Page 57 of 112 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 1111

Thread: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

  1. #561
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    I believe God is watching and the SCOTUS made a terrible mistake today by one vote. I believe this just another step until the end of the world
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #562
    Professor
    yobarnacle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    10-26-14 @ 11:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,495

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    [QUOTE=Your Star;1061979836]You have no right to not be angry, or furious, or whatever you feel about this either. QUOTE]

    A double negative is a positive and you are correct. I DO have a right to be angry and do something about it. And your definition of majority is strange.

    Same-Sex Marriage Support Solidifies Above 50% in U.S.

    "May 13, 2013
    Same-Sex Marriage Support Solidifies Above 50% in U.S.

    Results for this Gallup poll are based on telephone interviews conducted May 2-7, 2013, with a random sample of 1,535 adults, aged 18 and older, living in all 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia.

    For results based on the total sample of national adults, one can say with 95% confidence that the margin of sampling error is 3 percentage points.

    Samples are weighted to correct for unequal selection probability, "

    Only 1500 people sampled?
    samples weighted?

    95% probability +/- 3 % ?

    I wouldn't crow too loud.

    i'd also be curious if the pollsters were straight or gay? Might have affected the poll do you think?

    and Gallop is definetly a liberal outfit. Proven to be Not un-biased.
    If you live long enough, you will live in a foreign country, because the past is foreign to the present. We lived differently then. The only constant is change!

  3. #563
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,360

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by yobarnacle View Post
    A double negative is a positive and you are correct. I DO have a right to be angry and do something about it. And your definition of majority is strange.

    Same-Sex Marriage Support Solidifies Above 50% in U.S.

    "May 13, 2013
    Same-Sex Marriage Support Solidifies Above 50% in U.S.

    Results for this Gallup poll are based on telephone interviews conducted May 2-7, 2013, with a random sample of 1,535 adults, aged 18 and older, living in all 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia.

    For results based on the total sample of national adults, one can say with 95% confidence that the margin of sampling error is 3 percentage points.

    Samples are weighted to correct for unequal selection probability, "

    Only 1500 people sampled?
    samples weighted?

    95% probability +/- 3 % ?

    I wouldn't crow too loud.

    i'd also be curious if the pollsters were straight or gay? Might have affected the poll do you think?

    and Gallop is definetly a liberal outfit. Proven to be Not un-biased.
    You do have a right to be angry, but your anger is no justification for disallowing SSM. You are going to have to come up with a better argument than that.

    And multiple polls show this, it is a well known fact that this country is for SSM.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  4. #564
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I believe God is watching and the SCOTUS made a terrible mistake today by one vote. I believe this just another step until the end of the world
    Have you built you rapture bunker yet? I know a great interior designer that could make it just fab!

  5. #565
    Professor
    yobarnacle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    10-26-14 @ 11:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,495

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    You do have a right to be angry, but your anger is no justification for disallowing SSM. You are going to have to come up with a better argument than that.

    And multiple polls show this, it is a well known fact that this country is for SSM.
    Every society in history that collapsed, had the same symptoms we have in USA today. Lack of morals, malaise, apathy.

    and prevalent among those symptoms was wide acceptance of homosexuality.

    it's symptomatic of civilization in decline.

    THAT's what makes me angry. The country I love, in decline!

    becoming Sodom and Gomorrah!
    If you live long enough, you will live in a foreign country, because the past is foreign to the present. We lived differently then. The only constant is change!

  6. #566
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,360

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by yobarnacle View Post
    Every society in history that collapsed, had the same symptoms we have in USA today. Lack of morals, malaise, apathy.

    and prevalent among those symptoms was wide acceptance of homosexuality.

    it's symptomatic of civilization in decline.

    THAT's what makes me angry. The country I love, in decline!

    becoming Sodom and Gomorrah!
    Yeah that's not true

    Today was a moral VICTORY, not a moral defeat.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  7. #567
    Professor
    yobarnacle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    10-26-14 @ 11:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,495

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Yeah that's not true

    Today was a moral VICTORY, not a moral defeat.
    I'm not going to EVER agree that homosexuals hold the MORAL high ground!

    Neither does a SCOTUS that endorses homosexuality.
    If you live long enough, you will live in a foreign country, because the past is foreign to the present. We lived differently then. The only constant is change!

  8. #568
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    And that is the real dilemma for the "equal rights"/discrimination argument. You can't prove that sexual acts are dependent upon immutable characteristics.



    And you can't prove that they aren't, eh?

    We can prove that the DOMA is unconstitutional, the Supreme Court just said that it is.




    "Better day's are coming." ~ But not for today's outf touch, running out of time, GOP.

  9. #569
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by yobarnacle View Post
    I'm not going to EVER agree that homosexuals hold the MORAL high ground!

    Neither does a SCOTUS that endorses homosexuality.



    The Supreme Court doesn't care whether you agree with it or not.

    Neither do most Americans.

  10. #570
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I believe God is watching and the SCOTUS made a terrible mistake today by one vote. I believe this just another step until the end of the world



    Better start building your rapture bunker.

    Have a nice day.

    "Tolerance is giving to every other human being every right that you claim for yourself." Robert Green Ingersoll.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •