Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 429

Thread: US Supreme Court strikes down voting rights act clause

  1. #361
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: US Supreme Court strikes down voting rights act clause

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    You wish to change the subject?
    Ingraining any further the seriously flawed remaps, which expand a small majority into a larger majority with those elected cannot be what you believe in, is it?

  2. #362
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,753
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: US Supreme Court strikes down voting rights act clause

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Ingraining any further the seriously flawed remaps, which expand a small majority into a larger majority with those elected cannot be what you believe in, is it?
    I believe in duly constituted Congressional districts, revised every ten years by state governments in accordance with the Census.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  3. #363
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,218

    Re: US Supreme Court strikes down voting rights act clause

    Quote Originally Posted by Democrat152 View Post
    I seriously hope your joking. If not,
    then you definably have a Fox and Friends addiction. Are you seriously trying to tell me that are southern states implementing rigid identification requirements, bans on early voting, cutbacks in the number of urban precincts, and having groups that descend on minority districts to comb the registration rolls for spelling errors are not trying to suppress the minority vote? Stop trying to defend actions such as these, it makes you look like a puppet.
    Whats the Big deal ? Texas's new voting laws should just wash out all of the Democrat election fraud.

    After that we start with a even playing field.

  4. #364
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: US Supreme Court strikes down voting rights act clause

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    And perhaps there needs to be less name-calling. Each jurisdiction has as much right as every other to manage its own affairs. After all, that's how Chicago got the Presidency for JFK.
    And I don't agree with how JFK got elected, if it is as you say. No jurisdiction should be allied to cheat or manipulate. Things are worse now, IMO, than just before the VRA.those who are dividing the Country have won.

  5. #365
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: US Supreme Court strikes down voting rights act clause

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Whats the Big deal ? Texas's new voting laws should just wash out all of the Democrat election fraud.

    After that we start with a even playing field.
    If fraud, Perry and his gang would have proven it. We read of lots of Republican fraud in multiple nearby Republican states and territories.

  6. #366
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: US Supreme Court strikes down voting rights act clause

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    I believe in duly constituted Congressional districts, revised every ten years by state governments in accordance with the Census.
    Duly constituted in no way addresses legitimate concerns i brought up. So be it. If there were no 17th, Repubs would barely own the Senate right now. The 17th guards against the same Repub legislatures trying to throw Federal elections right now.

  7. #367
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,218

    Re: US Supreme Court strikes down voting rights act clause

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    If fraud, Perry and his gang would have proven
    it. We read of lots of Republican fraud
    in multiple nearby Republican states and territories.
    Not in Texas per say, as we're taking steps to insure our State never turns into a place like Michigan, or that our Cities never turn into places like Detroit, or Stockton, but just generally.

    I mean there are Democrats actually doing time for their vote scams and since the Democrats no longer have control of some of those Southern States I think it's safe to say the spectre of Racism is a thing of the past.

  8. #368
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,218

    Re: US Supreme Court strikes down voting rights act clause

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Duly constituted in no way addresses
    legitimate concerns i brought up. So be it. If there were no 17th, Repubs would barely own the Senate right now. The 17th guards against the same Repub legislatures trying to throw Federal elections right now.
    I see youv'e accepted the out come of the 2014 elections.

    Good, acceptance is good.

  9. #369
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,753
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: US Supreme Court strikes down voting rights act clause

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    And I don't agree with how JFK got elected, if it is as you say. No jurisdiction should be allied to cheat or manipulate. Things are worse now, IMO, than just before the VRA.those who are dividing the Country have won.
    Either extend the VRA nationwide or scrap it. No more unequal treatment.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  10. #370
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,753
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: US Supreme Court strikes down voting rights act clause

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Duly constituted in no way addresses legitimate concerns i brought up. So be it. If there were no 17th, Repubs would barely own the Senate right now. The 17th guards against the same Repub legislatures trying to throw Federal elections right now.
    If your concerns are contrary to the Constitution then they are not legitimate.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •