Page 60 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast
Results 591 to 600 of 1111

Thread: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

  1. #591
    Professor
    yobarnacle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    10-26-14 @ 11:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,495

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    You gave me no facts. You gave me the opinions of a bunch of people with no substantiation. Facts are supported by research and data. You provided none. I have facts. You do not. If you believe you do, show me some reliable and credible research that shows that homosexuality is NOT normal. Links are required. Opinions without research are not relevant.
    I said in more than one post, that acceptance of homosexuality is a symptom concurrent with and predictive of a civilizations fall.
    "Those who don't study history, are doomed to repeat it."
    The topic 'Civilization Decline' is as important as any OTHER field of study, and much has been written about it over the centuries.

    "That thing we call civilization is the tangible expression of a society's intelligence; what is decaying in our community is our mental powers; as individuals, as groups, as communities, we are losing the ability to think clearly. Naturally as our perception decays so does the effectiveness of our administration and the impact of our technology — our strength and understanding. Discovering why a civilization rises and falls, is learning how a society gains then loses comprehension. "


    What is declining when a civilization declines (November 2001)




    The dumbing down of America is REAL!
    If you live long enough, you will live in a foreign country, because the past is foreign to the present. We lived differently then. The only constant is change!

  2. #592
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by yobarnacle View Post
    I said in more than one post, that acceptance of homosexuality is a symptom concurrent with and predictive of a civilizations fall.
    "Those who don't study history, are doomed to repeat it."
    The topic 'Civilization Decline' is as important as any OTHER field of study, and much has been written about it over the centuries.

    "That thing we call civilization is the tangible expression of a society's intelligence; what is decaying in our community is our mental powers; as individuals, as groups, as communities, we are losing the ability to think clearly. Naturally as our perception decays so does the effectiveness of our administration and the impact of our technology — our strength and understanding. Discovering why a civilization rises and falls, is learning how a society gains then loses comprehension. "


    What is declining when a civilization declines (November 2001)




    The dumbing down of America is REAL!
    An article written by someone with no research or substantiation is meaningless. Post a study that shows that homosexuality is abnormal and you will have something to discuss. So far, you have produced nothing of substance.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #593
    Professor
    yobarnacle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    10-26-14 @ 11:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,495

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    An article written by someone with no research or substantiation is meaningless. Post a study that shows that homosexuality is abnormal and you will have something to discuss. So far, you have produced nothing of substance.
    Of course you want to dictate what I should post.
    I can find 'experts" from earlier times but your response likely will be, disproved by "modern" research.

    My point isn't about the psychology of homosexuals. whether or not they can function responsibly in society.

    My argument is, what happens, has ALWAYS happened, to societies that DID and WHEN it accepted homosexuality.

    I don't hate homosexuals.

    I HATE that a society, our country, a civilization of great merit now ENDORSES homosexuality, to it's ruin.
    If you live long enough, you will live in a foreign country, because the past is foreign to the present. We lived differently then. The only constant is change!

  4. #594
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by yobarnacle View Post
    Of course you want to dictate what I should post.
    No, I want you to post facts. If you are going to make assertions of fact, you need to substantiate. If you just want to post your opinions, make sure you identify them as "just your opinion".

    I can find 'experts" from earlier times but your response likely will be, disproved by "modern" research.
    Correct. And I will substantiate my response with links.

    My point isn't about the psychology of homosexuals. whether or not they can function responsibly in society.
    OK.

    My argument is, what happens, has ALWAYS happened, to societies that DID and WHEN it accepted homosexuality.
    And that's an appeal to tradition logical fallacy which doesn't pass the logic test.

    I don't hate homosexuals.
    Good.

    I HATE that a society, our country, a civilization of great merit now ENDORSES homosexuality, to it's ruin.
    And that's your opinion. And you are entitled to it. But if you try to masquerade it as a fact, you need to present some research or substantiation that supports it.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #595
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,710

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The standards of marriage have been modified to include SS couples and nothing else. Any arguments against polygamy and incest that existed before SSM are still valid now. You are making a strawman argument because you have nothing.
    I am pointing out that the very same legal argument for gay marriage holds for polygamy and incest. As I said a while ago, I don't oppose gay marriage, I oppose the argument being used for it because it was far too broad in scope and applied to far to many other potential unions. Having won on that argument they've now given legal standing to any of those other unions that wish to challenge the law prohibiting them.

    Also, you don't seem to understand what a straw man argument is.

  6. #596
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    You do have a right to be angry, but your anger is no justification for disallowing SSM. You are going to have to come up with a better argument than that.

    And multiple polls show this, it is a well known fact that this country is for SSM.
    By a very slim margin.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  7. #597
    Professor
    yobarnacle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    10-26-14 @ 11:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,495

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    "My argument is, what happens, has ALWAYS happened, to societies that DID and WHEN it accepted homosexuality. "
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____

    "And that's an appeal to tradition logical fallacy which doesn't pass the logic test."

    Logic test? It's history. What logic test?

    I've given you a couple of studies, and there are at least dozens, showing symptoms shared by societies in decline, failing, falling.

    History has been studied longer than psychology!
    If you live long enough, you will live in a foreign country, because the past is foreign to the present. We lived differently then. The only constant is change!

  8. #598
    Professor
    yobarnacle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    10-26-14 @ 11:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,495

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Of the twenty-two civilizations that have appeared in history, nineteen of them collapsed when they reached the moral state the United States is in now.”
    ― Arnold Joseph Toynbee


    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.”
    ― Arnold Joseph Toynbee

    The British historian Arnold Joseph Toynbee was born in London on 14 April 1889 and died on 22 October 1975 in York, North Yorkshire, England. He was educated at Winchester College and Balliol College, Oxford. He was the nephew of economic historian Arnold Toynbee, with whom he is sometimes confused. His first marriage to Rosalind Murray, with whom he had three sons, ended in divorce in 1946. Professor Toynbee then married Veronica M. Boulter, his research assistant.
    From 1919 to 1924 Arnold J. Toynbee was professor of modern Greek and Byzantine history at King's College, London. From 1925 until 1955 Professor Toynbee served as research professor and Director of Studies at the Royal Institute of International Affairs.

    Arnold Joseph Toynbee (Author of A Study of History, Abridgement of Vols 1-6)

    Arnold Toynbee's A Study of History has been acknowledged as one of the greatest achievements of modern scholarship. A ten-volume analysis of the rise and fall of human civilizations, it is a work of breath-taking breadth and vision.
    Last edited by yobarnacle; 06-27-13 at 08:32 AM.
    If you live long enough, you will live in a foreign country, because the past is foreign to the present. We lived differently then. The only constant is change!

  9. #599
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    You can kill babies for convenience, but not criminals in self defense.

    #libtardlogic



    Wrong.

    What you can do is obey the law or pay the price.



    "Better day's are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.

  10. #600
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Read the blog here.

    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

    [/FONT][/COLOR]



    Those who lost last November will stay on the wrong (Losing.) side of every social issue and continue to lose in the future.

    Hard to believe, but wait and see what happens.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •