Page 46 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 1111

Thread: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

  1. #451
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Dallas Fort Worth
    Last Seen
    06-26-13 @ 06:44 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    It's not that surprising, if you take it as an intent to limit the expansion of government involvement into marriage.
    Except DOMA was a huge federal step towards government intervening in the legal and social definition of marriage that limited rights.

  2. #452
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by employmentatty View Post
    Except DOMA was a huge federal step towards government intervening in the legal and social definition of marriage that limited rights.
    DOMA still stands with only the section brought before the court struck...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  3. #453
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Not morally.
    Yes morally.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #454
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: DOMA unconstitutional. 5-4 decision.

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    Another victory for the perverts and the sodomites. The devil must be having a party.
    You have shown that don't know what either of these words mean, so your point is irrelevant.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #455
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    DOMA still stands with only the section brought before the court struck...
    Meh, a 3 legged stool with one leg missing won't stand for long.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #456
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Sexual orientation has to do with identity and is basically established by the time you enter puberty. It has a genetic and environmental component. It is no more a choice than saying lefthandedness is.
    We know for a fact that even if sexual orientation isn't always a choice that it can be a choice. We have no proof, however, that it is NOT a choice.

  7. #457
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Meh, a 3 legged stool with one leg missing won't stand for long.
    The court made a very narrow ruling. It appears there is no desire to tread in these waters...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  8. #458
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    Thank God this is over. Now we can get on to important NATIONAL issues. Things like insane debt, war, and federal government corruption.
    What makes you think this is over, and why are you only able to think about one issue at a time?

  9. #459
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    So you must be saying that Mr. and Mrs. Loving did not deserve the equal right to marriage as same race couples since they could have chosen to have sex with someone of their own race rather than each other.
    It must have been really awkward trying to type that clumsy attempt to refute the fact that anyone's sexual acts are dependent upon immutable characteristics. The Loving case is not the same because race is an immutable characteristic and because that immutable characteristic is the only thing that barred the loving marriage from being legal in the state of Virginia. In order to have a parallel, homosexuals will have to prove that homosexuality is an immutable characteristic. Good luck proving that.

  10. #460
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    The court made a very narrow ruling. It appears there is no desire to tread in these waters...
    Narrow or not, Section 3 is dead. Section 2 has challenges.

    Wobbly wobbly...
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Page 46 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •