Page 41 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 1111

Thread: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

  1. #401
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Polygamy was never widespread.
    By definition. It causes tons of problems. Hence the laws and social biases against it. So your argument that it is equivalent to gay marriage is foolish.

    You are mistaken in the homophobia. I'm not suggesting that homosexuality encourages pedophilia. I'm rejecting your suggestion that incest does any more than homosexuality does. Parents abusing their children isn't a product of their incestuous desire, but the incest is a result of their abusive desire.
    Sure incest does for obvious reasons. If children can be viewed as legitimate future sex objects by a parent or sibling in a family, they can be viewed as current ones.

  2. #402
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:24 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,295
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Right on the first part. Wrong on the second part. Ohio does not have to recognize a gay marriage from Connecticut.
    Full Faith and Credit clause.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #403
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Um, polygamy existed before gay marriage, and polygamy was ended, in fact outlawed in the US by 3 statutes, for a number of reasons chiefly that polygamy restricted males from finding a female mate, a fact that is not changed today. Gay marriage does not change this reason.
    Equal rights. You're forgetting about equal rights. Women may wish to marry more than one man, and, of course, they should have that right since people should be able to marry whomever they love, right? The problem is that this undoes your argument that it must naturally be one man and many women. You are making an unfair gender assumption and gender doesn't apply to marriage any more, right?

  4. #404
    Antichrist
    zgoldsmith23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TN
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    If the gay gene is discovered, trust me.... parents will be very happy if they could be sure their children wouldn't end up being homosexuals. Few parents hope they'll never have grandchildren. And why wouldn't it be good to eliminate this problem? It's an affliction that homosexuals say they have no control over and if parents could assure their children would never have this affliction, that would be good, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by zgoldsmith23 View Post
    Oh for the love of "god." First, it doesn't matter if parents will be happy. Gay people can (and more could) if it weren't for people such as yourself that consider homosexuality a negative quality. Homosexuals say they have no control over this affliction? Who said this was an affliction? Smallpox is an affliction, homosexuality is not. I see your education on this subject is, much like others, non-existent.
    Hey, Papa, you gonna reply or run away? I'm waiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I've never denied my own hackish tendencies
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin dÁr View Post
    scientific by itself isn't enough of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxshep View Post
    Not all Nazis were bad people

  5. #405
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Full Faith and Credit clause.
    Homosexuals can try this avenue, but it's a bastardization of the purpose of the full faith and credit clause and there's no guarantee that it will work out for them.

  6. #406
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Equal rights. You're forgetting about equal rights. Women may wish to marry more than one man, and, of course, they should have that right since people should be able to marry whomever they love, right? The problem is that this undoes your argument that it must naturally be one man and many women. You are making an unfair gender assumption and gender doesn't apply to marriage any more, right?
    The SC has recognized the basic human right of marrying one person, I'm unaware that the court has recognized the right to marry multiple people....and again, the court has upheld federal laws against polygamy/bigamy.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #407
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,057

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Obamacare, blanket amnesty for illegals, same sex marriage and the financial implications, reduction of the military, tax hikes, IRS intimidation, NSA and privacy, JoP investigation of media.......

    America is dead. Democrats have won. Troubling times lie ahead.

  8. #408
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by zgoldsmith23 View Post
    Hey, Papa, you gonna reply or run away? I'm waiting.
    Either one would be my prerogative and none of your business to challenge. Actually, I didn't see your post, if you really must know. You haven't impressed me to the point that you are on my "required reading list". So let's see what you've got here:

    Oh for the love of "god." First, it doesn't matter if parents will be happy. Gay people can (and more could) if it weren't for people such as yourself that consider homosexuality a negative quality. Homosexuals say they have no control over this affliction? Who said this was an affliction? Smallpox is an affliction, homosexuality is not. I see your education on this subject is, much like others, non-existent.
    Since homosexuality prevents the natural bearing of offspring by any organism afflicted with such a condition, if it was genetic, it would be a defect and any widespread propagation of it would result in potential extinction for a species.

    Of course, this is all just academic because the dirty little secret is that homosexuality is not a genetic defect. It's simply a sexually deviant behavior.

  9. #409
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    The SC has recognized the basic human right of marrying one person, I'm unaware that the court has recognized the right to marry multiple people....and again, the court has upheld federal laws against polygamy/bigamy.
    There was no statement by the Supreme Court that it had anything to do with ONLY "one person".

    If the legal argument is that it is a human right to marry who/what you love, you've opened a can of worms.

  10. #410
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    There was no statement that it had anything to do with "one person".
    By whom?

    It certainly was the argument in Loving v Virginia.

    Polygamy will be and has been an argument based on religious rights, not social rights.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Page 41 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •