wait and see.

    No one can stop time and/or change.

    Have a nice day. And a long, wonderful, life in the new, tolerant, America.



    "Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.
    In case you failed to notice, i'm independent.

    the GOP is NOT the right.

    Both major parties are big government, big spenders.

    I want both to disappear from face of the planet.

    tweedledee and tweedledumber.

    The RIGHT are conservatives. Which neither GOP or DEMs are.

    2014 will be the crossroads. Either we throw out ALL incumbents seeking re-election, and replace them with true conservatives, or the USA ceases to be an individualistic government, and becomes collectivist like the rest of the world.

    I hope we can salvage our heritage.

    As to the collectivists around the world?

    "bleep"

    Oh, senor. Habla espanol? Yo si. Soy exito en pais multiple.
    Last edited by yobarnacle; 06-27-13 at 04:20 PM.
    If you live long enough, you will live in a foreign country, because the past is foreign to the present. We lived differently then. The only constant is change!

  8. #628
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by yobarnacle View Post
    In case you failed to notice, i'm independent.

    the GOP is NOT the right.

    Both major parties are big government, big spenders.

    I want both to disappear from face of the planet.

    tweedledee and tweedledumber.

    The RIGHT are conservatives. Which neither GOP or DEMs are.

    2014 will be the crossroads. Either we throw out ALL incumbents seeking re-election, and replace them with true conservatives, or the USA ceases to be an individualistic government, and becomes collectivist like the rest of the world.

    I hope we can salvage our heritage.

    As to the collectivists around the world?

    "bleep"



    Keep dreaming.

    The conservatives are going down the tubes with the GOP.

    Wait and see.

    The clock is ticking.

  9. #629
    Professor
    yobarnacle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    10-26-14 @ 11:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,495

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    No, I mean in public. Flaunting your heterosexuality by kissing a woman. It's offensive, did you lack attention as a child?
    Nope.

    My parents encouraged me to enroll in every violent activity they/I could find.

    as a safe acceptable outlet for my intense aggressiveness.

    but I'm STILL me.
    If you live long enough, you will live in a foreign country, because the past is foreign to the present. We lived differently then. The only constant is change!

  10. #630
    Professor
    yobarnacle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    10-26-14 @ 11:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,495

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Keep dreaming.

    The conservatives are going down the tubes with the GOP.

    Wait and see.

    The clock is ticking.

    Sitting safely in Europe, riots in America wouldn't worry you.

    but imagine the turmoil when minorities rioted, escalated by magnitudes if the abused middle class goes on rampage?

    I think they'd call that 'revolution", not riot!
    If you live long enough, you will live in a foreign country, because the past is foreign to the present. We lived differently then. The only constant is change!

Page 63 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •