Page 40 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 1111

Thread: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

  1. #391
    Antichrist
    zgoldsmith23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TN
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    If the gay gene is discovered, trust me.... parents will be very happy if they could be sure their children wouldn't end up being homosexuals. Few parents hope they'll never have grandchildren. And why wouldn't it be good to eliminate this problem? It's an affliction that homosexuals say they have no control over and if parents could assure their children would never have this affliction, that would be good, right?
    Oh for the love of "god." First, it doesn't matter if parents will be happy. Gay people can (and more could) if it weren't for people such as yourself that consider homosexuality a negative quality. Homosexuals say they have no control over this affliction? Who said this was an affliction? Smallpox is an affliction, homosexuality is not. I see your education on this subject is, much like others, non-existent.
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I've never denied my own hackish tendencies
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin dÁr View Post
    scientific by itself isn't enough of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxshep View Post
    Not all Nazis were bad people

  2. #392
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    If the gay gene is discovered, trust me.... parents will be very happy if they could be sure their children wouldn't end up being homosexuals. Few parents hope they'll never have grandchildren. And why wouldn't it be good to eliminate this problem? It's an affliction that homosexuals say they have no control over and if parents could assure their children would never have this affliction, that would be good, right?
    And they could "cure" left handedness, and gingers, and hopefully libertarianism.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #393
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    So, endgame...Who here thinks that when all the court cases are finally resolved, it will work something like this: states can marry who they want, and not marry who they want. However, they cannot fail to recognize marriages performed in any state. That should manage to piss off pretty much every one, but does seem most likely entirely constitutional.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #394
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    No problem they don't already have and haven't already resolved.... collect from whoever has the money.
    So you think that's the rule, eh? It must be lovely to live in simplicityland.

    You're going to cite the Bible as your argument against polygamy? Seriously?
    I'm quoting history, which is reflected in the bible on this issue. Are you pretending polygamy didn't exist in Europe up until the medieval period (and beyond in Asia). Pitiful.

    Not any more than homosexuality lends itself to abusing children. This argument has no bearing on marriage between consenting adults (like brother and sister, father and daughter, daughter and daughter, mother and son, etc. etc. etc.).
    Wow, your true biases have come out. Glad I was able to force you to disclose them. Your brain on homophobia.

  5. #395
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    If the gay gene is discovered, trust me.... parents will be very happy if they could be sure their children wouldn't end up being homosexuals. Few parents hope they'll never have grandchildren. And why wouldn't it be good to eliminate this problem? It's an affliction that homosexuals say they have no control over and if parents could assure their children would never have this affliction, that would be good, right?
    More ignorance from homophobeland. That there is a genetic component to sexual orientation is hardly at issue anymore. The only question is how extensive it is. Further, gay people have always had children, just at a lower rate than heterosexuals.

    I see you are a compendium of misinformation about sexual orientation, a common tea party condition.

  6. #396
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    So you think that's the rule, eh? It must be lovely to live in simplicityland.



    I'm quoting history, which is reflected in the bible on this issue. Are you pretending polygamy didn't exist in Europe up until the medieval period (and beyond in Asia). Pitiful.



    Wow, your true biases have come out. Glad I was able to force you to disclose them. Your brain on homophobia.
    Polygamy was never widespread.

    You are mistaken in the homophobia. I'm not suggesting that homosexuality encourages pedophilia. I'm rejecting your suggestion that incest does any more than homosexuality does. Parents abusing their children isn't a product of their incestuous desire, but the incest is a result of their abusive desire.

  7. #397
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So, endgame...Who here thinks that when all the court cases are finally resolved, it will work something like this: states can marry who they want, and not marry who they want. However, they cannot fail to recognize marriages performed in any state. That should manage to piss off pretty much every one, but does seem most likely entirely constitutional.
    I don't. I think that now we'll see, over the next decade, many court challenges to state law that disallows SSM. What could not be achieved through legislative effort will now be gained through the courts who have signalled quite clearly they're willing to go along. The courts are no longer tethered to the Constitution, they can make up anything they wish since they have set themselves up as the ultimate arbiters. Add in lifetime appointment and we have precisely what the founders feared when they created the court and limited it's powers.

  8. #398
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So, endgame...Who here thinks that when all the court cases are finally resolved, it will work something like this: states can marry who they want, and not marry who they want. However, they cannot fail to recognize marriages performed in any state. That should manage to piss off pretty much every one, but does seem most likely entirely constitutional.
    Right on the first part. Wrong on the second part. Ohio does not have to recognize a gay marriage from Connecticut.

  9. #399
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Don't be so sure. When I was a young man no one could even imagine same sex marriage, let alone support it. Now it enjoys broad support and faces no impediment in federal law. There is no immediately obvious reason why plural marriage could not follow the same path from anathema to acceptance. This is not a reason to be for or against same sex marriage, but it's a reasonable speculation.
    Um, polygamy existed before gay marriage, and polygamy was ended, in fact outlawed in the US by 3 Federal statutes, for a number of reasons chiefly that polygamy restricted males from finding a female mate, a fact that is not changed today. Gay marriage does not change this reason.

    You failed to address this point by joaquin.
    Last edited by Gimmesometruth; 06-26-13 at 05:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #400
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: SCOTUS blog: DOMA Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    I don't. I think that now we'll see, over the next decade, many court challenges to state law that disallows SSM. What could not be achieved through legislative effort will now be gained through the courts who have signalled quite clearly they're willing to go along. The courts are no longer tethered to the Constitution, they can make up anything they wish since they have set themselves up as the ultimate arbiters. Add in lifetime appointment and we have precisely what the founders feared when they created the court and limited it's powers.
    Just because people who know more about the constitution than you do not share you limited opinion on the constitution does not mean they are no longer "tethered to the constitution".
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 40 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •