Page 56 of 112 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 560 of 1111

Thread: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

  1. #551
    Professor
    yobarnacle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    10-26-14 @ 11:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,495

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Lame.
    I only play when I'm at sea and tired of looking at water, steel, and other hard legs.
    I like the scenery.

    Which server do YOU play on?
    If you live long enough, you will live in a foreign country, because the past is foreign to the present. We lived differently then. The only constant is change!

  2. #552
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    12-22-17 @ 12:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,154

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by yobarnacle View Post
    Gays can do what they want in the privacy of the bedroom. The problem is they won't let it STAY in the bedroom.

    Where in ANY federal or state law is it ok to flaunt sexuality?

    Discretion please, and marriage belongs to heterosexuals. Invent something new.

    And invent some new words to describe yourself. Rainbow doesn't belong to you, nor gay for that matter. Old Fred Flintstone can't have a gay old time now days.

    if you want respect? GIVE SOME!
    The equal protection thing. If you can do something with your wife/girlfriend/SO in public, so should those in same sex relationships be allowed to do those things. There is no legitimate reason to restrict what they do in public to something less than what opposite sex couples are allowed to do.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  3. #553
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    52,280

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by yobarnacle View Post
    Gays can do what they want in the privacy of the bedroom. The problem is they won't let it STAY in the bedroom.

    Where in ANY federal or state law is it ok to flaunt sexuality?

    Discretion please, and marriage belongs to heterosexuals. Invent something new.

    And invent some new words to describe yourself. Rainbow doesn't belong to you, nor gay for that matter. Old Fred Flintstone can't have a gay old time now days.

    if you want respect? GIVE SOME!
    Quit flaunting your heterosexuality. Don't you know how offensive that is to me, personally?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #554
    Professor
    yobarnacle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    10-26-14 @ 11:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,495

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Quit flaunting your heterosexuality. Don't you know how offensive that is to me, personally?
    Under 1st amendment I can SAY offensive things if I wish1 That's my right. You do NOT have a right to be not offended! Not YET anyway. God forbid you ever do.

    Flaunting is parading around and deliberately calling attention to yourself because, well maybe you didn't get enough attention when you were little?
    If you live long enough, you will live in a foreign country, because the past is foreign to the present. We lived differently then. The only constant is change!

  5. #555
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,415

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by yobarnacle View Post
    Under 1st amendment I can SAY offensive things if I wish1 That's my right. You do NOT have a right to be not offended! Not YET anyway. God forbid you ever do.

    Flaunting is parading around and deliberately calling attention to yourself because, well maybe you didn't get enough attention when you were little?
    The same applies to you, you have no right to not be offended by homosexuality, and Same Sex Marriage.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  6. #556
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,821

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by hfd View Post
    Why shouldn't polygamy be legal? And again, if we are the result of millions of years of evolutionary accidents why should we legalize incest? Other animals are involved in it. They seem to do quite well.
    You are welcome to your opinion although I disagree. Perhaps you should join a movement and petition the courts. When you get the majority of the public to agree with you about polygamy and incest you might have a chance at them being recognized...good luck, you'll need it.

  7. #557
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    The "point by Joaquin" doesn't exist as a point of Constitutional interest. The availability (or not) of suitable mates is a point on which the Constitution is silent.
    Um, it wasn't a point made in the constitution, who said that? It was a point made in the prohibition of polygamy by legislation.

    But I did not expect you to address the point directly, you seldom do.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #558
    Professor
    yobarnacle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    10-26-14 @ 11:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,495

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    The same applies to you, you have no right to not be offended by homosexuality, and Same Sex Marriage.
    You are the ones saying I'm offended.

    I never said I was offended.

    I'm ANGRY that our traditional values are being flushed down the toilet!

    Well, that's not precise either. I'm WAY past angry! i'm FURIOUS!

    And determined with others to do something about it.

    First we need to throw EVERY incumbent in congress and senate out on their "collective" arses. In 2014.
    If you live long enough, you will live in a foreign country, because the past is foreign to the present. We lived differently then. The only constant is change!

  9. #559
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by yobarnacle View Post
    I'm ANGRY that our traditional values are being flushed down the toilet!

    .
    Heterosexuals can and do still get married. So what are you talking about?

  10. #560
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,415

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by yobarnacle View Post
    You are the ones saying I'm offended.

    I never said I was offended.

    I'm ANGRY that our traditional values are being flushed down the toilet!

    Well, that's not precise either. I'm WAY past angry! i'm FURIOUS!

    And determined with others to do something about it.

    First we need to throw EVERY incumbent in congress and senate out on their "collective" arses. In 2014.
    You have no right to not be angry, or furious, or whatever you feel about this either. The majority of the country disagree's with you, and soon it will be law in all 50 states. It is an inevitability that you will have to get used too.

    Also, if your "values" are centered around denying people the right to live their lives as they see fit, then I'm glad I'm not on your side. And it's easy to see why your side is losing this fight, badly.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •